Television Charlie Brooker's Wipe

Brophs

The One and Only
I hope none of you cnuts send me a torrent link to it. I'd flip out, I really would.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Watching this has made me realise how little tv I watched this year. That 'Superstar - Andrew Lloyd Webber' programme looks completely retarded and awful.

Barry Shitpeas and Doug Stanhope great as usual.

Sally Cinnamon

Caught a bit of it. Pissed myself at Doug Stanhope talking about the Grand National. "feck them!"

Drifter

American
Charlie Brooker is returning to TV screens with a new topical show on BBC Two.

The Screen Wipe funnyman will host six-part series Weekly Wipe, where he will cast his satirical eye over the latest developments in the world of news, politics and culture.

He said of the show: "Every week we'll be looking at TV, games, 'things in the ether', the online world, and anything and everything in-between. And if we need to pad the show out a bit, we'll probably review egg whisks too."

Each programme will include celebrity guests, topical discussion and archive footage. There will also be contributions from US comedian Doug Stanhope.

Weekly Wipe launches on January 31 at 10pm

Happy days.

Cina

I've never really been a fan of his live stuff, but it does sound promising.

Quinton Fortune

Can't wait for this! He's got to be my favourite bloke on the box. Points out the simple things that once you get them can ruin things forever. Also like that he doesn't take himself to seriously and is constantly pointing out that even though all these other shows have flaws he is guilty of most of them himself.

Brophs

The One and Only
Some twat's after sending me the link to the torrent. The internet has really let its standards drop.

Brophs

The One and Only
D'you not get iPlayer on teddy bear Island Broe-phs?
Nope. The content is inaccessible over here and I forgot to Sky+ it. We get the farming channel between 10am and 2pm, though, so swings and roundabouts.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I thought it was going to be quite different form Screenwipe but it's exactly the same really, which is fine by me.

The only new thing was the interview/chat thing with the guy from Pointless and some woman.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Which was easily the least interesting thing about it. Was Screenwipe weekly? If so, why isn't this just Screenwipe?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Missed the first one but saw the second one just now. Thought it was very funny, laughed out loud a lot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Love Weekly Wipe, has me laughing out loud constantly. He's pretty spot on about everything too, glad he picked on that stupid Dulux advert on this one.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I thought it was brilliant this week. Lots more laughs than previous episodes. I like how he knows no one is fussed about the interview thing each week.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's still good but it's missing the segments that used to deconstruct the making of tv so well. It seems now to have more structure but less ideas. Maybe the maladjusted outisder is a less credible character, when you're married to a glamorous Blue Peter presenter. Charlie Brooker is still funny but how scabrous can you really be, when you had a hand in the making of 10 Oclock Live.

Points off of you is a really poor idea. Surely it's established wisdom that comment sections, are the web equivalant of toilet wall graffiti. Highlighting the inanity of something that is inherently throwaway, is itself inane. Good to see Tim Key and Doug Stanhope back though.

RedMist99

It's still good but it's missing the segments that used to deconstruct the making of tv so well. It seems now to have more structure but less ideas. Maybe the maladjusted outisder is a less credible character, when you're married to a glamorous Blue Peter presenter. Charlie Brooker is still funny but how scabrous can you really be, when you had a hand in the making of 10 Oclock Live.

Points off of you is a really poor idea. Surely it's established wisdom that comment sections, are the web equivalant of toilet wall graffiti. Highlighting the inanity of something that is inherently throwaway, is itself inane. Good to see Tim Key and Doug Stanhope back though.
Can't argue with this at all

RedMist99

Cheers!

Tonights viewing shall be Match of the Day, followed by 2013 Wipe, followed by How Video Games Changed the World

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Gotta say, I don't get Philomena Cunk at all. Far too much of her and Shitpeas for me. Give us pure Brooker, straight into the veins.