Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Someone said Di Maria.
Di Maria registered 14 assists in his one season. If the club was well run at the time, the best thing to do was to try and fix the issues because the player was worth it.

Jam

Di Maria registered 14 assists in his one season. If the club was well run at the time, the best thing to do was to try and fix the issues because the player was worth it.
Weird revisionism.

He absolutely had a purple patch when he first arrived, but he did not but in whatsoever and didn’t want to be here. I for one am glad we didn’t waste two seasons after trying to beg him to stay when he clearly didn’t even want to be here.

There was no keeping Di Maria as an option, for all the clubs faults moving him on was the right decision.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I was calling for him to be captain when we signed him. It's not the norm to make a new signing captain, but he was clearly a leader.

He's immense.
Think if he were fluent in English he'd be seriously considered. Just have to wait and see.

Chief123

Think if he were fluent in English he'd be seriously considered. Just have to wait and see.
In the summer we have 2 major candidates to be captain in Martinez and Casemiro. However, I don't think it'll be taken from Bruno.

JPRouve

Scout
Weird revisionism.

He absolutely had a purple patch when he first arrived, but he did not but in whatsoever and didn’t want to be here. I for one am glad we didn’t waste two seasons after trying to beg him to stay when he clearly didn’t even want to be here.

There was no keeping Di Maria as an option, for all the clubs faults moving him on was the right decision.
What is the revisionism? That a poor season by his standard was a productive one? Or that Di Maria in 2015 was a player worth trying? Or maybe the club was well run at the time?

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Monster of a player. He was everywhere and his positioning was insane. The amount of times he won the ball or disrupt the opponent attack was absurd. Didnt know he can pass that well too

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
In the summer we have 2 major candidates to be captain in Martinez and Casemiro. However, I don't think it'll be taken from Bruno.
Well, 3 captains better than one I guess :lol: We went from having no candidates before this season to having at least 2 choices. Weird how it's all worked out.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's quite amazing that we finally guessed with signing senior player who quite possibly came here for his last paycheck.

I enjoy watching him play, looks like a great player. :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He'll be monumental for us, the fact that he held his own in such a an important game is telling, one more additional and we just might have the best midfield in the entire league.

Also that goal :drool:

Orion.

Offering Bellingham the chance to play with him might be decisive. World class player and one of the greatest midfielders of the modern era.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What is the revisionism? That a poor season by his standard was a productive one? Or that Di Maria in 2015 was a player worth trying? Or maybe the club was well run at the time?
If you’ve read the recent quotes from his missus you‘d see that there was probably only so much the club could do to get more out of him. Very very hard for anyone to perform in a new environment when their other half is desperate to get the feck out of there.

Charles Miller

Of course Di Maria is a great player. It doesn't need to be said. It was a joke, due to the emotional reaction his name causes here.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Weird revisionism.

Absolutely correct that he hated it here and we were right to sell him. But he was also clearly a level above everyone else in terms of quality on the pitch.

As shown by him being really good for years for PSG after. Still a cnut though

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Monster. As most sensible posters said, he needed time to settle

The Uncle of All Uncles

Really love the effect he's had on our midfield. God, we've been so easy to play through these past few years. Finally, we've got a legit one-of-the-best-in-the-world midfielders. What the hell took so long?

JPRouve

Scout
If you’ve read the recent quotes from his missus you‘d see that there was probably only so much the club could do to get more out of him. Very very hard for anyone to perform in a new environment when their other half is desperate to get the feck out of there.
I know about the quotes and the situation existed when he was still in Madrid which is why it's pretty irrelevant, she wanted to stay in Madrid, he chose to leave, she preferred Paris and he still moved to United. The issue is that falling out with LVG gave him no reason to convince his wife.

kundalini

Brilliant header for his goal. Passing seemed fine for first 30 mins then kept giving the ball away carelessly.

Alemar

It’s good a ball went in. Casemiro was unlucky with posts and crossbars lately, this time Kepa touched the ball into the post, but luckily enough it got in off the post then. Perhaps just 2 centimetres over the line, though :D

Logi

Brilliant header for his goal. Passing seemed fine for first 30 mins then kept giving the ball away carelessly.
Casemiro is the kind of player where people who just watch United for entertainment, but don't really understand fotball, will come with this kind of comment, because they are only watching what is happening with the ball. They are not paying attention to positioning or areas closed off by the player, when the ball is not near him. The rest of us understand that this is what United has been lacking (McT prime example of somebody not knowing how to do this) in our defensive midfield for sooooooo long. Even with Varane out, our defense will keep looking solid because of this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great header, but I didn’t expect him to do a Dan James with the big equaliser celebration, when we should have been getting the game restarted to go for a winner!

TheReligion

Abusive
Great header, but I didn’t expect him to do a Dan James with the big equaliser celebration, when we should have been getting the game restarted to go for a winner!
I actually think you’re trolling a bit. Both here and in the thread in the general.

Give it a rest eh?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
But @Replenish said he's shit though, and apparently he's never wrong about a signing? I'm so confused :confused:

Edit: I think he's banned, pity! Where's @Yagami ? He was another one wasn't he?
That’s a shame that they are banned. It would be glorious to see the mental gymnastics they would employ to try to salvage their opinion.

diawl_coch

Casemiro is the kind of player where people who just watch United for entertainment, but don't really understand fotball, will come with this kind of comment, because they are only watching what is happening with the ball. They are not paying attention to positioning or areas closed off by the player, when the ball is not near him. The rest of us understand that this is what United has been lacking (McT prime example of somebody not knowing how to do this) in our defensive midfield for sooooooo long. Even with Varane out, our defense will keep looking solid because of this.
Well written.
Agree

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The entire team was at fault there but who's going to tell big cas about winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.