Television Charlie Brooker's Wipe

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Hopefully he'll debunk the myth that he secretly wrote the screenplay for 2016 to make the end of year wipe easier.

Runner

Hope i can find a torrent of this.. to report it to the proper authorities.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's already hurting. Too good.

Dan

Ohh god that Naked Attraction programme, I thought I wiped that from my mind.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just made me sad and scared all over again.

They absolutely love Cunk now, which is a tad annoying for me, as I find her tedious in large doses.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just made me sad and scared all over again.

They absolutely love Cunk now, which is a tad annoying for me, as I find her tedious in large doses.
That's just put me off watching this. I like Brooker, but find her irritating.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
That's just put me off watching this. I like Brooker, but find her irritating.
There's probably only 2 in the main show that I remember - Right at the beginning and right at the end. But they also gave her her own half hour show just after, which was certainly "dumb thing said to camera with a straight face" overload for me. You can probably tolerate Screenwipe on its own. Though there may have been a cheeky 3rd Cunk in the middle somewhere, I tend to zone out.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's probably only 2 in the main show that I remember - Right at the beginning and right at the end. But they also gave her her own half hour show just after, which was certainly "dumb thing said to camera with a straight face" overload for me. You can probably tolerate Screenwipe on its own. Though there may have been a cheeky 3rd Cunk in the middle somewhere, I tend to zone out.
I can handle two. Probably.

Blind

I think the format's dead, it was always on the cards.

Laphroaig

The good news (or bad news depending on POV) is we’ve just delivered CUNK ON BRITAIN (a 5-part history of our glorious nation starring Philomena) to the BBC, and that will be on *soon* ... (Just to add, Cunk on Britain covers the WHOLE of British history from the Big Bang to Brexit. In five half-hourly chunks.)
Brilliant news.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
She's alright in small doses, but yeah, as a general rule of thumb giving an entire program to someone who's one character trait is that they're a bit dim probably isn't a good idea. And I say that as someone who does think she's fairly funny in the odd segment.

Brophs

The One and Only
There was a definite drop in quality in S3 of Black Mirror (albeit still really good) so anything that keeps his focus on that has to be good.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There was a definite drop in quality in S3 of Black Mirror (albeit still really good) so anything that keeps his focus on that has to be good.
Think it very much varied. One or two episodes were superb but then a couple of the others were among the weakest yet.

Sweet Square

I think the format's dead, it was always on the cards.
It just ended up turning into a funny version of the Daily Show/The whatever thing Stephen Colbert is doing now. Some decent one liners but that's about it(I've always Brooker at his best when he's talking about the way tv works be hide the camera).

Last edited:

Ivor Ballokov

Yeah he was on Lauren Laverne's 6music show recently and pretty much said the same.

He did mention Diane Morgan possibly doing it/something similar in the future but it sounded pretty vague.