Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart89

Need his agent to do an interview so we can all go back to loving the chubby-cheeked little bugger again.

BorisManUtd

31 is hardly old for a midfielder these days. We arent living in the 90's anymore.
Not saying it's old but it can be old in his case, some players tend to drop off earlier. Fingers crossed that won't be the case with him.

Blood Mage

He's looked worryingly like Matic in the last few games. I think we need another DM in the summer to rotate with him. Palhinha or Lavia maybe.

lex talionis

Off day for Casemiro, though not poor. He had a header near the end which could have been the match winner but missed it by a fairly narrow margin. Hardly even noticed by the presenters and I don't recall anyone mentioning it on the matchday thread.

Dan_F

Good to see everyone is taking things well tonight then :lol: We’re missing our two best centre halves, meaning our left back isn’t playing in his position. The right back can barely play a ball out of defence, along with the keeper. Garnacho injured and no serious striker.

Casemiro isn’t the problem.

Sylar

Good to see everyone is taking things well tonight then :lol: We’re missing our two best centre halves, meaning our left back isn’t playing in his position. The right back can barely play a ball out of defence, along with the keeper. Garnacho injured and no serious striker.

Casemiro isn’t the problem.
He's not the problem, but he is a problem when he's misplacing easy passes and getting caught on possession like he did today.

Obviously better players means he has better options around him.

I think the tackling side of his game has been somewhat affected by that Southampton red card so hopefully he snaps out of it. But his passing which was really good hasnt been there

Irwin99

I'm not too worried about him. He's been putting in pretty mixed performances in the past few games but i can still see flashes of the old Casemiro here and there. I think he'll get better the more games he plays from now until the end of the season.

glasgow 21

Has Casemiro checked out of Old Trafford due to the treatment by English Refs? It wouldn't surprise me if I heard of a possible move for him soon. The player i saw early this season has vanished.

always_hoping

Hasn't been the same since the two dodgy red card against him. Seems to have lost his edge due to his lack of trust of officials in this league.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Has Casemiro checked out of Old Trafford due to the treatment by English Refs? It wouldn't surprise me if I heard of a possible move for him soon. The player i saw early this season has vanished.
I thought this today too. Typically treated differently to other PL midfielders because he's United and non-English.

Players like Eriksen, Casemiro, Matic, in my eyes, they're run into the ground because of our playstyle combined with our recruitment strategy.

croadyman

He's paranoid by the red cards but my god do we need to sign someone in the summer to cover

Gazza

I honestly think he feels victimized by referees in England. His reaction to getting a yellow, I think vs Brighton in the cup, he looked dumbfounded and demoralized. I could imagine someone overthinking their game or generally feeling down for missing so many games for their team. I don't know if that's the reason, but I think it's possibly part of the reason.

croadyman

I honestly think he feels victimized by referees in England. His reaction to getting a yellow, I think vs Brighton in the cup, he looked dumbfounded and demoralized. I could imagine someone overthinking their game or generally feeling down for missing so many games for their team. I don't know if that's the reason, but I think it's possibly part of the reason.
Yeah FFS Erik sign Lavia/Caicedo,hell despite all the shenanigans would take Rabiot

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is my worry with signing older players from a different league which I said when we signed him. But he’s done superbly this season so hopefully he still has a couple of top years to give.

What I do think is that he needs to know his limitations and keep it safe. He got loads of plaudit in the first half of the season but I don’t think being the main man that much is his thing - his ability doesnt stack up. He’s a fine DM but he’s always going to be an inconsistent passer

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I am asking again if people still think he needed games to get going or if he is just crap at short passing, which is a huge part of his role and even more important for the way we play as we don't have what he had in Real Madrid.

He is still good, but I think I can see that he will decline very quickly with us. We have to stop buying players (big names or not) from other teams that let them go at around 30. There is a reason.
He’s never been a great passer. We need a few high quality ones around him to make up for it. He needs to stick to breaking attacks and keeping it very simple when he has it.

FerociousCorgis

If bayern come sniffing and we don't make ucl could see him wanting out. Can't blame him being pissed with the shit epl refs targeting him

Gordon S

We should just learn to avoid these former superstars once and for all.
Varane has been very good for us here and there but has been out injured a lot and gut feeling is it wont go away.

Casemiro has been brilliant for us, for a few months. He might come back to his best soon, but it feels like we end up around here somewhere regardless with these older high profile players.
Just hoping that it is just a short dip in form, they will be back soon, you see...

sotdevil

This unfortunately sums up the majority of our fanbase, he’s been quality all season until the latest suspension and yes whilst he’s had a drop off he’s still played ok, no need for the negativity towards him, all we need for him is a player of a decent level to provide him with the rest he needs at times (not McFred)

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We should just learn to avoid these former superstars once and for all.
Varane has been very good for us here and there but has been out injured a lot and gut feeling is it wont go away.

Casemiro has been brilliant for us, for a few months. He might come back to his best soon, but it feels like we end up around here somewhere regardless with these older high profile players.
Just hoping that it is just a short dip in form, they will be back soon, you see...
Well, we certainly don't have the eye for young talents so by not signing already established, valuable players found by others, what should we transfer?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He’s never been a great passer. We need a few high quality ones around him to make up for it. He needs to stick to breaking attacks and keeping it very simple when he has it.
"Great" I am not sure, but he is a very good passer of the ball. I've been watching him in Real Madrid years ago and he isn't that far off from Eriksen.

Yesterday the problem wasn't that he was giving away the ball because of bad DIFFICULT passes, he was feckin up simple short to mid passes. This is very unlike him I can assure you (from what I've seen). He's in terrible form, he makes bad choices, is indecisive and poor execution of the passess means we can't escape the pressure. Again, this is VERY unlike him.

Him and Matic have one problem in common, once they start losing the legs they are played in midfield two with players who are good on the ball but ineffective defensively (Eriksen/Pogba). In both cases this midfield gets outrun easily. However, Casemiro passing is levels above Matic so I am not that worried YET.

Cloud7

I agree. While he has had his down periods here and there in between being arguably our best player this season, even those weren’t really that bad, just below what we know he can do. However since that second suspension, something has looked not quite right. I can’t help but wonder if the mental side of his game is suffering a bit because of what’s happened with the referees and he’s a little more hesitant as a result of it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Form is temporary, class is permanent

he’s in bad form, but like anyone else we need an alternative so he is benched when in bad form

OldTrevil

He's been off his game lately but yesterday may have been his worst. It seemed like every other ball he was giving it away, often after ignoring the easy, simple pass. He's giving McT a run for his money on lost possession. I wonder what his stats were on balls lost.

Gordon S

Well, we certainly don't have the eye for young talents so by not signing already established, valuable players found by others, what should we transfer?
Our scouts can spot a young talent as well as any other club, case in point, Hannibal, Garnacho, Amad. There was this story not too long ago about our North American scout, who was raving about this young Canadian LB, Alphonso Davies. He told the bosses at United that they need to sign him, because he was a gem.

It´s the people upstairs that make the decisions that, i would guess, is too easily lured by the, "ooooh 5 champions league titles".

Pretty much every older star player that we have bought the last decade has felt like, more or less a disappointment. Casemiro has to be said though, have been too good this season to throw him in the "deadwood" category just yet

I´m hoping that they will learn eventually.

akromon

He's been sensational and has really shown us what a top class midfielder is and also what our standards should be. However, and I might be wrong, but I dont think we will see the same level again. It will be still be good and above what we have become used to but the premier league really does push physical limits. As unrealistic as it may be, we need to be going after two top level midfielders.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not been in top form lately but I’m sure he’ll be back to it.

Does always seem to have about 5 or 6 passes per game in him that are nowhere near the target though.

Gavinb33

Not been in top form lately but I’m sure he’ll be back to it.

Does always seem to have about 5 or 6 passes per game in him that are nowhere near the target though.
We're probably asking him to do to much in ball progression in his passes, what we need is to give him a partner who can share that and as much as I like Eriksen he ain't a central midfielder in a 2 no way

criticalanalysis

I don't think having Eriksen (who has been superb in spurts) is helping his game. He needs someone who can run, help in defence transition and get up and down the box alongside him.

Malone_Post

His form is incredibly worrying. He started the season slowly but grew into it and for a good part of the season was absolutely fantastic. Arguably our most important player. But he’s now playing how many were concerned a 31 year old who’s game relies on athleticism would adapt to the PL. I have to admit I’m worried. There’s a very strong Matic vibe to his first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.