Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City 2:1 Man Utd

Bobski

Concerned with him physically, noticable drop in his mobility and running power as this season has progressed. Maybe a decent pre season will bring him around but it could be a steep decline.

criticalanalysis

Concerned with him physically, noticable drop in his mobility and running power as this season has progressed. Maybe a decent pre season will bring him around but it could be a steep decline.
If you're expecting box to box running power and dynamism every game from Casemiro then you're barking up the wrong tree. The biggest issue is that he almost single handedly has to look after the midfield on his own with Eriksen/Bruno ahead of him. He was decent today, stepped up and did his part.

Fred was a much better partner but he's not the long term answer.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s physically shot after an hour.

Bobski

If you're expecting box to box running power and dynamism every game from Casemiro then you're barking up the wrong tree. The biggest issue is that he almost single handedly has to look after the midfield on his own with Eriksen/Bruno ahead of him. He was decent today, stepped up and did his part.

Fred was a much better partner but he's not the long term answer.
Of course we need to improve those around him which can hide some of his issues but there are times when he turns so slowly or gets isolated in space and he looks a problem.

Quagmire Maguire

Only player who could hold his head high after that match, him and Garnacho. And to the idiots who keep moaning that he is shot after 60minutes, and his legs look gone blah blah, he has basically been asked to hold back City midfield 5 ALONE. Eriksen was basically a traffic cone next to him and Fred was his usual bull in a china shop shit.

Put him in a competent team who can keep possession for more than 2 passes and he would look sublime week in week out.

NickJ

Needs legs around him but worrying how many times city walked through the middle of our midfield and he seemed to be out of position. Doesn’t help with Fred and Eriksen being his midfield partners

Red Rash

One of our better players but had to try and be a one man midfield which was never going to happen

criticalanalysis

Of course we need to improve those around him which can hide some of his issues but there are times when he turns so slowly or gets isolated in space and he looks a problem.
Oh no doubt. There's no pretending he's isn't 31 years old and super athletic anymore but those situations are due to larger problems i.e why is he in those isolated spaces and getting turned in transition often? On an individual level, yes he absolutely should take responsibility for committing too much and diving in but from a tactical perspective, where the hell are his midfield partners 80% of the time?

It's why the Mount rumours are odd and disappointing (if it's true) because he's definitely not going to help with this in a major way.

The United

His first half was okay. But what's up with him not following his man on our right side in the second half? I thought they would have scored.

We really do need someone else that can play in that position. I think his fitness would be a concern for us going forward when he has to play alone there for the whole season as he would not be getting younger.

Dominos

No complaints from me for the performance I thought he was mostly good, other than stupidly planting his studs on someone early in the first half which the ref missed.

Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho and Rashford were far bigger culprits for today's loss as they needed to make the difference in the attacking half. Fred gave the stupid free kick away, and obviously De Gea is useless.

We had a decent amount of the ball consider it was against City, we restricted them to few clear chances, we managed to progress the ball through midfield to our attack plenty of occasions. Just couldn't score.

led_scholes

Nothing wrong with his performance. Eriksen was shot from the 1st second, and Bruno was a bit awful too. Fred was man marking KDB, so it was Case against Gundogan, Rodri. And he did more than fine.

Sylar

Hopefully we don't waste his years here by not surrounding him with better talent

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Reality check on Casemiro today.
He's a level below the Man City midfielders, and it's not because he's covering our other midfielders.
Physically, after 60 mins his energy level drops significantly.

OrcaFat

Yeah he did well.

Looks quietly pissed off with the shambles around him at times but he keeps at it. I think we’ll get a couple more years from him. Hope we get a really good no8 to play with him.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah he did well.

Looks quietly pissed off with the shambles around him at times but he keeps at it. I think we’ll get a couple more years from him. Hope we get a really good no8 to play with him.

Disappointing to see him having to accept being second best after winning so much at Real

Cloud7

No complaints from me for the performance I thought he was mostly good, other than stupidly planting his studs on someone early in the first half which the ref missed.

Eriksen, Bruno, Sancho and Rashford were far bigger culprits for today's loss as they needed to make the difference in the attacking half. Fred gave the stupid free kick away, and obviously De Gea is useless.

We had a decent amount of the ball consider it was against City, we restricted them to few clear chances, we managed to progress the ball through midfield to our attack plenty of occasions. Just couldn't score.
We really need him to do less of this and less of the reckless tackles next season. This season has shown that the refs will not hesitate to send him off and we really can't have him missing a quarter of the season next year

Andersons Dietician

Hes either carrying an injury or is just physically wrecked. He’s never been the fastest but my word looked like he was running in sand at times today. Wasn’t a great day for any of our midfielders, so nothing really to pick at about his performance.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was good.

I do worry about a quick decline though next season. Players akin to his profile in midfield have the tendency to just fall off a cliff after so many minutes/games accumulating throughout their career.

Hopefully with a summer break and pre-season, he'll be fine next season too.

Malone_Post

He gets such a free pass on here because he’s so well liked and is a big name. His decline in the second half of the season is incredibly worrying. He’s already looking physically shot. City were walking past him like he wasn’t there today. His passing is also a major issue that gets constantly brushed over.

Chief123

Reality check on Casemiro today.
He's a level below the Man City midfielders, and it's not because he's covering our other midfielders.
Physically, after 60 mins his energy level drops significantly.
I don’t quite agree with this. Yes his energy levels do drop but that is compounded by the point people are making in that he’s having to cover a lot of pitch in the majority of games.

Most games we play, he is our only defensive midfielder with the others in midfield playing higher up.

If you put Rodri in his position in the same scenario, Rodri would constantly be exposed as he isn’t the most agile and mobile either. However Rodri has Stones alongside him working in tandem.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s a bit ridiculous how he’s treated by referees at times. The chest control play where he was penalised was silly.

Bobski

It’s a bit ridiculous how he’s treated by referees at times. The chest control play where he was penalised was silly.
I think it has become close to a meme all the whining about his harsh treatment. Yes, he has had soft cards against him but he has also got away with a lot of silly lunges that could easily have been punished with yellows over the season. Would have a lot more sympathy if he would just cut that out.

Josh 76

He gets such a free pass on here because he’s so well liked and is a big name. His decline in the second half of the season is incredibly worrying. He’s already looking physically shot. City were walking past him like he wasn’t there today. His passing is also a major issue that gets constantly brushed over.
Agree. He had an awful start and an awful finish. Maybe the PL physical demand took a lot of out him. I think he needs to be rested more next season (30 games) and we may get a consistent season from him.

The problem is who replaces him in the other games?

Idxomer

I thought he was fine yesterday and his passing was much cleaner than usual in that type of game.

Sylar

Really hope we can get a competent midfielder to play alongside him next season especially given we will have CL football. Hopefully one of our youngsters has a Garnacho type impact in pre-season and becomes a fixture for us too.

You know its really harsh when Jenas thought it was ridiculous :lol:

croadyman

Really hope we can get a competent midfielder to play alongside him next season especially given we will have CL football. Hopefully one of our youngsters has a Garnacho type impact in pre-season and becomes a fixture for us too.

You know its really harsh when Jenas thought it was ridiculous :lol:
Yeah he badly needs a suitable partner along with a Rabiot who can cover him or a young prospect who can eventually take over his role

Sylar

Yeah he badly needs a suitable partner along with a Rabiot who can cover him or a young prospect who can eventually take over his role
We just need good options. Casemiro surprised me with some of his play (in a positive way). Majority of it happened when he was fresh and the team was fresh. Once the games increased to one every three days post world cup, we as a whole team struggled to go full on.
Added to the fact that we had some games like Liverpool away where we has wout as number 10 in front of casemiro :lol:

I do think casemiro and eriksen was a good partnership and we saw that when they played with Bruno in front of them. We had a great record with those three starting and they complimented each other. But I don't think we have seen one game this season with our strongest possible line up Which is mad

Dan_F

There was one point where he pretty much gave up chasing back as a City player broke into the box, he looked really slow. I’m not convinced it’s a massive drop off in physicality though. It’s easy to forget he was playing in such a compact midfield before where he rarely got as exposed as he is now.

He’s gone from playing with Modric and Kroos to now playing with two number tens.

Fanta Stick

Had a dream about Casemiro last night.
Was teaching him fly fishing of all things.
The man is a natural of course.
Beautiful wrist action.
I start calling him CASTemiro for the bants.
He looks at me with confusion, except he has now morphed into Manuel from Fawlty Towers and says "Que? Mi nombre es Casemiro?"
I have never fished in my life.
Dreams, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.