g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Chelsea 2017/18 thread - FA Cup Champs, League chumps

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So much for Conte not having Mourinho season. Well not quite. Still fecking shit, though.

Roman is going to be pushing that wig back.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How much would Chelsea have to pay if they sack him? Don't think it'll come to that as it's obvious Conte wants to leave himself(been obvious since August), but still

Djemba-Djemba

How much would Chelsea have to pay if they sack him? Don't think it'll come to that as it's obvious Conte wants to leave himself(been obvious since August), but still
Think his contract runs out in the Summer anyway.

Probably why they haven't got rid of him by now.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Chelsea is a bigger attraction than Arsenal nowadays for managers. They are very good at selling players for a premium to fund a new manager's transfer plans. Their loan army usually brings in enough money for an extra signing.

Chelsea also have a better team than Arsenal to build from.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think his contract runs out in the Summer anyway.

Probably why they haven't got rid of him by now.
Nope. After that fracas in august chelsea made him sign a new contract with massive incentives to stay during the season(read: breaking it off would cost a fortune, for either party). An attempt to salvage an unsalvageable situation, understood by all parties involved. The only chance Conte would have stayed on beyond this season was a deep CL run(and CL qualification). The only chance Chelsea would have kept him beyond this season was another PL title/CL win

Conte's post game interview summed up "i really fecking hope they sack me so i get paid to not be here"

Great manager, but he's a right turbocnut.

Guy Incognito

With the Europa next season it might be a tall order to get back into the CL. Not denying a new manager could work his magic and get the club as high as third, but you'd think City and United will improve next season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nope. After that fracas in august chelsea made him sign a new contract with massive incentives to stay during the season(read: breaking it off would cost a fortune, for either party). An attempt to salvage an unsalvageable situation, understood by all parties involved. The only chance Conte would have stayed on beyond this season was a deep CL run(and CL qualification). The only chance Chelsea would have kept him beyond this season was another PL title/CL win

Conte's post game interview summed up "i really fecking hope they sack me so i get paid to not be here"

Great manager, but he's a right turbocnut.
He signed a new contract but didn't extend it (just a raise). It runs out in summer 2019.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yes, sherlock.

So praising the team for attacking when the other team has 10 men behind the ball is strange.
If you actually watched the game, you may have noticed that Huddersfield weren't deliberately just sitting in their own box, they were driven back there because of unrelenting pressure from Chelsea. Perhaps you'd have been more impressed if we'd allowed them to come attack instead, I don't know.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
With the Europa next season it might be a tall order to get back into the CL. Not denying a new manager could work his magic and get the club as high as third, but you'd think City and United will improve next season.
This is Chelsea we are talking about. They'll sell Hazard for huge money, hire Allegri to spend that money to build a great team and win the league again.

Bojan11

If you actually watched the game, you may have noticed that Huddersfield weren't deliberately just sitting in their own box, they were driven back there because of unrelenting pressure from Chelsea. Perhaps you'd have been more impressed if we'd allowed them to come attack instead, I don't know.
Deliberately?

Their tactics were to have 10 men behind the ball and waste as much time as possible. They didn’t come to the Bridge to play on the front foot.

Guy Incognito

This is Chelsea we are talking about. They'll sell Hazard for huge money, hire Allegri to spend that money to build a great team and win the league again.
I think it's pretty likely Real will set their sights on Hazard this summer, Salah/Kane the next.

Chelsea will not win the title next season unless there is serious strengthening all over the squad. Conte lucked out in that he was able to squeeze every last drop of the side Mourinho left. Next manager won't be as fortunate.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Racist, homophobe. Neither is really any better or worse!
They're not! They not synonyms though. Sarri hasn't said or done anything afaik that can be considered racist. At least not in public

U99ted

FSW? :smirk:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Deliberately?

Their tactics were to have 10 men behind the ball and waste as much time as possible. They didn’t come to the Bridge to play on the front foot.
Funny that they spent a lot of the game trying to attack at every possibility then.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think it's pretty likely Real will set their sights on Hazard this summer, Salah/Kane the next.

Chelsea will not win the title next season unless there is serious strengthening all over the squad. Conte lucked out in that he was able to squeeze every last drop of the side Mourinho left. Next manager won't be as fortunate.
I would have Chelsea for the league after 1 year of rebuilding. Both Guardiola and Mourinho will be on their 4th year by then and both have not maintained their levels long term at a club.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
A lot of posters on here had them down as the top team that would struggle. Should have just kept Mourinho and give him control.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

5 of the title winning first Xl weren't here when Jose left, and that's not to mention he changed the whole formation ditching players Jose overally relied on in the proccess.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why didn't Conte start Hazard and Giroud? It was very important game and would have made last day very interesting.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
So much for Conte not having Mourinho season. Well not quite. Still fecking shit, though.

Roman is going to be pushing that wig back.
it's funny but they're still gona have 70 plus points and squad with a core that's won 1-2 titles.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
5 of the title winning first Xl weren't here when Jose left, and that's not to mention he changed the whole formation ditching players Jose overally relied on in the proccess.
Which 5?

Moses, Luiz, Alonso, Kante I can remember. Who is the other one?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Not quite? Not even in the same stratosphere of shit.
As average as this season has been, we are still passing to a respectable level and creating a decent number of chances. In 15/16 we couldn't string two passes together and couldn't create anything unless it was an opposition mistake or a Willian free kick. My friend has to miss a lot of games due to shift work and he didn't see us score live for nearly 3 months :houllier:

Even the worst period this season compares favorably to any period in the Jose half of that season.