Television Charlie Brooker's Wipe

Scrumpet

There are no words
I hope there's a big list somewhere of his descriptions of the party leaders. "Harrowing adult baby, David Cameron" might be the best yet.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anyone watch the Election Wipe yet?

How was it? Need to wait till after my exam tomorrow but might just feck it and stick it on now.

Sweet Square

Standard Brooker stuff. Broke down what happened well and made some jokes in the process.
Yep as you've said pretty standard stuff(Only manage to watch half of it). Still think Brooker's at his best when talking about less serious/news subject. The early stuff of screenwipe where he would take about the editing process's and the ins and outs of tv was his strongest stuff.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Enjoyed it. Much prefer his specials (I'm thinking end of the year ones - can't remember if he's done anything else before) to his current program.

Rather he made two decent programs a year than what feels a half arsed, rushed show, lacking in material to satirise.

Silva

He did a video game special called 'How Video Games Changed The World' for channel 4 if you're into that kind of thing. I'm with Sweet Square though, prefer it when he's pointing out the nitty-gritty of the media industry.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He did a video game special called 'How Video Games Changed The World' for BBC4 if you're into that kind of thing. I'm with Sweet Square though, prefer it when he's pointing out the nitty-gritty of the media industry.
Oh, yeah. I liked that - I know feck all about games and it was actually quite informative.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Think I may start to use Cameron's walk away tactic when I'm asked questions at work, just have a prepared soundbite and get the hell out of there.
:lol:That would make my life so much easier too.

I like Brooker, but still not sure about him on TV. His TV go Home website back in the day was genius at times and loved him in the Guide on Saturdays, but never been convinced by the TV stuff. @DiseaseOfTheAge and @Silva loved his comment about the Green party's manifesto not being available in 'dead tree format' so you have to access it through factory-made computers powered by electricity.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Did anyone watch the hour long election wipe? It was from before the result but it's still absolutely brilliant. On iPlayer for anyone that wants to catch it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Cunk's section is usually meh but I quite enjoyed it last night. Good episode overall.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Loved the comparison of Jez C in the Labour Leadership race to Chantelle going into Celebrity Big Brother. :lol:

Untied

It was great, but even darker than usual. Thanks 2015, hopefully next year is better.

Drifter

American
Missed it ,but can't get access to iplayer .Apparently BBC online as been cyber attacked.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Donald Trump is like if Frankie Boyle decided to use his powers for evil. :lol:

Agreed with @Untied though, it was a bit too dark and low on the laughs. Charlie seems even more miserable than normal.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Donald Trump is like if Frankie Boyle decided to use his powers for evil. :lol:

Agreed with @Untied though, it was a bit too dark and low on the laughs. Charlie seems even more miserable than normal.
You could kind of tell it was going to be dark from the moment he started playing the first Paris attacks for laughs. Really enjoyed it though...the section on feminism was really good.

LARulz

"Biological car crash" :lol: Was good, and agree it was dark but some things you can't avoid I guess

Ivor Ballokov

Great as usual, it's a real pity that channel 4 thing with David Mitchell was such a car crash because we could do with more of this kind of thing.

Diane Morgan is great too, and as a feminist I feel comfortable saying I totally would have sex with her.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Really enjoyed that, good laugh. Watched it with 3 French friends who didn't know much about most of the topics talked about but they enjoyed it a lot as well.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Could've made a fecking 12-part series with the amount of stuff they'll have this year.:lol: