Television Charlie Brooker's Wipe

Scrumpet

There are no words
I've come round to liking philomena in her usual role but sending her out on some Ali g style adventure is a strange decision. I thought the limmy chap part was funny even if it seemed a little out of place.

They got rid of the interview segment that none of us liked.

Plugsy

Brooker's only on his own show for about 12 bloody minutes. Surely those talking head things between those two people that pretend to be a bit thick is unfunny. They get the wrong end of the stick about things. We get it!

That guy in bed.....maybe it'll grow.

That woman doing the thing about time was just infuriating.

It's as if Brooker is becoming merely a cameo guest on his own show. They either think the other material is brilliant (feck knows how) or they're struggling for content. I'd rather have an hour long 'Monthly Wipe' if that's the case

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Limmy's great, but he's one of those love or hate people. You've got to get used to him a bit. If you're not on board with it, I'd imagine you'd hate him.

So far the stuff he's doing on this isn't very good.

alastair

ignorant
This normally excellent show has been poor this time round.

Essentially, as has been said, Brooker himself doesn't actually appear on it that much and some of the other elements of the show. That Limmy is just absolutely dire. Not remotely funny. Barry Shitpeas is still very good but to get the woman out doing pieces on time and crime has just taken it too far and isn't very good.

It's a shame. They need to get it back to basics.

Mockney

Shitpeas is a joke stretched too far. It didn't need a companion piece, and it certainly doesn't need to cover the same topics as Brooker (which happened last night with Benefits Street)

NewDawnFades

Limmy's Russell Brand bit was one of the best he's done since Limmy's show started, fecking hilarious. Always a bit hit and miss in the sketch show but this was a beast. The over-analysing psycho character he used for a lot of his youtube videos was right on form.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think this season has been quite hit and miss. Shitpeas and Cunk both feel like they're being totally overplayed, particularly Cunk's out-n-about pieces. Also, as Mockney said, Shitpeas' routine this week wasn't that different to Brooker's. That seemed a bit odd. I liked Limmy's bit but again I'm not sure how many times I could watch what seems to be a pretty samey routine.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Loved the new one. Philomena is great and I'm glad there was no Limmy or the American guy, never liked them.

Sally Cinnamon

The 2014 wipe was absolutely hilarious.

That Ukraine bit were he remixed it and added in his own instruments :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cracked up at the bit about Miliband shifting uncomfortably in a still photograph. :lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
New series' nice but where's Stanhope?
His segments probably would have usually been filmed around the time he was in Australia doing his recent tour down there. He has a few things going at the moment so he probably couldn't fit it in.

Sweet Square

New series' nice but where's Stanhope?
It really misses Stanhope as his segments would have a totally different view then the show as a whole and most of the time Stanhope seem to be trying to actively piss off the people watching the show.

Which I always thought was great, as theses types of shows(The Daily Show,The Colbert Report,Have I Got News For You and the one with John Oliver) have a tendency to turn into a bit of a wank fest where everyone spends most of the time giving themselves a good old shake and then spending the down time pointing out how stupid Fox News is, which isn't a bad thing but hardly makes good comedy/satire.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It really misses Stanhope as his segments would have a totally different view then the show as a whole and most of the time Stanhope seem to be trying to actively piss off the people watching the show.

Which I always thought was great, as theses types of shows(The Daily Show,The Colbert Report,Have I Got News For You and the one with John Oliver) have a tendency to turn into a bit of a wank fest where everyone spends most of the time giving themselves a good old shake and then spending the down time pointing out how stupid Fox News is, which isn't a bad thing but hardly makes good comedy/satire.
John Oliver doesn't really do that though, I mean it's still early days as he's only done his first season, but I thought it was quite different from the daily shows and had quite a bit of depth to the subjects he decided to look into. And not just criticizing Fox News or other news outlets (I'm sure he talked about the media now and again but that was hardly his main topic of criticism).

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
John Oliver doesn't really do that though, I mean it's still early days as he's only done his first season, but I thought it was quite different from the daily shows and had quite a bit of depth to the subjects he decided to look into. And not just criticizing Fox News or other news outlets (I'm sure he talked about the media now and again but that was hardly his main topic of criticism).
Yup, John Oliver doesn't do that. I really enjoyed his show tbh, didn't think I would like it that much, quite like how he covers stories and goes into depth, can't wait for season 2.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Unfortunately yes, she just came second in Celebrity Big Brother. Sometime there just are no words......
Oh come on, wise up a bit, she's not for real. She's a troll paid by various media sources to come up with the most shocking, antagonistic or down right ridiculous view point possible to get the swathes of people up and down the country itching for something to be offended by into a frenzy.

She's the personification of provocative click bait.

One of her features on This Morning was how common she thought naming children after places was. Brooklyn, London, Sydney... Her child is called India. The whole of Facebook was up in arms about how stupid she was for having this viewpoint when her daughter is named after a place... So stupid that she cashed a nice fat cheque for the 10 minute interview and went away to think about what else might offend and get her more coverage.

All the while people are complaining about her, mentioning her on Twitter and Facebook, increasing her profile and insuring she stays in the spotlight.

When the act gets a bit old and tired she will tone it down, be a loveable rogue and take her seat on the panel of loose women for the next 20 years.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Oh come on, wise up a bit, she's not for real. She's a troll paid by various media sources to come up with the most shocking, antagonistic or down right ridiculous view point possible to get the swathes of people up and down the country itching for something to be offended by into a frenzy.

She's the personification of provocative click bait.

One of her features on This Morning was how common she thought naming children after places was. Brooklyn, London, Sydney... Her child is called India. The whole of Facebook was up in arms about how stupid she was for having this viewpoint when her daughter is named after a place... So stupid that she cashed a nice fat cheque for the 10 minute interview and went away to think about what else might offend and get her more coverage.

All the while people are complaining about her, mentioning her on Twitter and Facebook, increasing her profile and insuring she stays in the spotlight.

When the act gets a bit old and tired she will tone it down, be a loveable rogue and take her seat on the panel of loose women for the next 20 years.
Yeah I know all that and agree with everything except "she's a troll" I actually think she is a complete fake, but none the less, you got it spot on.

Mockney

Stanhope is brilliant, admittedly, but his absence is small fry really. He was only a Wipe regular for a short time (2 series out of the format's run of about 8 or 9) and pretty recently, and he was initially just a replacement for Lewis Black anyway. One of the Wipe series' strengths is that it's changed up its contributors regularly. Plus he's a fairly big deal now, so it was always gonna be a feat to get him back.

There seems to be a split opinion on Morgana Robinson, but I thought her vlogging piss take was spot on. Not hilarious, but the best piss take I've seen of a thing that seriously deserves the piss taken out of it, at least. I've always thought she was a pretty good comic actress tbf (as those manic, larger than life and inevitably self loathing type of comics go) but she's never been in anything good that demonstrates it. I can see why she's marmite though. She'd be a terrifying person to be stuck in a lift with.

Cunk and Shitpeas are the ones that've run their course for me. Though as an ever present, it probably wouldn't be the same show without at least a little bit of Shitpeas. The guy that does the 60 second breakdown of daytime TV has grown on me too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Stanhope is brilliant, admittedly, but his absence is small fry really. He was only a Wipe regular for a short time (2 series out of the format's run of about 8 or 9) and pretty recently, and he was initially just a replacement for Lewis Black anyway. One of the Wipe series' strengths is that it's changed up its contributors regularly. Plus he's a fairly big deal now, so it was always gonna be a feat to get him back.

There seems to be a split opinion on Morgana Robinson, but I thought her vlogging piss take was spot on. Not hilarious, but the best piss take I've seen of a thing that seriously deserves the piss taken out of it, at least. I've always thought she was a pretty good comic actress tbf (as those manic, larger than life and inevitably self loathing type of comics go) but she's never been in anything good that demonstrates it. I can see why she's marmite though. She'd be a terrifying person to be stuck in a lift with.

Cunk and Shitpeas are the ones that've run their course for me. Though as an ever present, it probably wouldn't be the same show without at least a little bit of Shitpeas. The guy that does the 60 second breakdown of daytime TV has grown on me too.
Only seen his One Show one but he was good yeah.

Dante

Average bang
I'm just going through the first 3 episodes now. The Russell Brand parody was absolutely spot on.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I like the Barry Shitpeas sections, but they basically did the same joke in a different accent for Cunk. Then gave another section to her as well. Feels forced.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The best bit about those cutaways is simply the name 'Barry Shitpeas'. Other than that they drag on.