g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League 2017/18

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Right? Not to go too crazy, but he's got a bit of the Keane-Vidal-Davids midfielder who's totally comfortable on the ball but also eager to break up play thing going on.
He is not really that good at breaking up play. He is really a deep lying playmaker type.

lysglimt

Scout
So Celtic are being absolute twats and refuse Norwegian tv to show the match to prevent streaming. Hopefully there'll be streams!
Shouldn't be allowed. Apparently they were so afraid of fans not showing up if the match was televised so they refused it. Don't clubs like Celtic understand that they are ruining their own club ? Televising as many games as possible is a necessity to keep interest up.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax not fluking their way to success whilst playing a bunch of 12 year olds this year it seems.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I've long thought Favre would be a good choice for next England manager. He's comfortable with a 4-4-2 and his sides defend well. I could see him making England competent in a tournament, back to the usual quarter final defeats since they don't have the talent they did back under Sven.
He probably could do the job well, but at the same time I'm not sure he'd be at his best in that setting.

Favre works on details a lot (he's really pedantic) and some things he focuses on are things English players may not be too familiar with. So in a NT setting there may not be enough time to properly implement his ideas. But despite his perfectionist nature, he has also shown the ability to improvise with what he is given, so who knows?

Don't want to say it can't work out, I just think some aspects of his approach work best when he's a club coach who trains with his players a lot. He could be great for Arsenal, I reckon.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Strangely enough the likes of Schone, Veltman and Viergever have been the worst this match so far.
True, bit of an unfair comment, but it just annoys me that Ajax always goes out in the CL qualifiers in this fashion. Their approach is noble, but naive. PSV owes their recent european succes to a good defense.

Oe 1-1 out of nowhere, that's nice (harhar)

Nice that it's Nouri's close friend Donny van de Beek scoring.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Damn. Cardinale looked like an accident waiting to happen the whole game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax should just keep pumping the ball into the box. Cardinale is bound to fist bump at least a few into his own net.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That Marcel guy wastes a lot of potentially good situations.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Ajax was the much better team in the second half, but that Plea chance in the end... pity.

sokol11

Maribor won 1:0 at home vs FH. Had a kind draws this far and should go to the next round. Sadly lacking in any real quality this last few years.