Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

I am asking again if people still think he needed games to get going or if he is just crap at short passing, which is a huge part of his role and even more important for the way we play as we don't have what he had in Real Madrid.

He is still good, but I think I can see that he will decline very quickly with us. We have to stop buying players (big names or not) from other teams that let them go at around 30. There is a reason.

Abhinav

Should have been dropped if we had any kind of back-up for him. Pathetic display. Dont know if he is carrying an injury or what, but he has lost all kind of fitness since coming back.

Jimmah

Seems to drop off in games and make stupid passes towards the end of the match, he’s still quality but needs a kick up the arse sometimes.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
His whole demeaner changed since he's been back from his suspension. Also some of the most basic passes/headers he gifts to the opponents.. shocking.

Bondi77

That was poor and these are the games where we need our big players to stand up.
I hope he can get back to the form he showed earlier when he was so impressive because this version is not good at all.

Sylar

Very worrying especially as we need him at his best to have a chance in the cup final where we won't have the most possession.
He needs to turn it on somehow

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's been poor since his return. He's got credit in the bank but we know older players can fall off a cliff at any time.

BorisManUtd

I am bit worried about him for next season, mostly because he's 31 so who knows how much he's got in his legs at top level.

Leg-End

Performances like that….I hope he’s just cruising back into it a bit, because he’s been shite since his return.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I need to see the stats but, to my eyes, Casemiro has been woefully off the pace since returning from suspension. Taking far too long on the ball, missing challenges, taking bad decisions. It's bizarre. It's like he is back to what he was when he first signed.

Raven

Thought he was much better today than he has been lately, still not great though.

Oranges038

He's not been great lately, long season and suspensions getting to him.

Needs to buck up and fast.

Dannn411

Only reason he's playing is because there is nobody behind him. We need an alternative in that position that can actually control games because he will take us nowhere at all. He is the grandmaster of giving balls away in the most nonchalant manner in the most dangerous areas. Flat out shocking.

InfiniteBoredom

He needs to work on his body shape when receiving the ball, sounds mental for a player of his caliber, but in recent weeks his ball shielding has been a massive issue, get robbed too easily.

And the passing, way too nonchalant/ambitious. It was sometimes the issue at Madrid as well but here it’s getting more pronounced as our short game is nonexistent.

El-Manos

I am bit worried about him for next season, mostly because he's 31 so who knows how much he's got in his legs at top level.
It’s not his legs though, he’s just making silly mistakes. His focus isn’t all there or something. It’s not like he looks gassed

3KDré

I need to see the stats but, to my eyes, Casemiro has been woefully off the pace since returning from suspension. Taking far too long on the ball, missing challenges, taking bad decisions. It's bizarre. It's like he is back to what he was when he first signed.
This is why I have faith he will grow out of it soon. Seems to need a good run of games to get going. Similar to Rooney.

Banana Republic

Casemiro has lost it.
Looks gassed.
Since coming back from his 2nd ban, he’s been sloppy, careless and inconsistent.
The fire and passion has vanished.

justboy68

Something is not right with him at all and I hope he can get the mojo back soon. I'll be worried about him next season if he continues on this track!

hobbers

Honestly since Liverpool he's looked finished.

Hope he looks his old self after a rest and full pre season. Else his United career will be a £70m 1 season wonder.

E-mal

All I would say is we need Caicedo and another very good midfielder for next season.

Roboc7

I love him, but that 80m we paid for him will bite us in the arse within one or two years maximum, especially if we don't win any major trophy in that period.
He was a buy to steady the ship, a quick fix for a long term problem. Have to recognise it’s his first season in league with a World Cup in between and looks like his legs have gone. On the other hand he’ll be 32 next season and isn’t going to get any better so this season and next season is probably my peak of what we’ll get out of him.

Abraxas

I was going to theorise that maybe he's struggling with the pace of this season. The pattern of struggling initially due to adaptation, then playing extremely well, but tailing off at the end would fit this. After all, this is a completely different game to anchoring Kroos and Modric who relentlessly keep the ball in the Spanish league. Every one of our games is fraught with difficulty, even against bottom of the table. It's like ping pong when we lose control.

But he's not actually played a crazy amount compared to some players. So if this is correct, I don't know that it is less concerning than his form simply being crap.

One thing is for sure, we absolutely need to be able to manage Eriksen and Casimero next season. We need to be able to use their experience and quality at the right times and manage their legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.