View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

SlothIsLove

His mistake led to goal, again. He seems to be very sloppy and irresponsible with the ball. Needs to be benched

Gibb11

interesting how gave no emotion to mctominay straight after the final whistle, gave a tap and moved on, not sure if its personal but he was clearly pissed off after coming off

Bobski

Drop him, can't do the basic of his job at the moment, which is track runs and be a defensive force. If he can get his fitness up then he can come back in but Utd need to get bask to basics for a while.

MattofManchester

We had three No. 10s on the pitch looked better than when he was on it. He is a DM that is never in the right position.

He has become a huge liability. Time to be benched. Maybe permanently if he keeps this up.

Jev

He looked depressed at full time. No smile and the smallest of pats on McTominay's shoulder.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Garbage again. Was hoping having Amrabat next to him would make his life easier. Maybe still will in terms of off the ball work. But pathetic on their goal and he's got to cut those out. Was also pressing and abandoning his position constantly. System, or individual choice? Hard to say.

criticalanalysis

interesting how gave no emotion to mctominay straight after the final whistle, gave a tap and moved on, not sure if its personal but he was clearly pissed off after coming off
He looked depressed at full time. No smile and the smallest of pats on McTominay's shoulder.
Don't see that as a bad thing. He knows he's been shite and is probably taking it very personally; it's how he reacts it from here.

He has to take accountability for his own performances but ETH's tactics and personnel choice is not making it easy for anyone to play their best to be fair.

Glorio

His mistake led to goal, again. He seems to be very sloppy and irresponsible with the ball. Needs to be benched
We were more careful on the ball and recycled possession more when he went off, was he this careless at Madrid?

Having him, Rashford, and Bruno as our biggest players is a conundrum. They can be magical at times on the ball, but are also quite careless a good few times. I reckon Casemiro, apart from being our highest scorer, is probably one of the most culpable for the goals we've conceded this season.
Didn't track the extra runner against Gala for their second goal, got unfortunately sold a red (but shouldn't have bought it with his experience really), and then lazily gives the ball away from nothing today, resulting in a goal.
The fact he was benched sends a message that no one is untouchable. That for me is a step in the right direction.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We were more careful on the ball and recycled possession more when he went off, was he this careless at Madrid?

Having him, Rashford, and Bruno as our biggest players is a conundrum. They can be magical at times on the ball, but are also quite careless a good few times. I reckon Casemiro, apart from being our highest scorer, is probably one of the most culpable for the goals we've conceded this season.
Didn't track the extra runner against Gala for their second goal, got unfortunately sold a red (but shouldn't have bought it with his experience really), and then lazily gives the ball away from nothing today, resulting in a goal.
The fact he was benched sends a message that no one is untouchable. That for me is a step in the right direction.
He somehow thinks he’s a 10 now when playing for us and is trying actively to overdo things when all we need from him is to keep things simple and just don’t feck up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Saudi in January for a good fee would be the best move for everyone.

next_number_seven

I think he'll be dropped and we'll try to get a decent fee for him from Saudi

Abraxas

Really disapointing and worrying at the moment.

The lack of physicality is a concern, but not altogether unexpected at his age.

What I'm really annoyed about is that he is not playing to his limitations. Keeps trying these ridiculous Scholes like long passes when that's not his game. What he should be doing is keeping it simple, and protecting the defence. I think they are jobs A and B for Casemiro at this stage, especially in our current predicament. Not to play the hero and give the ball away exposing his own aging body and an unrecognisable backline.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Casemiro hasn't suddenly become a bad player. The truth is Ten Hag's approach exposes all of his weaknesses. At a lower, slower level Casemiro could be an #8. He just can't keep up with the pace of the Premier League to be effective box to box. He's getting caught behind the play constantly, and having no legs beside him isn't helping.

hobbers

Now all ETH has to do is finally learn the lesson and keep him out of the side so he cant keep doing so much fecking damage.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's not been doing his job properly this season and it's played a big part in us looking terrible.

philippexyz

Time is up for him, unfortunately. Saudi Arabia is (probably)calling, and he should answer.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Played like he'd been on the piss in the few hours before the game. Not for the first time.

He's still perfectly capable of looking rock solid as well though, I'd lean towards a loss of form (as with most of our other most important players) rather than him being finished for now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Worrying signs, much earlier than anyone would have thought.
The whole team being way off kilter is his saving grace at the moment though.

RedOrange

I wouldn't read too much into that. He's probably upset with himself.

He's likely lost his starting spot in midfield to Amrabat, though.

binary bot
His effort is there but his decision making is testimonial-esque. He plays like he’s finally been let off a leash he’s been on for years.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wonder if the majority still class him as a good signing?

I think he's been rubbish from the get go, but I'll be extremely generous and say he had a decent season last year. Is one decent season good enough for over £60m?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't care so much about giving the ball away , that can happen. But then regroup and don't go diving in like an idiot.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His worst performance this season. Looked much sharper in midweek. Maybe that's the problem, that he's started every game and can't handle it anymore.

CloneMC16

It's time to learn Arabic. Shocking all season.

Signing him was looking too much at the short term.

TheRedHearted

My biggest disappointment of this season. Genuinely gutted at how bad he looks.
He always has a slow start to a season but everyone knows he needs to be benched. He needs to rest, reset, everyone can see this.
Worrying signs, much earlier than anyone would have thought.
The whole team being way off kilter is his saving grace at the moment though.
The whole team is off yes, it’s too early to claim he’s finished. Instead the last thing he needs is to play through the patch.

Superunknown

He always has a slow start to a season but everyone knows he needs to be benched. He needs to rest, reset, everyone can see this.

The whole team is off yes, it’s too early to claim he’s finished. Instead the last thing he needs is to play through the patch.
I'm so, soooo tired hearing about the 'he always starts off slow' thing that seems to get thrown about. We're 8 league games in to the season. That's almost a quarter through. At what point do we stop saying he needs more time and just start saying that it's a bad season?

NoPace

Saudi in January for a good fee would be the best move for everyone.
Makes sense, really. We're not going anywhere with the current setup, so might as well get younger where we're glaringly short (a box to box midfielder,- someone in their mid 20s since we have some youth there - a striker to replace Martial, a new RCB to succeed Varane).

I really hope we don't buy a bunch of guys in their late 20s this summer to try to patch things up. We're miles away from being really good.