g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

TheRedHearted

Shows you what true grit gets you (and i imagine great coaching). For a while it looked like Madrid didn’t have a chance back, then after their goals (although lucky) they controlled the game. Didn’t see psg string together more then 4 passes once that happened, they never got back into a rhythm. But Madrid deserved that for keeping at it.
Still wish we got Ancelotti a couple of years ago. Would have steadied our ship

PoTMS

More like a nightmare. RM in the CL is an entirely different beast and you're, by far, not equipped to face them.
We're probably going to be the worst team left in the competition if we do make it through. But Madrid are definitely one of the weaker teams left so they would be seen as a "favourable" draw compared to the alternatives e.g. City, Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea. Only the winners of the Juventus-Villarreal tie are definitely weaker than Madrid.

BorisManUtd

That last 20 minutes of the game showed the difference between 2 clubs. Real Madrid have a winning mentality, they demolished PSG even though they were worse team for 3 of 4 halves. Benzema is great player.

LiquidSnake

This game reminds me of the Lennox Lewis trainer telling him : "just jab, jab the motherf*cker, the simpliest shit in the book".

Real Madrid didnt do anything special just grits, an appetite for pressing (even lost causes), occupation of the whole width, good subs that unlocked Modric... Then you just have to hope for an error, that doubt comes to PSG, the Bernabeu singing and you go from there.

Also helped by the 2nd half adjustment to cut the lane to Mbappé but that was just an obvious and basic strategy helped by PSG players being inept.

Pintu

An incredible night. Imagine when the stadium is complete.
Now to enjoy reading articles and compliments. A little autofellatio never hurts.
And this is the best :drool: :
That sounds like bs. I saw an interview with Leonardo, he seemed very calm and composed.

Pintu

More like a nightmare. RM in the CL is an entirely different beast and you're, by far, not equipped to face them.
There are 3 opponents much worse than Real (City, Pool and Bayern). And Chelsea I'd say is on the same level. The other 2 potential adversaries (Winner of Juve Villareal and winner of Ajax Benfica) would be the better draw.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No one credible has reported it either.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That sounds like bs. I saw an interview with Leonardo, he seemed very calm and composed.
No idea, but Cope is a good source, and they also say the same at Chiringuito, Cadena Ser or Movistar

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Did Cadena ser and Movistar report this? That the police was needed?
SER said that they came down very nervous screaming and shouting, that someone from Madrid was recording and told him "I'm going to kill you" (Khelaifi)
Movistar says the same thing, in this case they say they had to call security to calm him down(they don´t name Leonardo).
I imagine that tomorrow it will be clear whether it was the police or security, but it seems that something did happen in the referees' locker room.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm really happy for you guys (well it helped that I probably dislike no other team as much as PSG) :)

See you in the quarter finals ;)
Thank you very much, I would love to play against Bayern in the quarterfinals

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
An incredible night. Imagine when the stadium is complete.
Now to enjoy reading articles and compliments. A little autofellatio never hurts.
And this is the best :drool: :
The best kind of win, so devastating it literally ruins the life of the losers :drool: :drool: :drool:

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Haha, surely you feel a bit dirty now
For most Bayern fans Real is like the biggest rivalry on an international level. So many great matches, big wins and equally big losses... I don't think I will ever forget Makaays goal after 10 seconds haha.

I also really like your current team, I can't think of a single player I dislike. What football fan can dislike players such as Modric or Benzema? And of course I also love Alaba, such a great guy.
You are proven winners with a great mentality.
Such a contrast to the galacticos at the beginning of the 2000s.

I'd really like us to meet this year... Maybe not in the quarter finals but rather in the final :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Haha, surely you feel a bit dirty now
Yes, for sure. But, I mean, I even root for City over PSG since I cannot make them both lose...
I have nothing but respect for Real and you lost all the players that are easy to hate.

Bayern vs Real is the European „Classico“ for me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I also would like to play you in the final because it's the only way we could beat you :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, for sure. But, I mean, I even root for City over PSG since I cannot make them both lose...
I have nothing but respect for Real and you lost all the players that are easy to hate.

Bayern vs Real is the European „Classico“ for me.
For most Bayern fans Real is like the biggest rivalry on an international level. So many great matches, big wins and equally big losses... I don't think I will ever forget Makaays goal after 10 seconds haha.

I also really like your current team, I can't think of a single player I dislike. What football fan can dislike players such as Modric or Benzema? And of course I also love Alaba, such a great guy.
You are proven winners with a great mentality.
Such a contrast to the galacticos at the beginning of the 2000s.

I'd really like us to meet this year... Maybe not in the quarter finals but rather in the final :D
For me, Bayern has always been the great rival. I did not experience Juanito's stomp on Matthaus, but I did experience the great games of the late 90s. They were very cool with statements the previous weeks. Hoeness, Salihadmidcic, Kahn, Effenberg... They were people with character. There is a very famous Marca cover where Khan appears with the face full of mud and the text "this is the enemy".
I think the recent games have lost a bit of that spice.
I like/liked Lucas Hernández a lot from your squad. Since he left la liga I don´t know very well how is playing, and Kimmich, who I think is the only player who could be a worthy substitute for Modric on a creative level, it's a shame he has renewed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For me, Bayern has always been the great rival.
In Europe yeah, there is no one else like them. Our timing didn't really mesh with milan's or liverpool's, while bayern were a constant across the decades

Blackwidow

The funny thing is that everybody raves about the talents it is the older ones that are delivering...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Alright, enough with the Bayern-Real love fest! :mad:
I, personally, wanted you out in ignonimy at the deplorable inept hands of fecking PSG, because they'd never win it anyway. Now I can't rest until another fecking Real CL win is off the table!
Rant end, pleasantries may resume.

joedirt87

UEFA must be furious they won't get the chance to fix Messi vs Ronaldo a 2nd time.

Foxbatt

Guardian headline. VAR denies Jesus. I am sure many have denied Jesus many times long before VAR.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Football unpredictability, a sociological approach