g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Casemiro image 18

Casemiro Brazil flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Baneofthegame

Is he purposely being used as a box to box midfielder? Because that is what he seems to be currently, which exposes all his flaws.

Dannn411

We should never ever sign anyone of these old timers from big clubs ever again. It always ends badly. It is time for us to get whatever we can still get for him. I would shop him to Saudi in January and see what sticks.

Idxomer

Need to note that predictably playing him as an advanced midfielder didn't work. He lacks the quick-footedness needed for the position.

RuudTom83

Casemiro has a brain, he is not a puppet...if he can't cover the pitch then be selective and prioritise one over the other.

Personally I think he has lost a yard over the summer, but he would rather do the attacking side of the game, instead of the ugly side of tracking back and defending.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I wonder if the majority still class him as a good signing?

I think he's been rubbish from the get go, but I'll be extremely generous and say he had a decent season last year. Is one decent season good enough for over £60m?
I'm kind of with you. Never liked his defensive play last season. He was very good offensively, something I didn't expect at all. Helped us secure the 4th and overall, a good signing but absolutely not what we need if we want to control games, keep the ball and play like a modern football team.

His lack of discipline is astounding. Basically does whatever he wants and I refuse to believe it's ETH's instructions to play as an attacking defensive midfielder/striker.

kidbob

We should never ever sign anyone of these old timers from big clubs ever again. It always ends badly. It is time for us to get whatever we can still get for him. I would shop him to Saudi in January and see what sticks.
Yeah this is where I’m at. This needs to be a final lesson to the club to stop signing this profile of player. It’s fine if you’re City and just looking for a rotation option but not as a first choice player. I’d keep him until summer and hopefully Saudi will offer big money.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I’d be glad to see the back of him and Varane in December. Hope the saudis still have the line of credit from their wealth fund. Ronaldo can have his mates back.

RedOrange

Fecking shite. Turning out to be a big mistake this one.
Well we probably wouldn't have gotten top 4 without him last season. Luckily he's exactly the profile of player that the Saudis will give us a good fee for, if he's willing to go. We could recoup 30-40 million for him, maybe more.

hobbers

£70m for about 6 months of decent form and a cup.

Opportunity cost of not signing about half a dozen better younger fitter options, enormous.

ThatGreyKit

I think he's been rubbish from the get go, but I'll be extremely generous and say he had a decent season last year. Is one decent season good enough for over £60m?
I'd rather one good season and a potential sell on to Saudi over getting Arthur who you thought would be a good signing instead.

HookedOnAPhelan

Well we probably wouldn't have gotten top 4 without him last season. Luckily he's exactly the profile of player that the Saudis will give us a good fee for, if he's willing to go. We could recoup 30-40 million for him, maybe more.
True, but unfortunately we gave him a 4 year contract.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I was against it from the start, I thought the drop off was inevitable. He had a decent 4-5 months mid last season but he‘s been a liability outside of it. People were far too quick to say what a great signing he was 1 year into a 4 year £300k+ a week contract.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'd rather one good season and a potential sell on to Saudi over getting Arthur who you thought would be a good signing instead.
I still think that. Especially as he would've been a loan and not £70m.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I don't think I've seen a CM look so poor for us for an extended period like he does. Ridiculous turnovers of possession, never in position to intercept and does not track runners.

Just what does he think he is doing out there?

hobbers

I don't think I've seen a CM look so poor for us for an extended period like he does. Ridiculous turnovers of possession, never in position to intercept and does not track runners.

Just what does he think he is doing out there?
Reminds me of how Neville described David Luiz defending during his worst years. Like an idiot on Fifa mashing the slide tackle button.

No interest in tracking anyone who runs past him. So long as he puts in a 10 yard slide and misses the ball by a mile he thinks he's done his job.

RedC

He kind of feels like that lad from your local sunday team that has dropped from the first team down to the third team because he's older, and now just sort of does what he wants, because he thinks he's better than everyone.

TheRedHearted

I'm so, soooo tired hearing about the 'he always starts off slow' thing that seems to get thrown about. We're 8 league games in to the season. That's almost a quarter through. At what point do we stop saying he needs more time and just start saying that it's a bad season?
He’s been off it the whole time though. It’s been poor management. He shouldn’t be playing this much, at all. Additionally the whole time has either been extremely poor or mediocre this season. Hard to be convincing in midfield when Bruno has stunk it up and Mount as well till recently. If we were ticking and he was the missing link your argument would hold up. He should be asked to step off international duty and he should be rested. End of story, if after that doesn’t work out yeah, sell him to Saudi in January for all I care. As long as we buy a replacement

Beckham77

His best performances for us have been away from home on tight pitches. He doesn't have the legs anymore which is clear.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's been terrible this season.

Can't complete simple passes to save his life.

SER19

Fecking shite. Turning out to be a big mistake this one.
We simply wouldbt be in the champions league this season without having signed him, so if hes even a mistake its not a big one. He's been good in games this season too, just absolutely terrible in quite a few - so he may well normalise and return to being a solid player who plays a bit less now amrabat is in squad to offer more rest

Walters_19_MuFc

Kroos and Modric masked his limited passing ability. Don't get me wrong, he can spot a pass from time to time, but he's not a consistent accurate passer. Unfortunately, we haven't got Kroos and Modric, although it's clear he's much better when Eriksen is in our midfield.

arthurka

He should be ashamed by his showing hope he and Rashford get placed on the bench ASAP.

sugar_kane

Didn’t see the game, was he busting out those stupid casual dinks like he’s playing with mates down the park again?

Kostov

A year back and some on here suggested it's absolute lunacy to pay the amount we did for Casemiro, half a season where he looked exactly what we need and another 8 months where he looks like a past his prime and too many medals on his chest player, turns out people were right to be pessimistic. He will only get worse imo, but we can always play Mount there can we?

Roboc7

Don’t know how he can be viewed as a good signing, been rubbish for a long time now and we desperately need to sell him as soon as possible. Can’t be far away from getting dropped now.

Gordon S

I am so sick and tired of us buying big names with great cvs in the backpack. Was it 100m for Varane and Casemiro? We`re the fecking euromillions of football clubs. Want someone to pick up the trash and fund your rebuild? Say no more, Manchester United to the rescue. These 2 plus Eriksen are ready here and now for the next stage of early retirement, MLS or Saudi league.
Casemiro doesn`t really fit in anywhere for us no more.

Shady

Needs to be benched and wouldn't mind him leaving in January.

Scottynaldinho

Yes he was subbed for being sub par and for his mistake in the first half. Plenty of great players have been subbed off at half time.

Stop bashing the player. Shit happens. We're really seeing the worst of this forum these days. Some absolute cretins.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The consistent theme of Casemiro since the second half of last season is that his desire is greater than his athleticism. In other words he's too old. If only there was some way to tell how old players are before you buy them then this problem could have been avoided. Sadly science has not advanced to that point so its just bad luck.

Fahad Jawaid

He has been a turnover machine this season, plus he is always 2 steps behind the play, there are always few occasions in the match, where he feels he has a lot of time and is pick pocketed from behind, or when he gives it away, he tries to lung in and is nowhere near the ball and is taken out of the game, that should never be the case, specially with your defensive midfielder, as he is the shield to your defense, whereas he is the best number 9 for other sides, continuously gives it away and then lunges it, leaving space and time for other team to run at our weak defense (depleted by injuries).

Hopefully him and Varane goes to Saudi League and give us a good fee. Varane is still performing well, but is a sicknote which can't play two matches on a bounce, we can't continue with a handicap like this.

RedorDead21

Would be helped if we had a great partner for him which we don’t so his drop in form is plainly in view. Pretty much the same for everyone though as we only have a striker showing a sudden uplift in quality. He wasn’t walking into city’s team. Was only ever going to be a consistent struggle for him here and it won’t get any easier. I still think the fact he came here says a lot about him but yeah…

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I believe he is asked to do what he doesn't know how to do

Teja

Yeah he's done. We got like half a good season out of him, hope that was worth the 70M+. I really hope he joins Ronaldo in Saudi now.

city-puma

£70m for about 6 months of decent form and a cup.

Opportunity cost of not signing about half a dozen better younger fitter options, enormous.
Is this the real figure paid? Well, it’s aligned with almost every transfer we did under the current DOF, except Malacia.

city-puma

He was used in a way not the best to his game. Until we have alternatives to select for the required role, he will be scapegoated.

Trequarista10

He's starting every game, two games most weeks. He can't do it. He needs to start once a week maximum throughout the season. Consider playing him twice a week sparingly when there are crucial back to back games. I won't write him as over the hill unless it's clear he can't handle playing once a week.

Older players simply need more rest.