Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Is there any other team luckier than Real in the CL? costly mistakes by Ulreich, Karius, and now Donnarumma. Ramos last second equalizer, Griezmann missing penalty, Salah getting injured in the final, plenty of ref mistakes etc. etc. It is crazy how many times they have been saved just when you think it is all over for Real. Completely the opposite for Juve :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well this one's easy. The CL is our birthright :D fate will always be on our side :lol:

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Well this one's easy. The CL is our birthright :D fate will always be on our side :lol:
It just shows how hard it is to win the CL number of times in a row, seems impossible to achieve without significant luck :lol:
But that's what these top teams like Real are known for, plenty of dramatic moments in their history at the top stage...

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is there any other team luckier than Real in the CL? costly mistakes by Ulreich, Karius, and now Donnarumma. Ramos last second equalizer, Griezmann missing penalty, Salah getting injured in the final, plenty of ref mistakes etc. etc. It is crazy how many times they have been saved just when you think it is all over for Real. Completely the opposite for Juve :lol:
Well, you don't normally remember episodes of bad luck against if your own team ends up winning or if, in case you lose, your club tends to be more critical on their own players than the rest of teams do. But maybe that's me thinking others are biased while being biased too.

Regarding luck, yes it plays a big role, but this club has played 9 semifinals since 2011, so that kind of consistency certainly helps.

Stig

I only got to watch the first half yesterday, but the way Real Madrid came out of the blocks with their speed, pressing and commitment - I had simply forgotten that football could be like that. It is probably what Ralf imagined for us. But their skill levels, both teams, and RM's commitment was, for me, something to behold.

I hadn't realized what a very poor team we had really become until I saw RM in the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Eye opening.

NoPace

I only got to watch the first half yesterday, but the way Real Madrid came out of the blocks with their speed, pressing and commitment - I had simply forgotten that football could be like that. It is probably what Ralf imagined for us. But their skill levels, both teams, and RM's commitment was, for me, something to behold.

I hadn't realized what a very poor team we had really become until I saw RM in the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Eye opening.
Yeah there's been a few games in the CL and the Prem where you can see how miles off we are. Impossible to imagine McTominay and Wan-Bissaka and Maguire in particular surviving 2 legs against this sort of quality.

I did think Benzema clearly fouled Donnarumma and PSG would probably have gone through if the ref hadn't done the weird "goalie had a bad touch so it's fine to foul him" thing.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You forgot Nani's sending off when Ronaldo came back and we should/would have beat them if not for going down to 10 men that night.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So, four games left.

Going to go with the final 8 being:

City
Dippers
Real
Bayern
Juventus
AM
Ajax
Chelsea

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I want Chelsea in the QF. These feckers denied us our BIRTHRIGHT last year. Such insult cannot go unaswered! :devil:

...and if they beat us again I can join the long line of british fans wishing bankruptcy on them :lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I want Chelsea in the QF. These feckers denied us our BIRTHRIGHT last year. Such insult cannot go unaswered! :devil:

...and if they beat us again I can join the long line of british fans wishing bankruptcy on them :lol:
You do owe them. Haven't they beaten you every time you've played them in a competitive match?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Here
We
Go!

Predictions? Ajax-Benfica 3-1, United-Atletico 2-1 aET, Lille-Chelsea 0-0, Juventus-Villarreal 2-1.

ti vu

Can't risk you guy continue your abysmal record against Chelsea. Please take on Liverpool instead. RM is our biggest hope to stop their Quadruple. :wenger:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can't risk you guy continue your abysmal record against Chelsea. Please take on Liverpool instead. RM is our biggest hope to stop their Quadruple. :wenger:
'Abysmal record' is just 5 competitive games in literally all of history and two of them were draws.

MrEleson

Apart from last season, when did RM last play Chelsea in a competitive game? Surely must’ve been decades ago?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apart from last season, when did RM last play Chelsea in a competitive game? Surely must’ve been decades ago?
Two games in early 70's, one game in the late 90's and the two games last season.

OneWhoKnocks

How are we feeling United fans? Atletico haven’t been the defensive stalwarts they once were and I hope momentum can be built off of the Spurs win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool would beat us

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Potentially a fantastic match up tonight in Ajax vs Benfica

Just seen that the 1st leg had 28 shots and 9 corners between both sides. Looks like this will be a goal fest, especially when you take into consideration Ajax (and Benfica) have been leaking more than a teenage boy with an OnlyFans subscription. I mean fair enough Cambuur are a high scoring side, there's no shame in Ajax conceding two goals to them, but generally speaking; I think its a concern for them the way they've been conceding goals as of late. I expect Haller to get a goal or two, and I expect Benfica to score.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Liverpool would beat us
Nah, you are going through against Liverpool.
Ancelotti has an edge over Klopp. Lost only twice against him.
Same with Real vs Liverpool. Last 5 h2h, 4 wins and a draw for your team

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You know Ronaldo's going to score tonight. He'll be pumped up like a madman again. Fred and Sancho are doing the business. Bruno on the bench at the very least. Hopefully Maguire sitting this one out and we should be good. OT will be rocking tonight. Can't wait.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Fred playing with plenty of flair today, you'd swear he was a Brazilian.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Elanga trying to win a cheap free kick there. Atletico look good when they’re not trying to pass in their own half. Trash when they do that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax with a dominant 1st half but no goal yet. All Dutch people know how this story ends.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Elanga trying to win a cheap free kick there. Atletico look good when they’re not trying to pass in their own half. Trash when they do that.
Def not a foul on Elanga but the Fred one probably was. Still United asleep for the following 20 seconds, if they'd run back and played to the whistle might have stopped the overlap.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There was a gigantic penalty for United on Bruno

Goal was fine

Come on bicho, do your thing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There was a gigantic penalty for United on Bruno

Goal was fine

Come on bicho, do your thing
Don’t think it was a penalty, from the angles I saw it looked like a good (albeit insanely risky) challenge from the full back.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don’t think it was a penalty, from the angles I saw it looked like a good (albeit insanely risky) challenge from the full back.
But he didnt win the ball or touch it? It was given as a goalkick and came off Brunos shin

SirMonteyne

Bruno's positioning at 9 is very bad, making no smart runs at all. Having issue with creating chances and spaces, Ronaldo must stay front. He is getting exhausted before he gets single chance.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe then! Im not sure now :lol:
Think it's still unclear - also worth remembering that they can't swap a goal kick for a corner. Personally I thought the defender won the ball which is why it wasn't a penalty, but because it was given as a goal kick on the pitch they can't correct that via VAR.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Bruno Fernandes drives me insane, such a cry baby, whinge bag. Pathetic.