Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-MUFC

Really disappointing for a long time now.
He looked really up for it in the first few months of the season. He now's seems way off it in so many ways. Man Utd are really good at doing this to players.

Long Time Red

I just don't understand why Ten Hag had him getting in the box.

West Ham were a counterattacking threat and we needed him to shield the CBs and stop counters.

Witchking

Looking exhausted when he has missed a lot of games and in some which he played he just cruised though misplacing passes, missing tackles.

The praise he got earlier was definitely valid as he was great but if he needs 5-7 games to get into the groove, then he is a major issue.

He was brought in as he has the experience and supposed mentality of a top player and has won everything with Madrid.

The story of him breaking away from vacation and going back to Madrid because they lost by some 4-5 goals to show how committed he was, looks so stupid when he was part of the 7-0 mauling and was unable to guide the team and bring some calmness when shite hit the fan.

Gets 2 red cards which also made us lose points.

A very 5 out of 10 season. Would say he has been mediocre overall.

Disappointing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Got absolutely scolded for saying if a good offer from Bayern came in, we should sell to get a different profile of a midfielder sitting deep.

I hope he plays back into form, but midfielders of his profile typically don't age well.

Ten Hag needs to use him differently next season when we have the ball.

GueRed

We need Casemiro and Eriksen on form again.

Last few weeks haven't been good enough

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Got absolutely scolded for saying if a good offer from Bayern came in, we should sell to get a different profile of a midfielder sitting deep.

I hope he plays back into form, but midfielders of his profile typically don't age well.

Disagree with this. He’s never been a player to rely on pace and more his defensive instincts which are clearly still there. I just think he’s a victim of playing in a poor side at the moment. Most of the issue stems from our terrible keeper and awful strikers. A better partner in midfield would also help him significantly too.

Himannv

I can't get my head around what's going on with him. He's like a shadow of the player he was just 2 months ago. It's like he's scared of the ball now and doesn't even seem to shield the defence much anymore. Is he scared of getting another red card or something?

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Disagree with this. He’s never been a player to rely on pace and more his defensive instincts which are clearly still there. I just think he’s a victim of playing in a poor side at the moment. Most of the issue stems from our terrible keeper and awful strikers. A better partner in midfield would also help him significantly too.
I'm with TrustInJanuzaj on this one. I think he could easily play another season or two on top level, but needs to be paired with energetic ball carrier. This midfield isn't physical enough for EPL.
I also don't think De Jong is a perfect match for him. Caicedo would be a better choice IMO, more all-round midfielder but able to pass/run his way through the press.

I feel like he is complicating his game too much and paying the price
This. Either that or he tries too difficult things.

El Jefe

I'm still a Casemiro fan but this should be an example for those wanting Kane at any cost.

Casemiro is still a top player but he's not the ideal DM for the style we want to play. At RM, they never defended with spaces all over the pitch they are relatively compact so Casemiro never had to get dragged all over the place to plug gaps. It was the same on the ball, Kroos and Modric were always nearby so he played simple passes to them to build the attack. Here we are asking him to be something he's bever been. Sure his passing range is impressive but his execution is extremely volatile.

We'll buy Kane and people will moan about why he isn't running in behind or stretching defences.

We've bought Casemiro but are playing in a way that heightens his limitations.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm still a Casemiro fan but this should be an example for those wanting Kane at any cost.

Casemiro is still a top player but he's not the ideal DM for the style we want to play. At RM, they never defended with spaces all over the pitch they are relatively compact so Casemiro never had to get dragged all over the place to plug gaps. It was the same on the ball, Kroos and Modric were always nearby so he played simple passes to them to build the attack. Here we are asking him to be something he's bever been. Sure his passing range is impressive but his execution is extremely volatile.

We'll buy Kane and people will moan about why he isn't running in behind or stretching defences.

We've bought Casemiro but are playing in a way that heightens his limitations.
Absolutely, and we pair him with a guy who never played CM in midfield two (at least not regularly). It's a miracle it worked for so long to be honest.

They way we play we need Bayern-style all-round midfielders and I think those will be difficult to find.

OldTrevil

He needs support when we play high intensity midfields and that isn't Eriksen; the wayward passing is on him though.

-Supreme-

Looks like he is starting to feel the demands from the PL at this late stage of the season, it certainly doesn’t help with the additional workload from the World Cup. Let’s hope his fitness improves next season, but at 31 years old I’m not overly optimistic.

OmarUnited4ever

Absolutely, and we pair him with a guy who never played CM in midfield two (at least not regularly). It's a miracle it worked for so long to be honest.

They way we play we need Bayern-style all-round midfielders and I think those will be difficult to find.
I'd argue that he would do well next to a dynamic CM who can share the burden of the physicality needed in a midfield 2 and is capable of accurate passing and progressing the ball , Eriksen is lightweight there, someone like Bruno Guimarães for example would fit perfectly alongside Cas

Kingdingaling

His form has fallen off a cliff, woeful recently and costing us dearly.

Showing his age.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This has to be a wum. He's had more games off than most.
Having games off doesn't necessarily mean he's more relaxed. If you watch him moping around the pitch, he clearly isn't the player he was earlier in the year when he was threading through balls to CR7 or hitting last minute headers against the likes of then good Chelsea. Where is the passion of "that" player today ?

LordSpud

Having games off doesn't necessarily mean he's more relaxed. If you watch him moping around the pitch, he clearly isn't the player he was earlier in the year when he was threading through balls to CR7 or hitting last minute headers against the likes of then good Chelsea. Where is the passion of "that" player today ?
He's just picking up card after card and his reactions to those yellows is just exasperation. Like I think the cards hes picked up this season has killed his love for playing from us already. Especially when identical incidents occur in other games and nothing happens.

I think the first chance he gets he will hightail it out of here.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The problem is, it doesn't really matter if a player relies on pace or not, what matters is his timing and even if he was offered far more leniency at Real Madrid, he always had moment like that when he was a bit out of form and suddenly, what used to be a great tackle became a late tackle and a foul just because of that extrat split second he took to react. For a pretty rough player like Casemiro, there's a fine line between bossing the midfield and collecting yellows.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was epically shit vs West Ham, as was Eriksen

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said he was being overrated by some fans and got hounded for it. As much as Casemiro has improved United's midfield, I don't think Casemiro should be the midfielder you want to have the most touches on the ball. His passing can be erratic at times, and he is a hot head. He's similar to Bruno in a lot of was, and one Bruno is already too much to deal with if you want to play possession football.
We’ve got three. Eriksen is the same when you look at the actual stats. We’ve not had a midfielder who doesn’t treat the ball like it’s a hot potato in god knows how long. Michael Carrick, maybe?

A-man

He was in midfield with Eriksen and Wout, so he was always going to be up against it. Quite a comedown from Kroos and Modric.

Casemiro was far from the worst player today.
Maybe not the worst, but the impact when he is poor is huge.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He plays like Rooney near the end of his time here

Scottynaldinho

He's not showing his age. It's just the fact that he's been asked to do more than he could. His role should be to shield the back 4 and stop the counters instead we're asking him to play like peak Matic which is not what he's.

He's still one of the best at what he does and should be used as such.

Bobski

Bit of an overreaction. Hasn't been as bad as some are making out recently and probably wasn't quite as good as most of us were saying a couple of months back. His passing has been seriously erratic all season but the dip in form of everyone around him is not helping. Needs to stop diving in, crazy stuff from a guy of his experience and I think the period of he and Eriksen being a viable midfield was always going to be a short window.

JagUTD

It's a combination of fatigue and also the two decent players who operate behind him for me.

Those two being injured coincides with our downturn in form as a team and individuals.

lex talionis

He's not showing his age. It's just the fact that he's been asked to do more than he could. His role should be to shield the back 4 and stop the counters instead we're asking him to play like peak Matic which is not what he's.

He's still one of the best at what he does and should be used as such.
Spot on. Casemiro needs help in midfield especially when Eriksen begins to break down at the end of the first half.

Bondi77

Game fatigue really should not be an issue with him as he has had two decent breaks with his suspensions.
I think that he may of underestimated the intensity of the Premier League as it is non stop in every game and he is not in one of the top two sides in the league so he has to bring it in every game.
The guy is obviously a great professional so I would imagine he now knows the demands of the game and what to expect going forwards.

buckooo1978

think the one game recently where he looked pretty good was against Villa

a game we played a box midfield of Cas and Ericksen behind Bruno and Sabitzer and we controlled the game

We've a Wolves team who will pack midfield at the weekend - think Id revert back to this team

Man Utd 2:0 Wolves

Dve

He kind of fell of the cliff, didn't he. Both him and Varane were so bad on the ball today, it was painful to watch.

Idxomer

The anti-Casemiro bias from the refs has been ridiculous.

His performance was fine but he makes at least 5 inexplicable passes each game now.

Rockets Redglare

He kind of fell of the cliff, didn't he. Both him and Varane were so bad on the ball today, it was painful to watch.
Really? I thought he was good today. Played some very good balls and defensively he was tidy.

Glorio

He's been a lot more adventurous with long passes recently, and that incidentally means he's been giving the ball away a good few times. That said, was a good game from him

Dve

Really? I thought he was good today. Played some very good balls and defensively he was tidy.
He was ok defensively, I guess, but caused quite a few ball losses with his sloppy involvements. When you play as a DM, it's sort of imperative that you are steady on the ball. It's great that he occasionally hit's with his long passes, but he's too sloppy with the simple passes and causes too many ball losses. This has been my criticism of him the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.