Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Bayern are playing a very dangerous game with all that boasting and bragging. In 90 min Messi could score two and make them swallow some humble pie.

Also, this is just the QFs. Thrashing the worst Chelsea in decades in the Round of 16 doesn't mean much.
Matthaus saying Lewandowski has surpassed Messi is going to bite them in the ass you just can feel it.

Steve Bruce

I'm sure few are aware but the CL preliminary rounds for next season has already started. The first qualifying round starts on Tuesday.

Anyway Drita where meant to play linfield last night but 2 of their players tested positive & their whole team has to isolate themselves. We'll find out today if they forfeit.

But my point is, only 1 round has been played and already we're seeing issues with covid. Next season is going to be a nightmare & hard to see football being able to fulfill the fixtures in the original calendar set out

United58

Apparently a Barcelona player tested positive? Any chance of a delay there? It's already mad how late in the season it is - next season has already started!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Yeah, confirmed now. He's not been in contact with the CL squad so they should be fine I guess.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Matthaus saying Lewandowski has surpassed Messi is going to bite them in the ass you just can feel it.
I don't understand how people can get pissed by this claim ? He clearly refers to this season and while this opinion is debatable but far for from delusional or ? I see many people who would put Lewandowski on the top spot when it comes to Ballon d´or award.

Last edited:

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern are playing a very dangerous game with all that boasting and bragging. In 90 min Messi could score at least two and make them swallow some humble pie.

Also, this is just the QFs. Thrashing the worst Chelsea in decades in the Round of 16 doesn't mean much.
Some links or sources regarding boasting and bragging ?

SamVimes

Really looking forward to tonight's game. PSG one up into stoppage time and Atalanta to score two late ones!

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Very enjoyable games ahead to watch as a neutral.

SATA

Apparently Mbappe could make it for tonight’s game. Neymar + Mbappe + Icardi would surely be too much for Atalanta?

Paul_Scholes18

I want Atalanta to win, but also rather PSG to stop City in a potential final. Maybe should just put the faith in Bayern/Barca and Lyon and support Atalanta.

No Love

Reports are that Ilicic is likely to be out, right? Shame, if so. You’d love to see these two teams fully fit and firing, with Neymar/Mbappe/Icardi pitting themselves against Gomez/Ilicic/Zapata.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Reports are that Ilicic is likely to be out, right? Shame, if so. You’d love to see these two teams fully fit and firing, with Neymar/Mbappe/Icardi pitting themselves against Gomez/Ilicic/Zapata.
Ilicic has been out for a few weeks already after learning that his girlfriend cheated on him for some time. Their bigger miss, however, will be former United goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini. He's had a great season for Atalanta and been one of Serie A's best keepers last season.

No Love

Ilicic has been out for a few weeks already after learning that his girlfriend cheated on him for some time. Their bigger miss, however, will be former United goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini. He's had a great season for Atalanta and been one of Serie A's best keepers last season.
Never ideal to lose your first choice goalie before such a big game. Let’s hope the absence of such players doesn’t rob us of a competitive affair!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Ilicic missing the end of the season is mental I could understand if a relative of his died but seriously he's out because his girlfriend cheated on him? That's incredibly unprofessional if true

Clique

Ilicic missing the end of the season is mental I could understand if a relative of his died but seriously he's out because his girlfriend cheated on him? That's incredibly unprofessional if true
I thought the Ilicic story was a fake put out on social media? So it was true after all?
Sorry, that's just BS. There's no confirmed report of his wife cheating and even the website that ran with the story a week ago issued a follow up which talks about the picture he posted with his wife on Insta a few days ago.

If he's affected because of the virus and chooses not to play a game of football and/or he has mental health issues that he's taking care of - it doesn't matter. To slander and propagate an unfounded rumor and to use that rumor to call him unprofessional is unwarranted and frankly disappointing.

SATA

Sorry, that's just BS. There's no confirmed report of his wife cheating and even the website that ran with the story a week ago issued a follow up which talks about the picture he posted with his wife on Insta a few days ago.

If he's affected because of the virus and chooses not to play a game of football and/or he has mental health issues that he's taking care of - it doesn't matter. To slander and propagate an unfounded rumor and to use that rumor to call him unprofessional is unwarranted and frankly disappointing.
Calm down mate. I am not accusing him of anything. In fact that was the first time i have ever hear of this player after this ‘story’ broke out as i do not watch Serie A regularly. For his sake, i hope it’s not true as it’s a horrible thing to happen to anyone and i’m glad you clarified that it isn’t

Clique

Calm down mate. I am not accusing him of anything. In fact that was the first time i have ever hear of this player after this ‘story’ broke out as i do not watch Serie A regularly. For his sake, i hope it’s not true as it’s a horrible thing to happen to anyone and i’m glad you clarified that it isn’t
Wasn't on you, was more intended for the poster before you. Apologies. Cheers.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern are playing a very dangerous game with all that boasting and bragging. In 90 min Messi could score at least two and make them swallow some humble pie.

Who at the club is ”boasting and bragging“?

Walters_19_MuFc

I take it quite a few players are out for PSG because the team they've put out tonight is pretty uninspiring.

Think there could be an upset on the cards tonight.

mu4c_20le

Looks like Herrera is starting. No way Mbappe is fit, he probably hasn't trained. My money is on Atalanta

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Herrera is starting. No way Mbappe is fit, he probably hasn't trained. My money is on Atalanta
Yup, Mbappe is on the bench for today.

Bernat at left back as well, which makes sense given their lack of attacking impetus from their midfield 3.

Patchbeard

PSG team looks uninspiring compared to recent years when they still fecked it at an early stage. Having said that, heard of very few of the Atalanta players and it's a shame Ilicic is out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Atalanta's lineup:
ATALANTA - Sportiello; Toloi, Caldara, Djimsiti; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Gomez, Pasalic; Zapata.
Bench: Gelmi, Rossi, Sutalo, Palomino, Czyborra, Muriel, Piccoli, Malinovskyi, Da Riva, Castagne, Bellanova, Colley.
That's their strongest possible XI. Pasalic will give them more numbers in the midfield though he does tend to drift in and out as a starter. Atalanta can stand a chance if they start quick and pile up the pressure on PSG though it will leave them vulnerable to PSG's deadly counter. Having said that, PSG will miss di Maria's creativity.

EDIT: Palomino not starting means that they might look to play on the front foot against PSG and deal with the counters with more pace at the back.

Paul_Scholes18

PSG team looks uninspiring compared to recent years when they still fecked it at an early stage. Having said that, heard of very few of the Atalanta players and it's a shame Ilicic is out.
It is a strong PSG side though, but it lacks in attacking power. Up to Neymar to show his quality. Nice to see Herrera though. He is often a big game player so I expect him to do well.

KC91

I'd be leaning Atalanta, but no Illicic, and no Gollini is big for them

Tough match to predict, could be a thrashing for either side, could be a back and forth high scoring affair, could even be a drab cagey 0-0 given Atalanta was out of form to end the season, and PSG has only had 1-2 competitive matches since March. Very unpredictable.

Kearnkoff69

Atalanta have a real shot, even missing Ilicic. That PSG midfield is extremely sound, though lacking creativity and magic. Love Herrera, but he alone won't provide that spark. It will be up to Neymar to run the show. It's set up to be a really fun game for neutrals.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is Di Maria injured? Ilicic is a huge miss for Atalanta but that’s equally a big miss for PSG.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Want a Palasic hat trick today.

Still seems strange to see Choupo-Moting's name on a PSG team sheet. Does he play much?
More than a player like him was supposed to play.
49 games in 2 years, mostly a s a sub

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think the winner out of Bayern and Barca are winning the tournament, city’s defence isn’t good enough yet.