Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looking at that replay Mbappe didn’t even really need his speed for that goal. Their whole defence was 5 yards inside the PSG half.
The Madrid positioning looked suicidal. Mata would have fancied his chances of running through and scoring from there.

diarm

Who is this referee in the Madrid PSG game and can we get him in the Prem please?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a freaking cheat code. That's all

PSG look good. The lack of pace and physicality is stark though. Bring on Camavinga to replace Kroos and Rodrygo for Asensio

allen7

I think Alaba didn't do well there, he tried to block Mbappes far post curler but have him way to much space to shoot in the near post. That was a great shot and difficult to save.
I don’t think alaba is at fault. Courtios should’ve done better.

Red Daz

Anyone but Liverpool, for the love of god .
It’s scary when you compare these teams to us at the moment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kroos looks like he's been running on fumes for 2 years. Can barely muster up a light jog without a struggle.

allen7

Difference here is ball progression from midfield to attackers.
Psg is very quick in moving the ball, messi also helps by dropping deep and using his passing. As usual veratti is class in that region.

As someone said, Mbappe is a cheat code and psg is nothing without him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think liverpool would do well against PSG at all actually. City yes, they're the sort of team that would give them all kinds of trouble. Full strenght bayern maybe too. Liverpool, no. If Inter could play through their press like that, while keeping their attack in check in open play, so can PSG, and the quality in the final third is on another level

Doracle

I don’t think alaba is at fault. Courtios should’ve done better.
Yeah, it’s shocking keeping. Initially looked like the finish was in the corner but it was actually fairly close to the middle of the goal, where the keeper could see it all the way and had Alaba blocking out the far post finish.

United in sin

There is a big difference fitness wise between Real Madrid and Liverpool. Madrid's team is aging and apart from Benzema, the other players are controllable. Liverpool has too many players who would cause them trouble
Liverpool seem to be dipping a bit in my opinion. They got lucky against Inter and even in the first leg they rode their luck quite a bit, banking on their defense. They also got outplayed by Chelsea in the league cup final. I hope they crash and burn

SirAnderson

Pochettino proving a point to a lot of his detractors tonight. Very impressive so far.
Hardly need to focus on Poch when it Mbappe has been the clear difference in both matches so far...
As many have said already, he is the cheat code.
I suppose Poch should get some credit, but its more an afterthought than the first thought for me.

Idxomer

Messi still has too much influence in games to be called finished, only Verratti has been on the ball more than him in the 1st half.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe’s gotten so many big goals with this fake curler to near post shot. World Cup final. Beat Neuer with it. Now Courtois, and many times in Ligue 1. It’s a trademark at this point but it’s almost impossible to defend, I would favor saving the near post at this point and dare him to make the curler with the defender helping out on the angle.

cyberman

Kroos looks like he's been running on fumes for 2 years. Can barely muster up a light jog without a struggle.
Neymar looks as if he has lost a step as well. It seems to all hinge on Mbappe with the other two ambling around.
Madrid are making this PSG side look like world beaters

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
His passing, he will never lose it but the rest of his game is so weak. He really is finished
Call me an Idiot but IMO he's been fundamental to PSGs build up play while also making a couple of interceptions, he's definitely been one of the best players on the pitch.

Better than anyone in a white shirt for sure.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't think liverpool would do well against PSG at all actually. City yes, they're the sort of team that would give them all kinds of trouble. Full strenght bayern maybe too. Liverpool, no. If Inter could play through their press like that, while keeping their attack in check in open play, so can PSG, and the quality in the final third is on another level
The quality of Liverpool in attack would be problematic too for PSG

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think their midfield would cause us a problem but I'd still fancy us over two legs personally. It'd be close.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Call me an Idiot but IMO he's been fundamental to PSGs build up play while also making a couple of interceptions, he's definitely been one of the best players on the pitch.

Better than anyone in a white shirt for sure.
Not gonna call you an idiot because you make a good point tbh

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Not really impressed by either of these teams. A good pressing side would give them a lot of trouble.

Messi walking around hardly involved in defensive duties.

Madrid have really had the same midfield since 2016.

redshaw

PSG looking very fit and incisive, all working together. Not saying they can go all the way though, could fall apart a bit against the other top sides.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Pochettino proving a point to a lot of his detractors tonight. Very impressive so far.
What is Pochettino really proving, tonight? I mean, he just fielded his usual starting eleven, same as Ancelotti. And PSG is better than Real upfront.