Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

EVen for a hard man defensive midfielder, the class and difference in passing was night and day to some of the championship players we have to acommodate for some wicked reason..
Yep, I thought it was evident when his first two passes were first time, between the lines up to our attackers from deep. I think I cried tears of joy.

honirelandboy

Always try's to play the ball forwards, Scott always plays it back or sideways. That's a huge difference.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think we need to start him along with McTominay against Arsenal. We need that physicality.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Hot and cold I thought, looked good in parts but gave it away easily at other times. If McFred had that cameo, they’d be getting slaughtered.

I’m sure he’ll show his quality vs Arsenal and gradually become a critical player for us.

avgp_1

His passing has always been very good but he needs players in around him to pass to...Unfortunately we tired massively in the second half so very few making themselves available, so few strays. We have to play to his strengths

mancan92

Hot and cold I thought, looked good in parts but gave it away easily at other times. If McFred had that cameo, they’d be getting slaughtered.

I’m sure he’ll show his quality vs Arsenal and gradually become a critical player for us.
Don't think so he had 5 interceptions and only played 7 less passes than Mctom in the whole match. He also looks calm and composed don't remember seeing either of them making that impact.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh, God. He's so bad and we're stuck with him.

He's very lucky that Maddison wasted that free kick. Lost the ball so cheaply too many times.
You try so hard but you are not a patch on Amadeus or whatever his name is.

el3mel

His quality was never the question. It was the price tag, but he's easily one of the best in the world in his position and he'll make us a lot more solid in the back. The defenders will like playing behind him, unlike the shit show that was happening with the Scott-Fred comb last few seasons. For the first time in years defenders will feel protected.

The Hilton

Showed his class in some moments, but I counted 3 times in his short cameo that he just passed the ball straight to a Leicester player on the edge of our box.

Needs to cut that sloppiness out, but the class is evident.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Don't think so he had 5 interceptions and only played 7 less passes than Mctom in the whole match. He also looks calm and composed don't remember seeing either of them making that impact.
Yeah OP is way off base. I've never seen McFred with that level of defensive positioning or confidence in passing. A couple of those giveaways were poor no doubt, but he's not there to be Pirlo anyways.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He did very well, don't know what some of you guys are watching sometimes.

AdNani

He's very lucky that Maddison wasted that free kick. Lost the ball so cheaply too many times.
You are the worst poster on this forum, so bad and we're stuck with you.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s just getting going, obviously not fit enough to start games just yet but his class was obvious tonight.

MrEleson

He’s just getting going, obviously not fit enough to start games just yet but his class was obvious tonight.
Why isn’t he fit enough? He played pre-season for Madrid and was involved in their first competitive games of the season.

Maybe he isn’t on the same wavelength as his teammates yet but I won’t attribute it to fitness personally.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You are the worst poster on this forum, so bad and we're stuck with you.
You're not stuck with me. I'm tired of being insulted on here for expressing my opinions so I'm taking a long break. I hope you and everyone else stays well and see you later.

Olecurls99

A few shaky moments but started a few attacks as well.

I think he should start with Mctominay on Sunday. Eriksen won't have recovered.

Mctominay should learn a lot from this man

Abraxas

I thought he did well.

He gives the impression of being a little off the pace, which is not unexpected to me for a guy that is very ingrained into a certain way of playing in Spain.

But his passing showed some ideas today. I think he's going to take a little more responsibility here once he's fully up to speed than he did at Madrid. We probably need it.

Raven

Christ. I used to think you were a good poster

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
This guy put in a recent MOTM performance against Liverpool in the final.

He’ll be fine

acnumber9

I thought he came on and instantly showed his class, winning balls and zipping forward passes quickly. Not sure what people are unhappy about.

jesperjaap

Always try's to play the ball forwards, Scott always plays it back or sideways. That's a huge difference.
Isnt that at all to me, its simply that he has the intelligence to think ahead. Several occasions he laid a one touch pass forwards, sideways amd even backwards. But he knew the pass he was going to play before the ball reached him, hit the right wait of pass and accurately....that simply has been where Fred/McTominay have been wanting so so often, let alone the actual defensive side of the game without the ball.

To ba fair he had two or three sloppy moments himself in the game but the difference he should bring to our side against high tempo, pressing sides both with and without the ball is huge....

Personally I still have three big concerns with our side though and one of those is over an entire season, I really dont see the right partner for him

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You're not stuck with me. I'm tired of being insulted on here for expressing my opinions so I'm taking a long break. I hope you and everyone else stays well and see you later.
This is a better result than the Utd game!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Will take time to settle in but I'm sure he's going to be a great servant of the club.

redcucumber

Is this a fecking parody or something? Jesus Christ.

pseudo_canadian

Some of the comments in here are absurd.

Yes, he had a very sloppy passes but was otherwise a very calm presence and was cutting off passing lanes. His intent and positioning on and off the ball is very proactive. He is world class and needs time to settle in.

redcucumber

I don't understand those that said he struggled. His passing and timing was immaculate. He was constantly in the right position. The guy is a fecking monster.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought he came on and instantly showed his class, winning balls and zipping forward passes quickly. Not sure what people are unhappy about.
Yeah, first few minutes he looked absolutely class. Later on in the match he didn’t impres so much with his passing but he dictated the tempo in a way the rest of our CMs struggle to do. Really slowed the game down and stopped Leicester from turning it into the end to end basketball game they wanted it to be.

AFC NimbleThumb

Has Souness ever watched him play!?

He stepped on the field started taking the ball like candy from a baby & spraying passes.

Time to unleash him on Sunday.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think he's absolutely incredible. An actual defensive midfielder who knows the position inside out. His positioning was on another level as were the times he ran into gaps to help out the defenders.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
World Class player, came in and brought all his experience with him, helped controlled the tempo of the Game to our favour, Absolute class player.

lex talionis

Still settling in, but class is incredible. I still can't believe we've picked up a player of his quality.

tomaldinho1

The Maddison fk in the best position came from McT’s foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.