g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

MadMike

Him + Amrabat in midfield should offer some stability. Amrabat likes to sit back and dictate tempo while Casemiro is more efficient upfield nowadays and a major source of goals. No need for McTominay who offers nothing in terms of passing.

It’s a shame he seems to have lost some of his legs, compared to last year, and gets bypassed easily in the press though. Amrabat and last year’s Casemiro would have been a great pairing.

poleglass red

Him + Amrabat in midfield should offer some stability. Amrabat likes to sit back and dictate tempo while Casemiro is more efficient upfield nowadays and a major source of goals. No need for McTominay who offers nothing in terms of passing.

It’s a shame he seems to have lost some of his legs, compared to last year, and gets bypassed easily in the press though. Amrabat and last year’s Casemiro would have been a great pairing.
in fairness, he lost them last year down the home stretch when he was poor. I think we tend to extend the spell when he was playing very well, longer than it actually was. I thought he was just tired after his first season in the PL, but worryingly it's carried onto this season as well.

Bobski

Have to say, the last couple of games have made it a lot more understandable why he has been so aggressive with his passing options. The dubious 4-1-4-1 shape forces the DM to play direct having so few short progressive options. Cas has especially targeted the space in the wide areas with those whipped balls over the top.

I expected better from Ten Hag than an evolved kick and rush.

OrcaFat

in fairness, he lost them last year down the home stretch when he was poor. I think we tend to extend the spell when he was playing very well, longer than it actually was. I thought he was just tired after his first season in the PL, but worryingly it's carried onto this season as well.
The older you get, the harder (and smarter) you have to work to stay in peak condition. Some players can adapt to that but some find it difficult. Natural body shape comes into it, of course. I was hoping Amrabat competing for his place could focus Casemiro’s mind and get him back to what he was. Time will tell, I suppose, but it will only work if Amrabat can sustain the required level.

Irwin99

Have to say, the last couple of games have made it a lot more understandable why he has been so aggressive with his passing options. The dubious 4-1-4-1 shape forces the DM to play direct having so few short progressive options. Cas has especially targeted the space in the wide areas with those whipped balls over the top.

I expected better from Ten Hag than an evolved kick and rush.
If one of my enduring memories of Ole's managerial time here was the Lindelof pass over the top to Rashford to chase, I think Casemiro doing the same thing will be one of my memories of EtH's football. He does play that pass a fair bit because that's how we like to attack in transition.

OrcaFat

I can’t wait to see him back in the team. His form was a bit ragged but we need his character and experience in this tough period.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fortunately he’s a player that hits the ground running and doesn’t take a few games to get into his stride.

Marwood

I can’t wait to see him back in the team. His form was a bit ragged but we need his character and experience in this tough period.
Yeah good or bad you can't say he's not a big focal point on the pitch.

Amrabat was largely bypassed against City by his own team for some reason. Doesn't happen with Casemiro. Always in the thick of it.

Surprised if he makes it tonight but wasn't fit enough for the bench at weekend. If he is stick Amrabat next to him and lets have two physical CM's on the pitch. Not an ideal combo but we need to get back to basics.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Would be nice to get a few red cards like last season.
Can't believe this guy can't keep the ball for more than 2 seconds.

KeanoMagicHat

Hard to really judge players when every single one is terrible and tactics are awful. He hasn’t been good but exposed. Would be hopeful under a new manager.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We won't be that lucky
Eh, wouldn't put it like that. People thinking this is purely or even mainly an issue because of the players have the shortest memories. There's a toxic atmosphere throughout the club and I don't care who it is. Take Rodri, Haaland, De Bruyne, Salah into our team. I guarantee you we will still play like shit. An elite manager can cover up for a lot of it for sure. And I'm not sure Ten Hag is that, he's clearly lost the belief of the players but even aside from that, the manager can only do so much.

Our best plan is genuinely to sell anyone above 27 basically for the best money we can, fix our accounts, clear whatever debts we can and then when Ratcliffe comes in and implements a new structure, hope that this structure is actually a good one, and that we hire a manager who can get the right system in and then we have a healthy financial situation to actually build the team slowly for the new guy. But the whole "we'd be lucky for Saudi to take Casemiro" is just missing the point, even if it would be the smart thing from us as a club. I have no doubt that Casemiro can be a top player still. Absolutely 0 doubt. But it's just we're so fecked as a club that it doesn't matter what world class player you put in here, they will turn shit before long and it won't be their fault IMO.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If he's not getting injured, he's getting sent off. If he's not getting sent off, he's treating the ball like how Jack treated Vera. What a signing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Eh, wouldn't put it like that. People thinking this is purely or even mainly an issue because of the players have the shortest memories. There's a toxic atmosphere throughout the club and I don't care who it is. Take Rodri, Haaland, De Bruyne, Salah into our team. I guarantee you we will still play like shit. An elite manager can cover up for a lot of it for sure. And I'm not sure Ten Hag is that, he's clearly lost the belief of the players but even aside from that, the manager can only do so much.

Our best plan is genuinely to sell anyone above 27 basically for the best money we can, fix our accounts, clear whatever debts we can and then when Ratcliffe comes in and implements a new structure, hope that this structure is actually a good one, and that we hire a manager who can get the right system in and then we have a healthy financial situation to actually build the team slowly for the new guy. But the whole "we'd be lucky for Saudi to take Casemiro" is just missing the point, even if it would be the smart thing from us as a club. I have no doubt that Casemiro can be a top player still. Absolutely 0 doubt. But it's just we're so fecked as a club that it doesn't matter what world class player you put in here, they will turn shit before long and it won't be their fault IMO.
There you said it. He was a badly thought out short sighted signing, I hope we can sell him to buy a player with some future use. Casemiro is only going to get worse.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There you said it. He was a badly thought out short sighted signing, I hope we can sell him to buy a player with some future use. Casemiro is only going to get worse.
He is, but I genuinely believe that if you put him in a competent club then Casemiro would still be seen as a top player. United as a club is poison and this is not the level that these players are actually at. The reason why selling anyone over 27 is what we should do is because they are just losing value here, and it will take multiple years to set this right. So may as well get what money we can to at least fix the books in advance.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
For me it's quite obvious he is fecking around on the pitch more than he's lost the quality with age. He is basically playing like some striker would play if you told him to play defensive midfielder.

I think his performances are definitey fixable, but obviously Ten Hag isn't capable getting anything out of anyone. But he needs to be asked to play it simple all the time for a start.

Gaidal

In an ocean of bad transfers, he is one of the worst. So much money for a guy that could run for 6 months and then just became absolute shit

Kostov

70m euros for 20 good games is shockingly bad return. When on his game he is an absolute beast and a fast fan favorite but you'd think football scouts and pro analyst would recognize a declining profile of player. Guess what? At United they obviously don't.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's not fit.

He's poorer and poorer.

He needs to reflect about his performances because this season he's been poor.

If an offer from Saudi comes, I would sell him directly in Jan.

Then we would of course replace him with Mc To

Romez

By FAR Ten Hag's worst signing.

I don't care how good he was for a few months, spending 60m on a 31 year old who already looks like he needs replacing is atrocious.

Some (stupid) people laughed at Arsenal for buying Rice for 100m but that is a much more sensible buy.

Gordon Godot

I don't care how good he was for a few months, spending 60m on a 31 year old who already looks like he needs replacing is atrocious.

Some (stupid) people laughed at Arsenal for buying Rice for 100m but that is a much more sensible buy.
Agree, recently there were still people trying to claim Rice is poor and Cas somehow a good signing. He was another absolute shocker, wasted money when we should have been getting Rice or McAllister.

Roboc7

It was a desperate and indulgent signing, and signalled nothing had changed at the club in terms of recruitment.

Josh 76

Still think Antony was worse.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What has happened to him? The number of crap lobbed passes he plays is astonishing.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Earlier the club used to get these past it stars - Falcao, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger, Zlatan, Cavani etc. - on loan or for a low fee or for free. So, they stayed, got their pay days, made whatever little impact and moved on in a year or two without causing too much damage. But this time the club outdid itself and paid 60m rising to 70m for a defensive midfield in the twilight of his career. It showed we learned nothing from the Matic signing who also suffered a steep decline after his initial season, and he was younger when we bought him.

There should be case studies made on our horrific recruitment these last 11 years. It should serve as a handbook on what not to do to every club world over.

flameinthesun

Earlier the club used to get these past it stars - Falcao, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger, Zlatan, Cavani etc. - on loan or for a low fee or for free. So, they stayed, got their pay days, made whatever little impact and moved on in a year or two without causing too much damage. But this time the club outdid itself and paid 60m rising to 70m for a defensive midfield in the twilight of his career. It showed we learned nothing from the Matic signing who also suffered a steep decline after his initial season, and he was younger when we bought him.

There should be case studies made on our horrific recruitment these last 11 years. It should serve as a handbook on what not to do to every club world over.
I think its just another symptom of our dysfunction as a club. We wanted De Jong, ended up getting Casemiro, a completely different profile of player. Some will say maybe we wanted both which I doubt based on how much both would have cost.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How did Madrid keep him and Varane fit enough to actually win any of those champions leagues? They’re both made of fecking shortbread

sugar_kane

What has happened to him? The number of crap lobbed passes he plays is astonishing.
This fecks me off so much... strolling around and playing casual chips (as though he even has that in his locker) like he's playing in a testimonial, and giving the ball back to the opposition.

From very early on he's struck me as a player who feels like we should be grateful for his presence. He seemed to have a bit of drive early on but has the look of a player who has ticked PL football off his bucket list now and is ready to take his pension in Saudi.