Champions League Quarter Finals (3rd - 11th April)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I live even further north and there have always been plenty of Liverpool fans, now City fans are coming out of the woodwork.
Indeed.

10 years ago you were either United or Liverpool, with the occasional Leeds fan thrown in to the mix, but as you say the massives are coming out of the woodwork like theres no tomorrow. They multiply like rabbits as well!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I don't understand why Sane never tries to cut behind Liverpool's line of defense even when he has a little room. Almost like Pep instructed him not to.

Member 90887

A goal for city would change the tie, they would be favourite again.

A goal for Liverpool however kills it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Liverpool are playing at Anfield and have to score. This is nothing new. What compounds the result is the fact that City have been very poor and Pep didn't change anything from his previous encounters with Liverpool.
He’s scored 8 in his last two encounters.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you can't beat them, beat them up from City in the past ten minutes.

Anustart89

A goal for city would change the tie, they would be favourite again.

A goal for Liverpool however kills it.
If they got a goal they'd still need to win 2-0. I'd hardly call that a more likely outcome than a one goal win for City.

FireballXL5

Is everyone prepared for Klopp's ridiculously OTT histrionics at the final whistle? Will there be a lap of honour?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I see Barca's player of the season, own goal, has been in great form tonight

And now dracula makes it 4-1. Gonalons with a great assist :devil:

Roma :annoyed:

el3mel

Can't even remember a single shot on target for City tonight. Liverpool GK hasn't been threatened so far, pretty hilarious.

Schneckerl

man all 4 QF matchups look onesided after the first game, can't remember ever seeing that

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is everyone prepared for Klopp's ridiculously OTT histrionics at the final whistle? Will there be a lap of honour?
I hope there is, City acted like nobheads at Old Trafford, they deserve no less.

edcunited1878

He’s scored 8 in his last two encounters.
Understood, but he just rolls the ball out and expects the same results. What exactly changed for City going into tonight. Any big away match, you have to stem the tide a bit. They got fecking steamrolled the first 30 minutes a la United v Chelsea a few years ago.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
City are so so sooo soft yet. Can't react to adversity at all. Liverpool on the other hand play with truly impressive confidence. Only team that really scares me left in this competition. Fecking city
Madrid is the side best equipped to stop this Liverpool team. People grossly underestimate Madrid's ability to organise defensively. It will be relatively straightforward for Madrid to copy what we did to Liverpool a month ago. There's still enough Mourinho DNA in your team and Zidane isn't some sort of football idealist who will insist on playing open, possession football and provide Liverpool space to counter into.

What we're seeing tonight is basically a repeat of what Ancelotti's Madrid did to Pep's Bayern. Madrid's greatness arises from the fact that, unlike Barcelona, Madrid's dogma is not tiki taki its winning. If Madrid defends compactly so Liverpool can't counter, then counters itself using the pace you have e.g. Asensio, Vasquez, Ronaldo, Bale etc. Madrid will easily beat Liverpool. We only had Rashford on the pitch as an outlet and we dealt with them comfortably. Salah didn't even have a shot on target.