Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Madrid recouping £60m and replacing him with Tchouameni and Camavinga is how we should really be run.

Was fantastic last season, but it's crazy how slow and out of sorts he has looked this season. Big decision needs to be made in the summer.
Real is run by smart people they didn't even suffer to much when Ronaldo or Benzema left, nevermind Casemiro.
We on the other hand...

GueRed

He was great last season.
This season he has been absolute dogshit.

We really need to stop bringing in players on their last legs.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Let's not go overboard about how good was last season. He had a decent spell October to March but he's been poor outside that.

united for life

i hope he leaves this summer. What worries me, beside his poor form, is the huge paycheck. It’s a position we still need to strengthen and his good days are clearly behind him

lex talionis

Let's not go overboard about how good was last season. He had a decent spell October to March but he's been poor outside that.
Casemiro was more than decent last season, but what's relevant now is his precipitous decline. It's a genuine concern and not merely a bout of poor form.

Cathy Ferguson

Even after a poor performance he's not even close to that.

We have CBs who cant stay fit, only Maguire has played well and despite Casemiro having some performances like today he's still our best CM other than Mainoo. So we have Eriksen and McTominay to deal with before we even think about losing one of our 2 best CMs
His legs are gone and he can't stay fit. His passing is getting more sloppy, what is there to like?

Ekeke

His legs are gone and he can't stay fit. His passing is getting more sloppy, what is there to like?
Still our best long passer from deep which is needed for counter attacking and thats all we're good at. Still wins the ball more than any other player at the club

The problem is that while you arent wrong, despite that we have several other midfielders who are worse and need to leave before him

OverratedOpinion

Still our best long passer from deep which is needed for counter attacking
Is this a particularly outstanding skillset he has or are our midfield options just horrendous at it?

We are clearly lacking a midfielder who can set the tempo with high level passing ability. The fact is that the players who play "number 8" and "number 6" for us there is only one player who is worth keeping and that is Mainoo. Picking a couple of specific aspects of play and saying Casemiro is the best of a bad bunch at them is not enough.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Matic 2.0, question is how we will phase him out.
The sad thing is that he seems to have deteriorated even worse than Matic.

Both of them had very similar first seasons where they were good for half of it and poor for the other half. In all the following seasons Matic was poor most of the time, but each season he generally had a two month period where he was still good. Casemiro doesn't even seem to be having that.

In fairness, this midfield setup is horrendous. Matic would have looked half-dead in it too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The only way this was going to work with Casemiro is if we got him someone with legs in midfield + set up the team to avoid making him run too much. He's still ok at screening the defence but he is being pulled all over the pitch due to our lack of shape/tactics. Basically what we did is the exact opposite what we had to to.

It's not like we didn't see it coming second half of the season.
And it boggles the mind that a professional outfit has been so oblivious to something so elementary that it is hardcoded into computers games and simulations.

Sheer incompetence to have him run around all-action during an age when physical decline in such roles is underway.

Dominos

Being around 30 doesn't explain such a drop off in performances.
People have a very skewed perception of how long most players are at their peak, just because some players are still elite doesn't mean that's the norm.

Players who are still genuinely in their prime playing at their peak level well into their 30s are still the exception I think.

Players who are considered to have great longevity tend to get credit for being good considering how old they are, rather than actually still being genuinely elite. Or you have players who were the best in the world at their peak but drop down to just being "good" or "decent" players in their 30s.

A combative midfielder who needs to win the ball and track runners seriously declining at 32 years of age should not be a shock to anyone. It was a short-sighted signing. Matic was even younger when he fell off a cliff. You can't just assume these players will be in their prime until they're 35.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People have a very skewed perception of how long most players are at their peak, just because some players are still elite doesn't mean that's the norm.

Players who are still genuinely in their prime playing at their peak level well into their 30s are still the exception I think.

Players who are considered to have great longevity tend to get credit for being good considering how old they are, rather than actually still being genuinely elite. Or you have players who were the best in the world at their peak but drop down to just being "good" or "decent" players in their 30s.

A combative midfielder who needs to win the ball and track runners seriously declining at 32 years of age should not be a shock to anyone. It was a short-sighted signing. Matic was even younger when he fell off a cliff. You can't just assume these players will be in their prime until they're 35.
I'm questioning the level of decline being solely down to that. Every aspect of his game has been so much worse this season.
I don't think that's explained by a physical decline due to age.

The United

I think people are forgetting about how Carlos thought Cas was becoming a bit too relaxed in Madrid.

We can talk about if he peaked or how good he was last season for us and why not this season, etc. If you understand why Carolos sold him to us, then the answer is pretty clear at this point and why we need to stop signing these types of players from successful teams.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think people are forgetting about how Carlos thought Cas was becoming a bit too relaxed in Madrid.

We can talk about if he peaked or how good he was last season for us and why not this season, etc. If you understand why Carolos sold him to us, then the answer is pretty clear at this point and why we need to stop signing these types of players from successful teams.
Madrid had no say in the matter as it was Casemiro who wanted to leave and not the other way round. United should have been more attentive I agree with. His league form was way off but he was still playing well in the CL. His decline hasn't come as a surprise.

The United

Madrid had no say in the matter as it was Casemiro who wanted to leave and not the other way round. United should have been more attentive I agree with. His league form was way off but he was still playing well in the CL. His decline hasn't come as a surprise.
You do know that Madrid usually sells players only when they want to sell? In other words, when they think they have better players to take over the one that they are letting leave. This is basically the case with Case as well.

tomaldinho1

You do know that Madrid usually sells players only when they want to sell? In other words, when they think they have better players to take over the one that they are letting leave. This is basically the case with Case as well.
In this case they weren’t prepared to guarantee him game time I think. Let’s be real, he wasn’t leaving to ‘try the PL’ or anything like that, it was because younger guys were coming into the team in his position and he knew he would start to lose minutes. At his age you then get big money and a 4/5 year deal dangled infront of you and it’s an easy decision.

He was really good last year overall but we ran him into the ground.

Abraxas

A huge waste of money. A professional recruitment department doesn't fall for Madrid selling an old man at the end of his career. It's just negligence. Doesn't matter what fans think or thought, they are supposed to be professional people and to do something that backfires this badly within less than a year when it was foreseeable is poor. This isn't reversible or unlucky, this is buying an old player that plays like an old player within 1 year.

We don't help matters playing a completely open game and midfield. It's not like he's working in a solid structure. We're asking him to be the structure. Maybe he could 5 years ago but not now. The only way he can play PL football is in a decent side with a 3 man central midfield that has other solid players with legs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I actually rather he was injured just so ten hag doesn't start him tomorrow. After seeing that Brentford performance I don't think he cares anymore. It's sad because he was a warrior as a player, weve just caught a tail end. He nosedived within a season.

The_Midfielder

If we play compact, he is still useful..
If we play like we do now with big holes, he will be useless

El Jefe

The way we’ve used him from the very beginning has been irresponsible but on the ball and off the ball.

We’ve put him in a position that pretty much exposes all of his flaws. He’s still class and shows bits of technique, passing or tackles/ interceptions that he did at his peak but he’s barely able to have a stable 90min performance nowadays.

always_hoping

I actually rather he was injured just so ten hag doesn't start him tomorrow. After seeing that Brentford performance I don't think he cares anymore. It's sad because he was a warrior as a player, weve just caught a tail end. He nosedived within a season.
Out injured means McTominay starting instead in midfield which is worse than a non caring Casemiro.

FootballAI

He wasn't great but I don't think he is that bad. Most players' performance have been regressing this season and his is no less than the others. It is probably comes down to the manager's tactic of leaving large space between him and the forward lines, or him having to play with several players who can't keep the balls and help with the defence.

Reactions: Jippy

led_scholes

1/10

Dont know what is more pathetic. His performances and the his gone legs, or that ETH doesn't take him out.

marktan

Bit sad watching him being so slow. Was one of my favourite players to watch for Madrid

Gordon S

Just shocking, hard to find the words.
Erik is an idiot for playing him

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes so fecking rubbish. Giving the ball away constantly, rash clearances, and slow as feck

Malone_Post

An absolute clown. Clearly doesn’t give a feck. Strolls around the pitch, laughing and joking and picks up £350k a week for the privilege.

The fan club he has on here is bizzare.