Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don’t get what happened in the Rangers game. How can you force them to retake the pen if they scored the rebound and the infringement wasn’t on their side!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If people are listening to the moron on the BT goals show saying it was because the GK was off his line, he's talking out his arse. It was because Politano was in the box, which allowed him to get to the rebound first & score.
This makes far more sense. Was so confused.

LordSpud

I don’t get what happened in the Rangers game. How can you force them to retake the pen if they scored the rebound and the infringement wasn’t on their side!
The infringement was on their side. Their player entered the box too early which enabled his advantage - hes the one who scores the rebound.

Anywho about City.. as soon as I saw Stones was playing RB I thought that this may have been one of those times Pep tries to be over clever. As it stands it is.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lepzig battered Madrid purely according to the stats, Benzema a big miss clearly.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
best chain of comments ever, almost as good as the messi-mbappe goal

Sukhpreet Rai
the other day I ran into a bear. The bear roared and say EXCUSE ME I AM LOOKING FOR THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME”. I was scared and had to be honest with him.“His name is CR7, and he plays in Manchester”

Mario Lisa
HOW MESSI MISS THAT? HIS NAME IS NOW MISSI

indic cause
pinaldo is missing

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
How do Chelsea look? Haven't seen much of their match so far
Way more vertical rotations than under Tuchel; we are playing a very aggressive system. Thus far it seems like our wingbacks have been put into situations where they're isolated 1v1 much more (including Sterling at LWB); meanwhile our wide CBs have pushed forward to an almost ludicrous extent (even overlapping into the final third at times, with the corresponding 8 dropping to cover). We've almost been playing a rotating box around Jorginho with our wide CBs and 8s moving wherever they're needed.

At times in possession it looks like 1-3-4-2. Definitely set up to be on the front foot.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The infringement was on their side. Their player entered the box too early which enabled his advantage - hes the one who scores the rebound.

Anywho about City.. as soon as I saw Stones was playing RB I thought that this may have been one of those times Pep tries to be over clever. As it stands it is.
Yeah, it seems the guy who was watching the game got it all wrong. He kept saying it was the keeper which made no sense.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Agree with that, no way Messi catches him ever.

But knowing how precious this record is to Cristiano, he must feel some discimfort seeing Messi on scoresheet.
Messi may end up finishing within 10 goals of him but don’t think he’ll catch him as Ronaldo is 13 ahead as of now.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Way more vertical rotations than under Tuchel; we are playing a very aggressive system. Thus far it seems like our wingbacks have been put into situations where they're isolated 1v1 much more (including Sterling at LWB); meanwhile our wide CBs have pushed forward to an almost ludicrous extent (even overlapping into the final third at times, with the corresponding 8 dropping to cover). We've almost been playing a rotating box around Jorginho with our wide CBs and 8s moving wherever they're needed.

At times in possession it looks like 1-3-4-2. Definitely set up to be on the front foot.
I see, thanks! Are you happy with the first Potter performance?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's always amazing to see Mbappe going at lighting speed towards goal and Messi slowly jogging trying to get there at the same time.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's always amazing to see Mbappe going at lighting speed towards goal and Messi slowly jogging trying to get there at the same time.
Mbappe either won't pass or his pass won't make it anywhere so ultimately makes no difference. :lol: