Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

RopersReturn

Even though Bayern shaded the possession stats you have to admit some of the movement from City was sublime last night, with players regularly finding space and running onto passes etc, plus Grealish is on fire atm.
I just hope we progress to that stage soon.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That tweet’s gone, here’s another one:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is horrifying. He should have been yanked off.

Similar collapses that come to mind:

Varane against City
Ramos against City/Ajax
Laporte against Tottenham

It's crazy how such sloppiness gets punished.
Cannot see the video but I don't know what you are on about when you mention Ajax there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern are a decent team you could see it in their patterns of play.
Lacked the intensity in key moments.
City can do that to anyone and I don’t think they even played particularly well tonight.
clear gulf in class in my opinion……… regrettably
They lacked attacking quality, and then mentality to not collapse after the 2-0
After living through Bernabeu last year, I'm not confident before the whistle blows
Bayern are not us, as yesterday's game made clear
This is horrifying. He should have been yanked off.

Similar collapses that come to mind:

Varane against City
Ramos against City/Ajax
Laporte against Tottenham

It's crazy how such sloppiness gets punished.
Uh? Which games were those? Ajax??? You mean when he put in one of the greatest defensive performances of all time?(Alessandro Costacurta's words, not mine. You'd think he'd know what he's talking about...)

Btw, anybody has video of the Bernardo Silva foul? I'm getting curious now seeing people call for a red

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal is leading by 6 points and I'm very sure city will drop points in EPL
City have a game in hand though, if they win that and also get the three points against Arsenal at home they'll be level on points with a superior goal difference.

Right now I'd say it's about 50/50 who wins the title. If Arsenal get a result against City, even a draw, it will put them very much in the driver's seat though.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
City have a game in hand though, if they win that and also get the three points against Arsenal at home they'll be level on points with a superior goal difference.

Right now I'd say it's about 50/50 who wins the title. If Arsenal get a result against City, even a draw, it will put them very much in the driver's seat though.
Yeah, but i don't see Arsenal getting a result against City, without some big luck going their way, do you?
But i suppose 50/50 is about right, City can slip up in other games still.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, but i don't see Arsenal getting a result against City, without some big luck going their way, do you?
But i suppose 50/50 is about right, City can slip up in other games still.
Yeah City are definitely heavy favorites for the head-to-head match but it's not a sure thing.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Guess we better hope Real don't feck up against Chelsea and then are in great form against these c.nts in the semi's.

Was pretty sure Bayern could get something out of this game but changing your manager a week or so before the game will do that to you I guess. Ffs
Don't see a team beating them over two legs.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The thought of City potentially winning the treble makes me sick
Still, a bunch of United-fans in here are still okay with it, since it wouldn't be "real" to them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Uh? Which games were those? Ajax??? You mean when he put in one of the greatest defensive performances of all time?(Alessandro Costacurta's words, not mine. You'd think he'd know what he's talking about...)
Didn't he get sent off in the first leg against Ajax (or maybe that was a yellow card)? I know he did against City (when he tripped up Jesus).

Costacurta was just exaggerating, he was probably shocked to see Ramos defending well

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
It’s weird that United fans want city to win the premier league. If that happens there’s a good chance they’ll do the treble.
Imagine the wankfest about Guardiola, do you guys want him to be at Ferguson’s level?
Boring as feck for the premier league as well to be always city. Let’s go Arsenal!

As for the champions league, as long as Inter finishes the job I’m happy, if an Italian team wins it would even be better.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't he get sent off in the first leg against Ajax (or maybe that was a yellow card)? I know he did against City (when he tripped up Jesus).
He deliberately picked up a yellow at the end of the game when the result was on ice(2-1 win) which got him banned for the second leg, in order to avoid risking a ban for the QF. In hindsight a stupid decision of course

Costacurta was just exaggerating, he was probably shocked to see Ramos defending well
He wasn't, he's referenced that performance multiple times. You have a weird hatred of Ramos, but the rest of the world doesn't share in it mate :D

Siorac

He deliberately picked up a yellow at the end of the game when the result was on ice(2-1 win) which got him banned for the second leg, in order to avoid risking a ban for the QF. In hindsight a stupid decision of course

He wasn't, he's referenced that performance multiple times. You have a weird hatred of Ramos, but the rest of the world doesn't share in it mate :D
There's nothing weird about hating Sergio Ramos, he's one of the most despicable footballers of his generation.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but your defence and goalkeeper didn't look great, either.
Sommer looked pretty fecking awesome apart from two shaky dribbles, he pulled off some monstrous saves. And Pavard and de Ligt didn't place a foot wrong, either. Upamecano was just... well, I don't know what to say. And Davies needs an off-season asap.

Siorac

If I was in United’s position with the season you’re having, there’s no chance I’d be feeling pessimistic about United’s chances against City. Yeah they’re in red hot form but you’re having a strong enough season yourselves not to cower in their presence.
There's no 'cowering' but realistically, there's no chance we'll beat City in a cup final. If we don't make it to the EL final and secure top 4 in the league with a couple of games to spare... then MAYBE we can pull off a park the bus and hit them on the break type of effort. But even then it's a very slim chance.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sommer looked pretty fecking awesome apart from two shaky dribbles, he pulled off some monstrous saves. And Pavard and de Ligt didn't place a foot wrong, either. Upamecano was just... well, I don't know what to say. And Davies needs an off-season asap.
Up to now this season it even looked like Upa was finally moving on from the occasional complete horrorshow. Well...

GlasgowCeltic

Well, that's our season done and dusted. It's sad to see what this team has become, in terms of overall quality we have fallen so far behind the other top clubs in the last years. Mané and Gnabry look done at the top level (and reportedly we are paying them 21 and 19mil a year respectively), Sané was good today but is too inconsistent, Coman is hit and miss as well. I don't even want to talk about our striker situation.
Well deserved drubbing.
think Goretzka could do with being upgraded too

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
The fact that City can and probably will win it makes me sick, but the fact it happens in a season where they are under investigation for some of the worst cheating the PL has ever seen makes it even worse. Never really liked Madrid, but I will root for them in the CL like i'm rooting for us. Napoli too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There's no 'cowering' but realistically, there's no chance we'll beat City in a cup final. If we don't make it to the EL final and secure top 4 in the league with a couple of games to spare... then MAYBE we can pull off a park the bus and hit them on the break type of effort. But even then it's a very slim chance.
I’m sorry but to say there is no chance is just wild to me. Over two legs, it can perhaps look a bit daunting but in a one off final and you’re Man-fecking-chester United. You have a very good coach and you have Rashford having the season of his life. I get being wary of their red hot form but there’s plenty of reasons to feel good about your chances.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Up to now this season it even looked like Upa was finally moving on from the occasional complete horrorshow. Well...
He got a straight red in the 8th minute vs Mochengladbach a few weeks going forward. When you watch him you always feel like he is always close to making one of those errors. For every ball that leaves the feet of Upa without being a goal causing error you always gasp (Thank God)

Siorac

I’m sorry but to say there is no chance is just wild to me. Over two legs, it can perhaps look a bit daunting but in a one off final and you’re Man-fecking-chester United. You have a very good coach and you have Rashford having the season of his life. I get being wary of their red hot form but there’s plenty of reasons to feel good about your chances.
Rashford's injured, who knows when and how he'll return. The last time we met City outside of Old Trafford, we conceded six and there's also the 7-0 at Anfield and shipping three at Arsenal. They have a better defence, they are better at retaining the ball, they have more pace, technical ability, a deadly striker... They'd be overwhelming favourites.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Saying that City would start a final as overwhelming favorite (same against all teams on the planet today bar Madrid… and just for heritage and the usual Pep’s overthinking) does not mean that on the day Utd could not well win 3-0… it just says that anything going as usual, City win many more times than not.