Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

padr81

Supports
Man City
I hate them so much. Horrible to play against.
Its almost admirable in a time where its all high press and possession that they're like feck that we'll kick people and Pulis it with world class players.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think we are the worst so called top team while playing at home.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Simeone himself was a hugely talented player who could have been another Redondo but instead chose to be a more cultured Vinnie Jones

Basicallt his entire view of football can be summed up with "feck playing football, i want to kick people!"

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
United are so underwhelming in the UCL in general.

Some clubs can turn up on UCL nights even if they're shite throughout the season.

But United just seem to go out with a whimper. UCL doesn't seem to be in their DNA

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Simeone getting absolutely pelted.
Did he do something on the touchline to deserve that ? Except coaching his team to be the most annoying team in the universe.

Nick7

Did he do something on the touchline to deserve that ? Except coaching his team to be the most annoying team in the universe.
Think that’s about it. Most frustrating cnuts in football to play against.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ajax you had one job you twats. How the feck did we lose to them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
UEFA tried to screw us out of playing Benfica but as always, reality revolves around Real Madrid so we will get to play Benfica in the QF now

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool spanking Benfica in the quarters then on their way to the Quad. Sigh.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ref aside, Uniteds absolute lack of effort off the ball is criminal. Two or three times when a decision didn't go their way instead of running back they started giving out to the (incompetent) ref. Play to the whistle and then give the ref a bollocking like everyone else. McTominay doesn't work hard enough for a no.6, its weird to see Keane constantly say "learning his trade" then lambast Fred who is twice the player.

Honest United need a massive rebuild, 5-600m wasted pounds in that squad.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry to say but we played Benfica in the group and they were pretty good. They have changed managers since though haven't they?
Yes. They played well in the CL under Jesus but were a disaster in the league. They've been slightly less of a disaster domestically since the change but nowhere near title-contesting form. Hands up though, really didn't think they had a prayer in this tie so credit to them.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sorry to say but we played Benfica in the group and they were pretty good. They have changed managers since though haven't they?
They have but they are awful. Sporting and Porto ran through them 2x each this Season with relative ease. I thought Ajax were better then this.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Referee was absolutely terrible but his decisions killed our momentum rather than stop us winning, we did that ourselves. That second half was pretty unforgivable, even if we were being drawn into Atletico’s games. There’s a reason they won’t get past the next round and teams like Bayern and Liverpool will, ruthlessness trumps shithousing and we had every chance to score tonight and didn’t take it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yes. They played well in the CL under Jesus but were a disaster in the league. They've been slightly less of a disaster domestically since the change but nowhere near title-contesting form. Hands up though, really didn't think they had a prayer in this tie so credit to them.
They have but they are awful. Sporting and Porto ran through them 2x each this Season with relative ease. I thought Ajax were better then this.
I think when we played the first group leg against them (2nd CL group match day?) they were on a run of 10 wins in a row or something like that. So you can consider me surprised that quite apparently the wheels came off after that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nice to see Utd out but feck me please not Atlético for us in the QF. Even against our biggest rivals those cnuts make my blood boil.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
He kept his cool to the end and as usual going mental when the whistle blows when his teams win. It’s his MO. That and the constant fouling and diving by his players when they’re up in a match will frustrate any set of supporters.

Ludens the Red

Ffs Benfica going through is annoying. Potential walkover opponent for city and Liverpool. Ajax are far better. How the feck have they lost that?

SportingCP96

Supports
I am willing to bet Atlético face Benfica in the QF

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
United played a good first half.

Second half especially last 30 minutes they rushed it too much. Needed cool heads and patience.

The substitutes did not make any sense. Ruined the balance totally. United were poor after the subs. Rashford, Cavani and Pogba did not add anything.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
On second look, the goal is on Elanga alone. There's a chain of small mistakes across the entire defence, but those are the kind that happen. Elanga not actually doing his job and tracking back is what costs them the goal

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What the hell ajax, my benfica mates are unbearable right now on whatsapp.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is this the most disappointing post-Fergie season for United? There was a lot of talk about challenging for the title in the summer with the three players who came in, but they could end up with no trophy and no Champions League next season now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Also, typical United, turning Oblak back into a top goalkeeper

Raw

Is this the most disappointing post-Fergie season for United? There was a lot of talk about challenging for the title in the summer with the three players who came in, but they could end up with no trophy and no Champions League next season now.
Quite easily. Post Mourinho at least had some hope that he might have been the issue. This time? Nope. It's the whole fecking lot. A complete mess from top to bottom that's going to take ages to fix while you lot and City sweep all the trophies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Quite easily. Post Mourinho at least had some hope that he might have been the issue. This time? Nope. It's the whole fecking lot. A complete mess from top to bottom that's going to take ages to fix while you lot and City sweep all the trophies.
You're made up of players signed or brought through from the academy under multiple managers which doesn't help. You need a long term plan for the next 4-5 seasons to allow a manager to build like Klopp and Guardiola have.