Champions League Quarter Finals (3rd - 11th April)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Guardiola losing his shit already?

A bit rich coming from him but still hilarious. :lol:

Tarrou

Ever seen that situation: shot on goal, keeper parries, second attacker scores? In that situation, the moment of the first shot counts. "Bounced off the opposition" rule was ditched a decade and a half ago.
but that isn't remotely like what happened here

Sane was onside and there are two touches by Liverpool players

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ever seen that situation: shot on goal, keeper parries, second attacker scores? In that situation, the moment of the first shot counts. "Bounced off the opposition" rule was ditched a decade and a half ago.
But that's the point: Sane was onside when De Bruyne played the ball over the top. No other city player touches the ball until Sane scores

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Assistant must have thought Bernardo poked it or something. Pity because at 2-0 we could have made them sweat. Klopp will sort things out now.
Sane is a good yard onside either way. Shocking decision to be fair.

At 2-0 the stage would have been set for a great half, as it stands now City still have loads of work to do.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
For all the whataboutery and snide Pep digs it's fair to say he's every right to be pissed off. Good goal disallowed, 0 time added on and Mane somehow still being on the pitch? :lol:

This ref is a weapon.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Also how many would Real or Barca have against us by now if we played like that against them?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
? Pep deserved it.
Did you see the replay? No ref wouldnt send a manager off after that.
He gave Bernado a yellow after some mild descent (which was a wrong decision to give a free kick against him on in the first place). He also clearly wants to stamp his authority to be card happy for kicks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No way City makes this comeback. I just cannot see it
Yeah, they have done well to score early. Bernardo Silva did well to hit the post but they are just doing Valencia type smash the ball to the box and hope for the best. They look clueless in the final third.

FromTheBench

I thought Sterling had actually fouled vanndijk even if he was soft for the first goal but that 2nd wasn't offside.

Peanut Butter

They need two more to take it to extra time. They wouldn't want to do that. If City go into extra time with the score at 3-0 and Liverpool score one in extra time, City will have to score two in extra time. That is extremely unlikely.
No, City want 2 goals. Forget the extra scenarios. Liverpool will be so deflated if they concede 3 after having such a great advantage.

binary bot
I'll say it again - ref is a fecking drama queen. Loving his role tonight.
It's what happens when you take a strict approach in a big game involving a Pep team. Almost every yellow has been deserved.

clarkydaz

what did you expect marching on the pitch gesturing to the ref the way he handled that half you tit. Finally someone put him in his place :lol:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
But that's the point: Sane was onside when De Bruyne played the ball over the top. No other city player touches the ball until Sane scores
Second from last defending player counts. Usually the goalie is the last, so we are used to watching the last field player. But in this case, goalie wasn't last. Or am I missing something else?

cyberman

Are you sure thats a deflection? He deliberately plays the ball.
Yeah, looking at it again I agree.
The ref is loving it out there as well, I'd imagine he psyched himself up to calm the EPL aggression but this is the problem of sticking a foreign ref into an inter league tie.