Champions League 2017/18

Cal?

CR7 fan
Need to get past the qualifying round first which is far from a given imo.
It is now. With Dortmund securing 3rd spot and thus Liverpool the seeded side of the League route of the CL 3rd qualifying round, there is little chance of you lot failing to make the group stage.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It is now. With Dortmund securing 3rd spot and thus Liverpool the seeded side of the League route of the CL 3rd qualifying round, there is little chance of you lot failing to make the group stage.
If we get the likes of Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest or AEK Athens it should be, but Sporting Lisbon or CSKA Moscow are very solid teams which could make this a very uncomfortable and nervy affair for us. I'm not counting us in yet by any means.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If we get the likes of Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest or AEK Athens it should be, but Sporting Lisbon or CSKA Moscow are very solid teams which could make this a very uncomfortable and nervy affair for us. I'm not counting us in yet by any means.
You could get Sporting or CSKA and Hoffenheim (even though they seem to have been dismantled by Bayern anyway), and you're right they won't be guarantees.

But it's fair to say you'd start as strong favourites against any of those.

doodle

According to Bert, Liverpool could face any one of 5 teams; CSKA Moscow (if they get through) , Sporting Lisbon, Hoffenheim and 2 others who have yet to come through the qualifiers.
When do Liverpool play the qualifiers?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
For anybody that cares, all Liverpool's prospective opponents for CL qualification have now been identified.

Ten teams have already qualified for the 3rd round of Non-Champions. Of these ten, eight are possible opponents for Liverpool; Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Steaua Bucuresti, Young Boys, OGC Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir, and AEK Athens. These eight along with Sporting Lisbon and 1899 Hoffenheim (who have both already qualified for the 4th round of Non-Champions) round out the 10 possible opponents for our scouse "friends".

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2017.html

Clas Sified

I want two minnows and one big club in our group. Would love to play a big team at least twice in the season while still ensuring qualification into the knockouts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I want two minnows and one big club in our group. Would love to play a big team at least twice in the season while still ensuring qualification into the knockouts.
I'd love a giant, some absolute minnow you've never heard of, and some historically significant team who perhaps aren't what they used to be.

raijko

Roma in pot 4 is quite worrying but I wouldn't mind them in the group to be honest. They have already been weakened by Spaletti leaving, and if Salah or Nainggolan go it would be a big blow for them. They are nothing we can't handle.

It would obviously be great if we could top the group, so the man worry is avoiding the big guns and getting someone like Spartak or Shaktar in pot 1 and definitely avoiding Napoli in pot 3. Watching them most the season, they are just so devastating in attack and hitting on the counter.

bucky

Roma in pot 4 is quite worrying but I wouldn't mind them in the group to be honest. They have already been weakened by Spaletti leaving, and if Salah or Nainggolan go it would be a big blow for them. They are nothing we can't handle.

It would obviously be great if we could top the group, so the man worry is avoiding the big guns and getting someone like Spartak or Shaktar in pot 1 and definitely avoiding Napoli in pot 3. Watching them most the season, they are just so devastating in attack and hitting on the counter.
I'm hoping for Benfica.

raijko

I'm hoping for Benfica.
Yep, them too although I'd prefer Shaktar and Spartak as they pose less of a threat than Benfica. Only issue with the first two is the trips to Ukraine/Russia are draining on the players, and I'm sure the pitches aren't the best either.

Blackwidow

No - they aren't connected... Just half of the Leipzig players have played for Salzburg before and they change players like they want, too...
Interesting will be when they meet - doubt that Salzburg would win who is more the farm team today...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What playoffs - I thought they went straight into Pot 4 ?
Red Bull Salzburg has to start in the second qualifying round so they need to survive three successive rounds in order to make it to the CL.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Red Bull Salzburg has to start in the second qualifying round so they need to survive three successive rounds in order to make it to the CL.
Yeah, i meant that. A very difficult mountain to climb. They have never done it in the past.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
that would be hilarious - even the dippers might not think "this is our year!"
We wouldn't have thought it was our year to win the CL if we got Basel and Roma either. Would love the excitement of 4 games against Bayern and Barca. Got a decent record against the latter. :D

Rafateria

Oh OK thanks - my confusion is easy to understand, I was thinking of RB Leipzig !

AshRK

Any idea which pot we would be in for the draw? Thought we should be in pot 2 but heard the latest coefficient puts us in pot 3 if both sevilla and napoli make it to the group stages.