Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Parry Gallister

Congrats Barca, a night that's going to be remembered as a clasic, but PSG got totally fecked over by the officials, almost total favouritism.

Lyricist

Even Arsenal managed to hold Bayern two 5 goals 3 times in a row. What a fecking failure by PSG. My joy over the Dortmund win has been tainted quite a bit by this. When I read on here that they scored the 5th I turned the Barca game on as well because it was absolutely obvious they would get that goal, no matter the amount of time added on. Had to turn it on to witness this bit of history. Not that I enjoyed it but that's just an incredible achievement.

Eddy_JukeZ

PSG had 2 chances to effectively seal the game and bottled both chances.

They can only blame themselves for this loss.

Think the 1st pen was a pen, but the 2nd was a blatant dive from Suarez.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
i don't even know wether i should laugh or be angry at psg. Barcelona weren't even that good, aside from Neymar(who is unquestionably the second best player in the world, and as close to current messi as peak cristiano to peak messi)

feck's sake....i'll laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Congrats Barca, a night that's going to be remembered as a clasic, but PSG got totally fecked over by the officials, almost total favouritism.
They fecked over themselves :lol: they had the chances to put the game to bed.

pauldyson1uk

Can somebody explain to me how was that pen even debatable? 100% pen. Barca team of serial divers and you are gonna use your hand in a penalty to stop Suarez going though? Of course he is going to dive, but that is still a pen. If the defender wasn't an idiot it would have been a much harder chance to score from instead they get a pen.
Come on it was a clear dive, It would not of looked out of place in a diving pool

Theonas

Scout
Barca unfortunately are a far better and bigger as a football club than us. Their achievements, the football, the players and this comeback day-uh-UM. People on here hate them as the peons over at west brom and co hate us. Cant stand to live in their shadows.

We might win a bit commercially I dunno.
I am a big admirer of them and agree that so many on here just can't stand them because of their success. I personally think they are the best team I have ever seen and that their fans are the luckiest in the game. To suggest however they are "far bigger" is insane. We are the most successful club in our country, they aren't. We have a bigger fan base and are more popular all over the world. They clearly dominated the last decade but that doesn't make them "far bigger" than anyone really. The only club who can claim that is Real Madrid due to their 11 CL wins. By any other barometer, Manchester United, Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern and AC Milan are more or less at the same level in terms of size.

Djemba-Djemba

From a Utd point of view Barcelona going through makes it even more unlikely that City will win it. The more top quality sides still in the competition the better.

So it's probably a good thing they won.

edcunited1878

Has anyone seen the challenge on di Maria when he was through but a Barca player kicked him from behind? Or is that not debatable anymore because these things are going to be overlooked.

Parry Gallister

They fecked over themselves :lol: they had the chances to put the game to bed.
2 pens! Not much you can do about that. Then there was all the small snide stuff. Veratti got away with one at the end, but that was about it for PSG.

Parry Gallister

Has anyone seen the challenge on di Maria when he was through but a Barca player kicked him from behind? Or is that not debatable anymore because these things are going to be overlooked.
Was that the one where Neymar kicked someone off the ball?

RedMaestro

From a Utd point of view Barcelona going through makes it even more unlikely that City will win it. The more top quality sides still in the competition the better.

So it's probably a good thing they won.
You're right. But I actually thought that Bayern would win if Barcelona were out of the competition.

Phil

Wow how was Dembele not sent off for Dortmund? English refs doing us proud in Europe.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Because, it likely was a fluke. There is no way that Barca should lose 4-0 to PSG, just one of those crazy nights when everything goes right for a team.
Well, I'd argue that everything went well for one team and very little for the other - that's really my take home message from tonight and the last couple of Barcelona matches, where were you?

Lyricist

Wow how was Dembele not sent off for Dortmund? English refs doing us proud in Europe.

If you liked that one then check out the two fouls for Samaris which should've also produced a second yellow. Ref deliberately cancelled it out to make it even. :P

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Don't know why exactly but I was glad for Luis Enrique. Also, PSG bottled this one big time, despite that Suarez penalty. Congrats to Barca fans, unreal comeback.

Going to see now Dortmund match, as I have seen from some comments, Weigl had another brilliant match.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
2 pens! Not much you can do about that. Then there was all the small snide stuff. Veratti got away with one at the end, but that was about it for PSG.
First one correct call (obstruction). Second not a penalty, although if you watch it from where the ref was standing you can probably understand why he gave it.

gaucho_10

Almost every player asks for cards when he gets fouled a couple time or when they get hacked in the last third of the field, the difference most of the time is how they complain, Busquets did the same today and he also saw a yellow card like Cavani
Everything is meaningless after a referee performance like this one. It's all getting tedious with you guys in CL..

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1 penalty. First one for me is a clear pen. If there was total favouritism the ref should have sent off Marquinhos. Psg played awful the whole game. They were terrible with the ball and shit their pants from the first whistle. PSG were fouling Barca the whole game too.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Luis Enrique before the game - If PSG can score 4 we can score 6.

SammyUnited_83

The ref was always giving the 2nd Pen and would have done pretty much anywhere in Europe in the same situation (for the home team).

We have had plenty of those, it happens, especially when the crowd build the pressure.

Classnordic

Psg was shite all game, in particular Rabiot. They had no outlets, no movement of the ball, no one to go to and nobody took responsibility.
Is Emery a coward?(genuine question)

Bunch of gutless mercenaries.