Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It’s not exactly hindsight when it’s being called before it happens. It’s literally the opposite of hindsight.
No one thought he would decline to the level he has, his legs may have gone but he's also gone brainless

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
If you try to convert a guy who has played defensive midfield his entire career into some kind of attacking force with play making ability combined at the tender age of 32, then it's not a surprise to see him fail miserably.

sugar_kane

No one thought he would decline to the level he has, his legs may have gone but he's also gone brainless
I’m not saying it was entirely predictable, but we had an incredibly similar precedent in Schweinsteiger.

Same level of quality at their peak, signed around the same age, hugely successful, coming from a top club. Turned out to be dog shit.

The only difference is Casemiro cost a lot more, and gave us a few months of actually decent performances.

It’s fairly easy to predict though that top clubs generally don’t sell top players unless they’re on the decline.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit sad watching him these days, PL is just far too much for his body and seemingly his mind. I knew we wouldn't get many seasons out of him, but christ really just disappointing how this has gone to shit so quickly.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
How bad we have to play before the fans started booing?

The players are simply taking the piss at this point
Yeps
We're in the Ragnick spiral now. Very possible to finish 8/9th.
Some players don't look like they give any fecks, ETH lost Rashford and Casemiro a while ago.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think we made a blunder signing him. One more season and same mistake, we say lesson learnt and then we do the same mistake.

Unless it's for lower fee, we should never sign a player who is close to 30. He is so shit, by far the worst player on the pitch every game.

I was so excited when we signed him but we got scammed, or we are so shit at assessing the overall package.

Mindhunter

I think we made a blunder signing him. One more season and same mistake, we say lesson learnt and then we do the same mistake.

Unless it's for lower fee, we should never sign a player who is close to 30. He is so shit, by far the worst player on the pitch every game.

I was so excited when we signed him but we got scammed, or we are so shit at assessing the overall package.
Agreed. Many people called it out that spending so high an amount of somebody touching 30 especially when Real wants rid was not the best bit of business. It was all part of the “we can do things in the transfer market that others can dream of” school of thinking.

We should have spent the money on an upcoming talent instead. These type of transfers never work. The only one in living memory that worked was RVP.

didz

He's nowhere near the ball when he tries this tackle...
He's been doing exactly that 4/5 times a game for weeks now. If everyone was as eager to go down as Casemiro we'd all be much happier people.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Agreed. Many people called it out that spending so high an amount of somebody touching 30 especially when Real wants rid was not the best bit of business. It was all part of the “we can do things in the transfer market that others can dream of” school of thinking.

We should have spent the money on an upcoming talent instead. These type of transfers never work. The only one in living memory that worked was RVP.
To be fair we’ve signed a lot of young and up and coming players and they’ve been dross as well. Casemiro was decent last season when he was fit enough to play, this season though he’s gave up and knows he’s got the exit in the summer and isn’t trying all that hard at all as he will get another contract elsewhere.
This new structure will help identify players better than what was done before, I think they paid for the DLC on football manager and sorted the players under 21 by potential ability and went down the list.

Rojofiam

Let's hope Saudi want to keep collecting the 3-peat Madrid players and they'll take both Casemiro and Varane off our hands.

Oranges038

He's goosed, legs are clearly gone and he basically looks like he can't be arsed trying anymore.

Should be out the door in the summer.

b20times

If ever there was a player that was only here for the money it's this lad. Totally uninterested, if this was Sunday league you'd say he looked drunk. What a waste of how much, 70m?

Gordon's Hill

If ever there was a player that was only here for the money it's this lad. Totally uninterested, if this was Sunday league you'd say he looked drunk. What a waste of how much, 70m?
Yep, terrible signing from the outset. Played many more matches than age alone suggested, waste of money. Classic short term fix and panic signing. We should never buy a player from RM again.

The Purley King

Cannot start any more games for us.
I’d rather mctom in there at least he can run.
Casemiro is a genuine embarrassment at this point.

Romez

Worst signing under Ten Hag and it's not even close.

We got 2/3 good months out of him that's it.

When you take into account age, price and performances. Atrocious.

ZainCRse7en

Just like how Leicester has rinsed us for Maguire, Real absolutely did a number of us with the sales of Cas and Varane. When will ever learn?

AndyMUFC

Our system completely leaves our midfielders hung out to dry, so as bad as he is looking lately, I'm not convinced that it's as simple as him suddenly having lost his legs.

lost7

I don't even wanna comment on him tbh. Disgrace of a player

Paul778

Our system completely leaves our midfielders hung out to dry, so as bad as he is looking lately, I'm not convinced that it's as simple as him suddenly having lost his legs.
It's both. Neither prime Robson or Keane could do the no6 role in this formation.

However he has stopped trying. I think his legs have gone a little bit but his belief in what ETH is trying to do has gone a lot.

Kostov

How about half the fan base, the same half that was calling for Rice last summer and was being laughed at by the same people that are now shocked of Casemiro’s decline?

Idxomer

After all the undeserved overpraise last season, he won't even end up as one of our top 5 midfielders post-Fergie.

KeanoMagicHat

He hasn't been good this season but we've been just as bad, if not worse without him. The way Ten Hag sets up the midfielders is shocking, and has been the case with about 6 or 7 different configurations of players.

RuudTom83

Another case of the player having to take the brunt of the criticism for things largely out of his control.

Like Antony the hugely inflated transfer fee makes Casemiro's performance on the pitch harder to accept.

Then the system he is asked to play in, is not one which he is comfortable doing at this stage of his career.

Perfect example of the wrong player at the wrong time. Yet United have him as a top earner on a 5 year contract haha. Classic.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
How about half the fan base, the same half that was calling for Rice last summer and was being laughed at by the same people that are now shocked of Casemiro’s decline?
Guess I'm being laughed at because I wanted him

Marwood

System or not, he's clearly struggling with running. Which is a problem for a CM.

But I think ETH has given up on him being a 6 anyway. He's so high up the pitch at times. Against Bournemouth he was at times ahead of Bruno and it's deliberate. It's a tactic. A very odd one.

Casemiro and his manager should be doing everything they can to make sure he's never the wrong side of play because once he is he may as well be off the pitch.

Kostov

Guess I'm being laughed at because I wanted him
I personally liked him last season and feel we needed him in this team, but the shortsightedness of the whole idea and the amount of money it did cost was a problem for any half reasonable fan of the club. He was maybe a decent stop gap fir us to build on, but buying Casemiro for a huge fee and than go on the next summer and splash the big fee for Mount was an absolute brain dead planing.

city-puma

I think we have high chance this time that we actually learn. The circle did those have been let go. The new structure won’t do it again.
But still, I don’t think there is anyone out there can be put into this system and do well.

Malone_Post

Plenty of people did though. And they were shouted down for pointing it out at the time. We’ve seen it over and over at United the last decade. RVP, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Sanchez…once the legs go you can’t get away with it in the PL.

Marwood

Plenty of people did though. And they were shouted down for pointing it out at the time. We’ve seen it over and over at United the last decade. RVP, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Sanchez…once the legs go you can’t get away with it in the PL.
Yeah fans still underestimate the impact legs going has on a player. If that speed and agility goes it can cut a player in half.

I watched Rooney struggle at reserve level once it happened to him.

Roboc7

Said it before even Woodward wouldn’t have signed off on this transfer, when it went through with Arnold and Murtough in charge they let everyone know they were completely out of their depth.

As soon as you signed him you had to start thinking about replacing him, but we never had the money or competence to do that. Initially I thought we’d be able to sell him to Saudi Arabia but given their spending is going to be toned down and he is useless it feels less and less likely. Could easily be another one subsided on loan for rest of his contract.

Bobski

And yet you still had people seriously suggesting Benzema in the Jan transfer window.

It is not just the legs though, if you are going to sign older players it has be those with something to prove, not guys who have won everything and know Utd will only be a footnote to their career

Baneofthegame

He’s fallen off a cliff, gone through the earth itself and off into the galaxy with how poor he has been.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Until recently, I was naively hoping that he had it in him to have one last swansong before departing in the summer with his head held high. Instead, he's become a huge hindrance to us every time he plays.

If we had someone more capable than Amrabat as our backup DM then we wouldn't see Casemiro in a United shirt again. However, we're probably going to have to put up with a few more of his Soccer Aid performances until the end of the season.

Gordon S

He's nowhere near the ball when he tries this tackle...
He does that shit every game these days. Hilarious really. Like he is pretending to care a bit for the team.
”Oh guys, look how passionate i am throwing myself around!!”
If the new guys in charge targets yet another washed up star i am going to go full Fallin down.