Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

As long as EtH decides to leave huge spaces in for teams to exploit us and pairing him with Eriksen who can't move or Fred who can't pass we'll never get the best out of Casemiro long term.

Unlike others I'm not too worried about him long term, I really do think he can play at a high level for a few more years but we have to put him in a position to succeed.

His two main weaknesses are ball retention and mistiming tackles in open spaces. We need to sign players to play alongside him that cover up these flaws. At present we give him way to much responsibility in starting passing moves and pair him with someone who can't run.

Casemiro has shown this season he's our best player when he's on his game. We need to do our best to preserve him.

Bobski

Outstanding today, found his rhythm, was moving well, gave Ramsay and Buendia a bit of a lesson.

Sylar

His best game in a long time. Both on and off the ball, much needed if he can get into a run especially before the fa cup final when it will be needed

Red Rash

MOTM in my opinion. You can make a case for either of the CBs but I thought Casemiro was on another level today. Would love to see his stats from the game if anyone can share them?

Jam

Found his form and was the difference today, now to keep this up until the final.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Status upgraded from 'finished' to 'not finished'. :drool:

We saw when he first came in that it takes him a few games to get up to full match speed. Hopefully he avoids injury and suspension going forward and we don't have to worry about that much.

Zoo

He needs rhythm. Think Ten Hag has mentioned this before. Like Rooney.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe he feels a lot more confident going full throttle at home? Last few games he’s been shite (Sevilla; Brighton; Spurs) have all been away from OT.

TheReligion

Abusive
This would be fantastic.

You see how ten Hag wants to play, and how he had Ajax playing, and Casemiro will never be a fit. He needs everyone - even the CBs - to be comfortable under pressure to play out from any situation, and Casemiro is one of our worst players under pressure. He's lightweight, can't shield the ball can't carry it, hoofs it to the opposition, routinely fails short passes. We're never going to be what ten Hag wants with him in the team.

Unfortunately, though, this isn't likely.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Better with his passing but I felt he didnt offer the right protection in midfield.

El Jefe

That was more like it, the Casemiro we're used to. Was everywhere and great on both sides of the pitch.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That was much better. Still not quite the imperious version that we've seen earlier, but a great performance.

Superunknown

Happy that he found his flow again. Maybe that thing about him needing a few games to get his rhythm back rings true.

Alemar

Very good game, could have scored as well, but unlucky with the crossbar

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Back to his old self after a few head scratching displays. Thank God.

Abraxas

He was noticably more careful with his passing today. I think that has been pointed out during the week. Even if it required taking an extra touch to make sure he found the right option, he took that decision today instead of playing a poor, quick pass.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Back to his old self after a few head scratching displays. Thank God.
He always does that mini fist pump. I'm just picturing him doing it off the pitch all of the time now.

Goes through to the kitchen to do the dishes. Dishes are already washed.

Sneaky Kit-Kat at the back of the cupboard.

Gets three green lights in a row on the way to Aldi. Double fist pump because there's a parking space at the front entrance.

Inflatable swans in the middle ailse. Two for one on teriyaki steak pizzas. Till number 4 opens up just as he gets to it. Hello, police? I'd like to report a mad Brazilian doing a flurry of air punches beside a shelf filled with blue cheese stuffed chocolate coated pretzels.

jasveron

Great game today! Have a feeling that he's back at it now and will be good till the end of the season. Huge for us!

Seanus

Think it was in parf because the ref didn't book him at the first opportunity, those red cards must have played on his mind

lsd

The Oracle
He hasn't found his form, he had been paying well since he came back but with Martinez and Varane getting injured he has had to modify his game for us and be more defensive

OrcaFat

What a shock, the guy who was our best player for weeks on end (this season) is actually not shit and is actually not a cautionary tale to warn against the dangers of signing someone over 30. l wish I could ignore the bollox that’s posted in here if he has a 6/10 but it’s so damn stupid it annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.