Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

mu4c_20le

Mbappe changed the game, completely different game once he came on.

The older I get, the less I feel I should watch these games...
He's a beast but Atalanta was already gassed by then. I'm surprised they held out so long without conceding or giving away a penalty.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Feel bad for Atalanta but this is how I envisioned this would end if it came to a final with City. Fairytale football eventually comes undone to a Sterling tap in at the 90th minute.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Got to feel for Atlanta. They put in such an effort.

As for PSG, they're insufferable. I thought I was watching the final there towards the end.

If City and PSG played the CL final I doubt I'd even watch it, would be such a meaningless game to the neutral.
We will all watch it. Don’t be so high and mighty as it would be a cracking game

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I see so many PSG shirts worn by kids these days. They’re barely shown over here aren’t they?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a beast but Atalanta was already gassed by then. I'm surprised they held out so long without conceding or giving away a penalty.
Neymar's lack of shooting boots is the reason for that. Atalanta was great the first 25-30m, then it was PSG's game for the most part. The better team won.

PeteManic

Neymar looks like the guy in your Sunday league team that used to be on the books at the local Prem team but now enjoys a toke and hitting the town 5 nights a week.

Chief123

I don’t understand so much hate towards PSG?

Im actually glad they went through as I like seeing big clashes in the latter stages. It makes the semi final so much more interesting.

I honestly wouldn’t mind Bayern or PSG winning it.

PaulScholes99

What a crazy performance from Neymar. His finishing was a joke but everything else was prime messi like. And then still Choupo needs to turn the game around, you couldn't make it up.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Whoa wtf just happened?? It was 1-0 to Atalanta when I turned over! :eek:

Eddy_JukeZ

Why were so many United fans rooting against PSG? I know they're detestable as a club, but surely the hate for City takes precedence?

We need more stronger sides in the competition to lessen City's chances of winning.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Still can't believe Choupo-Moting put PSG in the semi-final.

RooneyLegend

What a crazy performance from Neymar. His finishing was a joke but everything else was prime messi like. And then still Choupo needs to turn the game around, you couldn't make it up.
The most contradictory performance I've ever seen.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Nah, you can play the game any way you want - Atalanta very unlucky not to go through and PSG very fortunate. Harsh on Atalanta.
Haha, of course you will say this considering how your manager plays - but in the end it looks really bad if the negative tactics don’t even win you the game especially if you were the favourites (doesn’t apply to Atalanta obviously)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Im actually glad they went through as I like seeing big clashes in the latter stages. It makes the semi final so much more interesting.

I’m glad too. Actually want them to win it

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Because they're new money and this competition is all about heritage and the old money that was earned

Was rooting for Atalanta though. They were a breath of fresh air.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why are people writing off RB against Atletico?

always_hoping

At least this seasons French champions didn't join the champions of England, Italy, Spain who were all knocked out of the Champions league before the semi final stage.

el3mel

Haha, of course you will say this considering how your manager plays - but in the end it looks really bad if the negative tactics don’t even win you the game especially if you were the favourites (doesn’t apply to Atalanta obviously)
I agree with him all honestly. Atlanta played crazy attacking football this year. They're allowed one negative game against an opposition that's on paper much better and have better quality, especially when they're leading and can't risk opening spaces.

What got them out is poor defending at the end. They couldn't keep it up for 5 more minutes, which is shame.

Chief123

The better team won.

PSG-Atletico will be interesting
Agreed, some disgusting persistent fouling by Atlanta. I hate that no matter which team it is.

Atlanta got what they deserved. Yeah it would be a fairy tale story but the team that deserved to win went through. Neymar should have had a hat trick and an easy win today.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Luck giveth, luck taketh

In the end, the better team won

Mbappé is terrifying, can't wait to see him presented at a full bernabeu two summers from now :D

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The better team won.

PSG-Atletico will be interesting
The better, I don't know but when you think about La Remontada, Manchester United.... you see how lucky was PSG against Dortmund and Atalanta

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Should have been 4 or 5 + goals for PSG, woeful finishing.

Atalanta looked very limited and best team won.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Great team there, also Choupo is actually in better form than Icardi and should have started.

Kimpembe as well was immense and Mbappe must remain fit.

Atalanta got away with some terrible fouls but this year CL belongs to PSG.

Welbeckham

Saying that was lucky or undeserved is a bit much. Atalanta couldn’t really play any football in the second half. They couldn’t really handle Neymar and only poor finishing from Neymar and Mbappe kept them in the game.

Zapata was absolutely dreadful and after Gomez came off they were just trying to foul and survive. In the end, two good goals from PSG and the better team won. Harsh that Atalanta got so far, but that wasn’t a very good second half performance from them tbf. They probably missed the likes Ilicic and Gomez in the end, so unlucky in that sense I guess.

KC91

I feel like Gasperini made some questionable subs as well.

Pasalic & Gosens looked far fresher than Zapata, and Hateboer when they were subbed. Can't really blame him for taking off Gomez, cause clearly he was injured, but you have to wonder if even 1 or 2 fresher players could have really made the difference here. Freuler pulling his hamstring, and them essentially being down to 10 for the last 7 minutes of the game obviously didn't help.