Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

marktan

Why is old man Dzeko starting over Lukaku?? You need pace up front to counter to beat City. Bit poor from their coach that.

Anyway I've placed £200 on City to win, at 1/2. I won't like it when City wins but that £100 winnings I will enjoy spending tonight.

Bobade

Why is old man Dzeko starting over Lukaku?? You need pace up front to counter to beat City. Bit poor from their coach that.

Anyway I've placed £200 on City to win, at 1/2. I won't like it when City wins but that £100 winnings I will enjoy spending tonight.
When it goes the other way you're gonna be doubly upset.

Licha M

Last game of the season and not a single injury.

Absolute fecking cnuts.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic

Good timing to have some spare cash too, Brazzers is running a flash sale according to an imaginary friend of mine.

Diego_Milito

Supports
FC Internazionale
I remember the night when Celtic beat Inter in 1967. Nobody gave Celtic a chance against the mighty Inter who were packed with stars. Now it's changed and Inter are underdogs to Manchester City, a thing unthinkable just 20 years ago. Inter has a glorious history and it is that history and pedigree that's pitted against a state-owned monolith of a club that can field two teams of high-class players; all bought and paid for by questionable means. History vs the lottery winners. Go out and take the pot back to Milan.
Thank you for the great reply, I would give it a like if I knew how (but I think I can't being a new account), and thanks to the others who replied too!
I have no idea how this game will go, Inter is still, unfortunately, a mystery in the Champions League ... because we haven't played a top team in a knock-out game yet, and City will be the first one. On the other hand, winning a derby in the semifinals will always be difficult (irrespective of how bad that Milan side was, because of the nature of the game) and is a great confidence booster.

As for tonight's game .... i also was sceptical of Dzeko being in the starting XI, but i think it's the right choice. I don't think Dzeko would be someone you could rely on to help you change the game mid-way. Lukaku is more likely to create a change, as long as Inzaghi doesn't wait until the 70th minute before putting him in. I'd swap the two at half time, personally.

I hope I can come back and see these forums really happy after the game! I will leave my last message (I have 3 as a new account i think) for that eventuality!

We will need your support too!

Oscar Bonavena

The conventional wisdom is it's better to bring on a fast player for a slow player rather than vice versa.

The problem is, if City are ahead when Lukaku comes on, they'll probably be sitting deeper anyway so bringing on extra pace is not gonna help much!

el3mel

I guess to avoid watching City secure the treble against a side that should be nowhere near the final. I doubt it will be much of a contest.
I could skip the celebration post game if I want, but I'm not that bitter to miss the entire final. Beside we lost our chance to stop them winning the treble so it's ultimately our fault anyway.

Oscar Bonavena

Some reward for Kyle Walker shutting down Vinicius junior in the semi final.... dropped for the final ... hope it backfires on Pep !

Sebalto

I watch the start to see what Inter’s tifo is like then pull the plug on my WiFi for 3 days.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Champions league final day is always one of my favourites of the year. Beers in the evening and the sun starts setting at the half time mark just as the tension is building up.

Sebalto

Why would that be? If City win he’s happy that he’s made money to cushion the blow of having City win, if Inter win that’ll take the sting out of losing £200.

marktan

I think I'd happily lose £200 for City to lose! Money well spent.

The conventional wisdom is it's better to bring on a fast player for a slow player rather than vice versa.

The problem is, if City are ahead when Lukaku comes on, they'll probably be sitting deeper anyway so bringing on extra pace is not gonna help much!
Correct.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
City's bench would get top 4. They've made the EPL boring as far as who will win.

didz

Some reward for Kyle Walker shutting down Vinicius junior in the semi final.... dropped for the final ... hope it backfires on Pep !
It would be a bit of a waste starting him when there's nobody to shut down.

Lee565

Darmian starting in a European Cup final.., to be fair I always wanted to see him tried in back 3 at united when he was here

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
RTE with a segment on the charges against City and discussed for a few minutes in the studio as well. Refreshing to see someone talking about it.

I assume BT aren't mentioning it?

Cpl Hicks

Fair play to RTE here in Ireland. Currently devoting a nice little segment on the charges and why City are tying up the process etc.

mu4c_20le

Darmian, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Dzeko, it's like someone playing nostalgia FM

Von Mistelroum

Really hoping that the cheats lose just to upset their fans, even though it doesn't mean anything if they win, the media will still be insufferable with the 'greatest team and manager' nonsense largely ignoring the 115 charges.