Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There was some geezer going mad in Mbappe’s thread a month or so ago saying how he never scored any CL knockout goals (which wasn’t true, anyway). Absolutely dunked on Madrid in two legs now. :)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappé opens up his body and then has this little hitch before shooting that makes the keeper think he's going to the far post, only to bend his leg all the way across his body to go near post

always_hoping

Hardly need to focus on Poch when it Mbappe has been the clear difference in both matches so far...
As many have said already, he is the cheat code.
I suppose Poch should get some credit, but its more an afterthought than the first thought for me.
Same here an afterthought also however no doubt the Poch fanboys will be out in force tonight.

Dazzmondo

Don't think liverpool would do well against PSG at all actually. City yes, they're the sort of team that would give them all kinds of trouble. Full strenght bayern maybe too. Liverpool, no. If Inter could play through their press like that, while keeping their attack in check in open play, so can PSG, and the quality in the final third is on another level
Mbappe attacking the space that Trent always vacates... ya I don't see that going well for Liverpool.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Liverpool seem to be dipping a bit in my opinion. They got lucky against Inter and even in the first leg they rode their luck quite a bit, banking on their defense. They also got outplayed by Chelsea in the league cup final. I hope they crash and burn
Aye, they'll do that.

Dazzmondo

Hardly need to focus on Poch when it Mbappe has been the clear difference in both matches so far...
As many have said already, he is the cheat code.
I suppose Poch should get some credit, but its more an afterthought than the first thought for me.
It's not just Mbappe. PSG have been by far the better team in both games

mancan92

Neymar looks as if he has lost a step as well. It seems to all hinge on Mbappe with the other two ambling around.
Madrid are making this PSG side look like world beaters
Yeah you can see neymar is literally a couple yards off his top level speed and agility. He should be in his prime but to be honest I think he is finished. Purely because he has an extreme party lifestyle which has clearly finished him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mbappé opens up his body and then has this little hitch before shooting that makes the keeper think he's going to the far post, only to bend his leg all the way across his body to go near post
The technique on that shoot was pretty rare. I don’t think I’ve seen a finish like that apart from Mbappe

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah you can see neymar is literally a couple yards off his top level speed and agility. He should be in his prime but to be honest I think he is finished. Purely because he has an extreme party lifestyle which has clearly finished him.
Too many muscle injuries have done him

Frank Grimes

What is Pochettino really proving, tonight? I mean, he just fielded his usual starting eleven, same as Ancelotti. And PSG is better than Real upfront.
Some people don't want to give him any credit but he is a fine coach. This is away to Madrid and PSG look fit,sharp and motivated and well drilled. Very impressive from the Argentine.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think their midfield would cause us a problem but I'd still fancy us over two legs personally. It'd be close.
Think they're the worst possible match up for you. I'd fancy you against city or bayern more than psg tbh. At that level it's like boxing, style makes fight. PSG will struggle more against sides that can hide the ball from them and keep them bogged down in their own half. Your pressing is good but your possession not so much to keep them there long. They have the pace to match you all over the pitch, all of their defenders are rapid and they have steel and quality in midfield. And then they have #7. Good luck with that. Honestly, feels like this is gonna be his champions league

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some people don't want to give him any credit but he is a fine coach. This is away to Madrid and PSG look fit,sharp and motivated and well drilled. Very impressive from the Argentine.
You could put most coaches tonight and PSG would perform the same tonight. They don't need Poch for motivation trust me

SirMonteyne

Watching my first non-united related match this season. It's nice to see proper midfielders play, their positioning is insane. No one would dare to press those midfielders. Bad midfielders make whole team look bad. Completely different.

Watching my first non-united related match this season. It's nice to see proper midfielders play, their positioning is insane. No one would dare to press those midfielders. Bad midfielders make whole team look bad. Completely different.
Yeah Parades and Verratti are on another planet to McFred.

always_hoping

Don't think liverpool would do well against PSG at all actually. City yes, they're the sort of team that would give them all kinds of trouble. Full strenght bayern maybe too. Liverpool, no. If Inter could play through their press like that, while keeping their attack in check in open play, so can PSG, and the quality in the final third is on another level
Liverpool lets be fair had Inter basically beaten after the 1st leg. They would high press PSG into errors for a full 90 minutes. Also few matches are harder win in the CL when Liverpool are required to win a CL tie in Anfield. On Bayern I'd agree they would need to be full strength.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was a great finish, but neither Curtois and Alaba should be happy with their defending, especially covering each others angles.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool lets be fair had Inter basically beaten after the 1st leg. They would high press PSG into errors for a full 90 minutes. Also few matches are harder win in the CL when Liverpool are required to win a CL tie in Anfield. On Bayern I'd agree they would need to be full strength.
I shudder to think the damage Mbappe would do to Trent

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't even control a simple pass ffs

Rodrygo and Camavinga please Carlo