Champions League Quarter Finals (3rd - 11th April)

Kostur

海尔的老板
I don't care it's Liverpool, the big guns will take care of them in the next round.

But watching the bald arrogant fecker getting humiliated on the biggest stage is priceless.
Absolutely this, give any coach who is not an inept feck in managing defence and Liverpool are a spent force. I'd be enjoying this shit so much if it wasn't for the scouse cnuts doing it.

Canagel

Is Pep stubborn or does he not think City can defend /sit back?
Who goes to a side like Liverpool away in a 2 legged tie and leaves the team this open?

And Liverpool beat them in the league, so its not like City don't know about Liverpools attacking threat.

Baffling.
He's an arrogant manager. That's why. Yesterday he was saying if we change our style of play it means I don't trust my players or something like that. There's nothing wrong with going route 1 sometimes to break the press but he plays right into their hands with this open football.

Stacks

Neville has said all season city’s defence is shit and tonight has proved it.
I agree. If you have the ball and use it, like most Peps teams, they can get found out. Hard to do that without the ball though
If City win the Premier League and, by some unholy act, Liverpool win the Champions League this will be a truly s-t season.
Please don't
Sensational match from the Scousers, hope Mourinho is taking notes.
They are playing late 90s United football, that’s what they are playing.

Let’s see what City are made of.
Actually fair play for JOSE for playing the draw at anfield.

PoTMS

Not a chance.
Why not? They look like one of the best teams left in this competition and are ripping apart a team that has destroyed our league. Only Madrid will stop them imo.

IrishRedDevil

This is the first time City have adjusted for an opponent and its affected them mentally.

Taking Sterling out of the team was a signal to the City players that they should fear Liverpool. That's how they've played: like they're afraid. Pep s-t the bed and his players are now drowning in the cak.
Yip. This early performance is on Pep. His CL away record continues.

RedNed77

Hopefully Jose is watching this and decides to take a more pressing approach against city rather than sitting back and shitting ourselves for 90 mins. He’s all about tailoring his plans to deal with the opposition isn’t he?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I have no idea why some people here want Liverpool to progress. Have you forgotten 2005 or 2012? It doesn't matter if the opposition is strong on paper. Once you are in the semi final you have a decent chance to win the competition.
What didn’t they win in 2012

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't care it's Liverpool, the big guns will take care of them in the next round.

But watching the bald arrogant fecker getting humiliated on the biggest stage is priceless.
Today i definitely realized that i hate him more than liverpool

Dolf

I hope Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern are in good shape because i can’t stand the thought of Liverpool winning it.

Unfortunately I think only RM are convincingly better than the rest

killerboi2

Part of me hoping scouse will still mess it up :lol: If not then this is proof City are overrated. Can't be losing like this in knock out CL matches. Was really starting to buy into hype as well after watching the highlights of Palace match.

C3Pique

Lord Pep getting dry bummed by a midfield of Milner Henderson and Chamberlain :lol:

I don't care who wins as long as it's embarrassing for the loser.

cyberman

There's no way Salah isn't scoring in the second leg.
City needs to score five goals to go through IMO.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is the first time City have adjusted for an opponent and its affected them mentally.

Taking Sterling out of the team was a signal to the City players that they should fear Liverpool. That's how they've played: like they're afraid. Pep s-t the bed and his players are now drowning in the cak.
A good lesson that teams should always focus on what they do best and not so much on the opponent

Sigma

Referee's been great so far (seems like a good one whenever I see him), lets the game flow.

RonaldoVII

I'm not so sure. You think Liverpool won't score at the Etihad?
Guess it depends how early the goal would be but City can put 3/4 past anyone when they fancy it. Liverpool probably can too but would've said their defence is more likely to ship goals

Pennywise

Some poster rightly said, too many games city won because of the opponent's defeatest mentality.

You take the fight to them, they shit themselves.
It's so true. City are a brilliant side but the rest of the league should be ashamed. Press them intelligently and you have a chance. You might still lose but you might actually win.

Irrational.

Pep can feck right off, the stubborn cnut. Didn't learn his lesson from the last Liverpool defeat.

His style of football is custom made for a Klopp team. Glad he's being ripped to shreds. Not even a single shot on target so far. :lol:

Really hope they get found out next season.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Some poster rightly said, too many games city won because of the opponent's defeatest mentality.

You take the fight to them, they shit themselves.
I agree with the general idea but it's easier said than done. Few teams have the type of attack that Liverpool have. It's built for a match-up like this one.

prateik

Did the same against Barca when he was Bayern coach.
I remember that. And then bayern hired him. Ruined the efficient machine that they were.
Best in Germany, but nowhere near as scary in Europe.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
It's not Klopp that's getting it right, it's the stupidity of Pep that's showing, he couldn't adapt his game if his life depended on it. he always does that, his years at Bayern were like that.

This is misplaced arrogance. that's why for me, he will never be as good as the best coaches. Sir Alex knew when we were worse than the opposition, adapted his game, Jose does that all the time. Pep needs to learn that if he wants to win a CL again.
But but he’s the best and Jose is the worst thing that’s happened to football!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Exactly. This is almost enjoyable. Feck City and Pep.