Chelsea 2017/18 thread - FA Cup Champs, League chumps

AshRK

Nah, it's too late. If we had a few more games this season we might have done it, but we are relying on Brighton getting a results at Liverpool (and that's assuming we beat them ourselves) or Spurs only winning 1 game in 4, would be a spectacular bottle job by one or the other if we get let in now.

Oh well, with the new era of the TV deals the financial pressure for top 4 isn't half as bad as it use to be, furthermore Kante, Zlatan, Pogba, Luiz, Lacazette and Auba in the last two years show you can still attract the player's even without CL.
I agree attracting players wont be a problem for Chelsea but the real problem.is Europa. Yes you lot finished 3rd and won it but now teams in PL have become more competitive and you have seen or saw with arsenal this season and United last season. Europa is a real pain in the ass.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nah, it's too late. If we had a few more games this season we might have done it, but we are relying on Brighton getting a results at Liverpool (and that's assuming we beat them ourselves) or Spurs only winning 1 game in 4, would be a spectacular bottle job by one or the other if we get let in now.

Oh well, with the new era of the TV deals the financial pressure for top 4 isn't half as bad as it use to be, furthermore Kante, Zlatan, Pogba, Luiz, Lacazette and Auba in the last two years show you can still attract the player's even without CL.
Only in the same way that I hope to find money on the street. It'd be great and it's not impossible but I don't think it will happen and won't be upset if it doesn't.
If Chelsea win their game in hand over Liverpool, then beat them at Stamford Bridge the following week, they will be level on points, making for an exciting final day of the season. Surely you must be more hopeful than you're letting on.

I'm about to have this recurring dream; Liverpool fall out of the top 4 on the final day of the season, then get get utterly obliterated in the CL final the following week.

More like a wet dream actually :drool:

Lj82

If Chelsea win their game in hand over Liverpool, then beat them at Stamford Bridge the following week, they will be level on points, making for an exciting final day of the season. Surely you must be more hopeful than you're letting on.

I'm about to have this recurring dream; Liverpool fall out of the top 4 on the final day of the season, then get get utterly obliterated in the CL final the following week.

Come on, Chelsea! Make this happen!! :drool::drool::drool:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

If Salah gets banned, then I might start to dream a bit, but it'd be silly to hope after all the stupid points we've thrown away this year. In all honesty, we don't really deserve to be there.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Only in the same way that I hope to find money on the street. It'd be great and it's not impossible but I don't think it will happen and won't be upset if it doesn't.
If Salah gets banned, then I might start to dream a bit, but it'd be silly to hope after all the stupid points we've thrown away this year. In all honesty, we don't really deserve to be there.
How about now, surely you must be feeling a little optimistic?

GeorgieBoy

Out of the 3 challengers for the other 2 spots, I really want Chelsea to get it the most.
Obviously don't want Liverpool getting there, but Spurs missing out would be hilarious given the media love in the past few seasons.

Bojan11

Liverpool will drop points to Brighton.

Chelsea will top it off by dropping points at Newcastle where they have a poor record and Benítez factor.

Kapardin

Out of the 3 challengers for the other 2 spots, I really want Chelsea to get it the most.
Obviously don't want Liverpool getting there, but Spurs missing out would be hilarious given the media love in the past few seasons.
I'd camp out on Delaney's twitter for a month, the idiot has been riding Pochettino's all season.

Alabaster Codify7

Man, it would be frigging hilarious if Liverpool lose out on top 4, and then lose to Madrid. Would be such a fantastic end to a drab season for us.

I don't think they will, but stranger things have happened - Klopp will definitely rest players for the final game.

Bojan11

Man, it would be frigging hilarious if Liverpool lose out on top 4, and then lose to Madrid. Would be such a fantastic end to a drab season for us.

I don't think they will, but stranger things have happened - Klopp will definitely rest players for the final game.
He won’t rest players.

Why would he do that? The final is two weeks away.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He won’t rest players.

Why would he do that? The final is two weeks away.
Liverpool play Brighton a week today and Real Madrid 6 days after that. There’s no question that a few of their key players would benefit massively from skipping preparations for Brighton, rejuvinating and preparing for the final.

They can’t afford to take their eye off the final game.

Bojan11

Liverpool play Brighton a week today and Real Madrid 6 days after that. There’s no question that a few of their key players would benefit massively from skipping preparations for Brighton, rejuvinating and preparing for the final.

They can’t afford to take their eye off the final game.
The final is on the 26th. They play Brighton on the 13th.

That’s not six days.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The final is on the 26th. They play Brighton on the 13th.

That’s not six days.
Oh sorry yeah it’s our final on the 19th. Doh.

Yeah that should be a long enough rest for the final then. I still think they will struggle with fatigue against Brighton like they clearly were today.

Bojan11

Fabregas is finished. Chelsea need a top midfielder alongside Kante.

But they were shocking tonight. Morata offers nothing.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Fabregas is finished. Chelsea need a top midfielder alongside Kante.

But they were shocking tonight. Morata offers nothing.
We weren’t shocking, what are you even talking about? We spent the last quarter of the game battering their goal.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think he's gone at the end of the season regardless of a CL finish or not.

dove

We weren’t shocking, what are you even talking about? We spent the last quarter of the game battering their goal.
:lol: Yeah, you battered their goal during that chaos 10s. Apart from that everything was blocked and cleared, don't remember goalkeeper making a save.

Bojan11

The Huddersfield keeper wasn’t making save after save or playing a blinder. He made one good save all game. You ran out of ideas on how to break them down.

Irrational.

So is this classed as a "Jose" season then? After being the Champions last year it has been a horrendous season for Conte and the gang.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some shocking purchases from Chelsea this season.

Bakayoko, Morata, Drinkwater, Barkley and Zappacosta, all so underwhelming.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Yeah, you battered their goal during that chaos 10s. Apart from that everything was blocked and cleared, don't remember goalkeeper making a save.
You mean apart from the fingertip save from Christiansens header that saved their asses? It was non-stop attacking for at least 20m, so spare me the bullshit.

Bogga

Wonder if Hazard and Courtois are there next season... We somehow got Poobag and managed to keep our best players despite only being able to offer EL. Will Chelsea be able to do the same?

Irrational.

Nah, a Jose season is 12th. 5th and a cup final is not great but it's better than that.

Still not good enough to save Conte's job though.
Okay half a Jose season then. :D

Yeah, fully expect him to go. His meltdown halfway through the season and some of his decision making has been very questionable. Who would you like to see replace him? There don't seem to be many outstanding candidates around if Allegri is off to Arsenal as rumoured.

dove

You mean apart from the fingertip save from Christiansens header that saved their asses? It was non-stop attacking for at least 20m, so spare me the bullshit.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Apart from that 10s of chaos, you created feck all.

Bojan11

Of course you were going to be attacking. Huddersfield were happy with the point and had 10 men behind the ball. You needed to win the game.

Loublaze

ATLien
Chelsea are shit. Conte got what he deserved for developing such a big head after his flying start

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Okay half a Jose season then. :D

Yeah, fully expect him to go. His meltdown halfway through the season and some of his decision making has been very questionable. Who would you like to see replace him? There don't seem to be many outstanding candidates around if Allegri is off to Arsenal as rumoured.
I honestly have no idea. THere's talk of Sarri but I don't really know anything about him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Massively underachieved this season when you consider their squad.

Alonso, Kante, Azpi, Hazard, Willian would walk into our side.