Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
There is no title hope.

Liverpool to lose 7 or 8 nil would be nice.
We will beat city at the Emptyhad
In all fairness I think we have more of a chance beating them tomorrow than United do away . In football though , who knows ?

manunited1919

Liverpool out of the Champs League places on goal difference if they lose tomorrow. We aren't winning the league so that will do nicely.
Yes, as much as I dislike both teams, nothing will stop City from being Champions, so let’s hope they soundly beat Liverpool tomorrow.

Rafateria

I was so looking forward to this, for weeks, prior to losing Coutinho. Couldn't wait for this match.

Now we have probably the strongest defence we've had all season (Gomez - Matip - VvD - Robertson will almost certainly be the starting back four) though I strongly doubt that it will be enough to stop City scoring even though we've only conceded 4 goals at home in the PL and they do score far fewer away from home than at Etihad. Crap GK behind them but that goes without saying.

Midfield is an issue but we have no choice but to go with Can and Wijnaldum (at least he's a homer) at CM. Most of the Liverpool journos are going with Oxlade in front of them, I'm torn between him and Lallana but Lallana is still returning from a long long layoff and looked fecked after 60 mins last week so I guess Oxlade to start and Lallana to come on for the last 20 mins for someone. Front three should be Mane-Firmino-Salah interchanging.

I'll go 2-2.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
In all fairness I think we have more of a chance beating them tomorrow than United do away . In football though , who knows ?
I'm clutching at straws mate. In my heart of hearts I think Liverpool will win.
A draw would be nice with a little scrap involving a few straight refs. Maybe salah clouting the ref for a 5 game ban :nervous:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feels like liverpool will smash city. 3-0 or 4-1

City just not sharp enough physically and mentally, tired from bristol. Liverpool in great form, at home, just need to show people they can live without coutinho...

They'll be flying. City won't have the energy to keep up

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Hoping for a Liverpool win only because the invincibility cloak of City needs to be desperately taken off. Sooner it happens better for the league as it'll provide other teams with confidence when playing against them. Right now opposition are beaten even before they're out on the pitch against them.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hoping for a Liverpool win only because the invincibility cloak of City needs to be desperately taken off. Sooner it happens better for the league as it'll provide other teams with confidence when playing against them. Right now opposition are beaten even before they're out on the pitch against them.
jog on

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Chelsea and united on 47 points, Liverpool and spurs on 44, arsenal on 39

2-4 could finish as any of those teams. We need our rivals to drop points. So why are you mugs cheering on Liverpool?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Feels like liverpool will smash city. 3-0 or 4-1

City just not sharp enough physically and mentally, tired from bristol. Liverpool in great form, at home, just need to show people they can live without coutinho...

They'll be flying. City won't have the energy to keep up
Which part of P22 W20 D2 L0 gives that away? We might well get beat but the reason definitely will not be because we aren’t sharp enough physically and mentally. We’ve come right through the Xmas period intact in all competitions and suddenly a midweek game against Bristol means we won’t be able to move 5 days later. It’s probably our longest break between a game in a month.

beedoubleyou

I hope City win, I just can't stand Liverpool. I won't care too much either way really. Let's just hope for a few red cards on both sides.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hoping for a badly tempered draw at Wastelands later, hopefully with three or four red cards to key players. A mass brawl at the end that results in additional suspensions would be wonderful.

Peanut Butter

Hoping for a badly tempered draw at Wastelands later, hopefully with three or four red cards to key players. A mass brawl at the end that results in additional suspensions would be wonderful.
It's at Anfield.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which part of P22 W20 D2 L0 gives that away? We might well get beat but the reason definitely will not be because we aren’t sharp enough physically and mentally. We’ve come right through the Xmas period intact in all competitions and suddenly a midweek game against Bristol means we won’t be able to move 5 days later. It’s probably our longest break between a game in a month.
When was the last time you looked genuinely great against decent opposition? You've looked off the pace for a while now, your talent saw you through. Talent won't be enough against liverpool at anfield, you'd need to be at your best physically and mentally, and you haven't looked it in a while. The bristol game where you had to expend more energy than you wanted on tuesday also means liverpool are better rested for this game

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
When was the last time you looked genuinely great against decent opposition? You've looked off the pace for a while now, your talent saw you through. Talent won't be enough against liverpool at anfield, you'd need to be at your best physically and mentally, and you haven't looked it in a while. The bristol game where you had to expend more energy than you wanted on tuesday also means liverpool are better rested for this game
Who do you class as decent opposition? I’d argue we’ve stepped up in EVERY game against decent opposition. We’ve beaten Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Napoli twice. Those are the 7 games this season so far I’d put in your category and we’ve won them all. Top players want the big games, so I’d expect an entirely different performance today than against, say, Watford in the last league game.

We could still get beat though. No doubt. Should be a great game either way. Really interested to see how Sterling performs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who do you class as decent opposition? I’d argue we’ve stepped up in EVERY game against decent opposition. We’ve beaten Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Napoli twice. Those are the 7 games this season so far I’d put in your category and we’ve won them all. Top players want the big games, so I’d expect an entirely different performance today than against, say, Watford in the last league game.

We could still get beat though. No doubt. Should be a great game either way. Really interested to see how Sterling performs.
Clearly I'm not getting my point across. I expect you will lose today, because liverpool are in much better form than you right now and play at home

If you were in the form of November, i'd have expected this to be Napoli-City redux. If you're at your best you win at Anfield. I don't think you're close enough to your best right now

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Clearly I'm not getting my point across. I expect you will lose today, because liverpool are in much better form than you right now and play at home

If you were in the form of November, i'd have expected this to be Napoli-City redux. If you're at your best you win at Anfield. I don't think you're close enough to your best right now
Fair enough.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city

City's best performances this season have mostly been in the biggest games. Fully expect them to be close to their best today and Liverpool will need to be on top form to get anything from the match.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
I was so looking forward to this, for weeks, prior to losing Coutinho. Couldn't wait for this match.

Now we have probably the strongest defence we've had all season (Gomez - Matip - VvD - Robertson will almost certainly be the starting back four) though I strongly doubt that it will be enough to stop City scoring even though we've only conceded 4 goals at home in the PL and they do score far fewer away from home than at Etihad. Crap GK behind them but that goes without saying.

Midfield is an issue but we have no choice but to go with Can and Wijnaldum (at least he's a homer) at CM. Most of the Liverpool journos are going with Oxlade in front of them, I'm torn between him and Lallana but Lallana is still returning from a long long layoff and looked fecked after 60 mins last week so I guess Oxlade to start and Lallana to come on for the last 20 mins for someone. Front three should be Mane-Firmino-Salah interchanging.

I'll go 2-2.
Looks like no VVD today. Tight hamstring

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I'm clutching at straws mate. In my heart of hearts I think Liverpool will win.
A draw would be nice with a little scrap involving a few straight refs. Maybe salah clouting the ref for a 5 game ban :nervous:
I hope we twat them. Lets be honest though . City are erm.. good. Possibly the best side since Liverpool 87/88.

* opens can of worms and scarpers *

Rajma

Conspiracy theory: Klopp realises the pressure on VVD would have been huge and if he's off to terrible start in a big profile game like this (which is more than likely with City's attack) - the media will be on the back of his waiving the price tag in no time, hence the hamstring injury. *Takes off tinfoil hat*

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I hope we twat them. Lets be honest though . City are erm.. good. Possibly the best side since Liverpool 87/88.

* opens can of worms and scarpers *
Mad to think that the squad were all local nations. Molby and Grobbelar the nearest thing to foreigners.

Look at it now

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Mad to think that the squad were all local nations. Molby and Grobbelar the nearest thing to foreigners.

Look at it now
So true. Three Scousers in the team aswell. Celtic's team who won the European Cup in 67 were all born within 20 miles from Park Head .

Unbelievable Jeff.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If Liverpool win they will be champions as they would be the only team to beat City.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Perfect! Now we'll hear if Liverpool lose how Van Dijk would have ensured a Liverpool victory!

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
We'll never see the likes again
Yep.

I think United were the last team to bring lots of local lads through in the early 90's . Since then it's becoming rare as only the odd on or two come through these days .

Status
Not open for further replies.