Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
From what came out it seemed like Potter was basically in agreement that he should go? I'm sure I read that somewhere, likely The Athletic.
It was said by Potter's assistant Bruno Saltor in a press conference when he was the acting manager for a few days prior to Lampard coming back.

Something like 'Graham and the club both thought it was the right step' when talking about the sacking. That's quite a damning statement for Potter and just proves he was way over his head in a job that big.

Fabio Rochemback

Kovacic would be a huge improvement in our midfield.

There'll inevitably be a sale this summer of a few of their older stars. If we're savvy, we should be able to pick up Kovacic for a very reasonable price.
Sure, he gets in over Eriksen, as does Enzo, but he doesn't get in over Casemiro.

Fabio Rochemback

Rashford-Felix-Martial
Chilwell-Casemiro-Enzo-James
Martinez-Silva-Varane
DDG

I'd have Felix as the 10 behind that front two. Casemiro / Enzo would be up there with the best CM pairings in world football - think a team like this with that many runners would score bags of goals. Chilwell over Shaw for me as a LWB - but if it's a 4ATB then I'd go Shaw.
If you wanted to play 3-4-3 then sure. I think this looks better though:

Rashford - Martial - Sterling
- - - - - - - - - Bruno
- - - - - - -Enzo - Casemiro
Shaw - Martinez - Varane - James
- - - - - - - - - DDG

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

- - - - - - - - - Bruno
- - - - - - - - - DDG
Eh maybe - but speaking from experience I much prefer to have James in threatening positions in the final third than Sterling!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

- - - - - - - - - Bruno
- - - - - - - - - DDG
I mean if there's one thing we still have over you lot this season it's defense.

In the league I think we conceded around 3-4 more goals under Potter than you lot did against Arsenal, City and Liverpool alone.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I personally would not pay much attention to what he writes about Barcelona.
I have noticed him before. He’s like a tabloid gossip whisperer.

What’s the deal with Gavi anyway? Do you think you’ll be able to resolve his contract situation?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I have noticed him before. He’s like a tabloid gossip whisperer.

What’s the deal with Gavi anyway? Do you think you’ll be able to resolve his contract situation?
My opinion is that Barcelona will be able to renew Gavi, Araujo, Balde and still make 4-5 signings (mainly players who finish their contract).

In addition, the player only thinks about succeeding in Barcelona.
It would be a huge surprise if he didn't stay at Barcelona for many years.

Irwin99

Maybe it's been said/asked in this thread already but wasn't there rumours that Lampard was unpopular with a fair few in the dressing room in his first spell as manger there? i know they've had an influx of players coming in since then but I still find the appointment weird if the rumours were true. Guess he's just on a free run until they appoint a proper manager.

mu4c_20le

Palace were 8-9 points behind when they sacked Potter. They are now trailing by only 3 points.

I was wrong. Should've just let Potter see out the season and then decide where to go from there. At least they controlled some games.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Absolute masterstroke bringing in Frank, fair play. Who could have possibly seen this coming...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

- - - - - - - - - Bruno
- - - - - - - - - DDG
Antony over Sterling surely? I mean I know the jury is out on Antony for many but Sterling's been plain shite

Fabio Rochemback

Antony over Sterling surely? I mean I know the jury is out on Antony for many but Sterling's been plain shite
I think Sterling would quite likely have contributed more than Antony if we'd had him on the right this season. Antony has been good in his last two or three games tbf

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Palace were 8-9 points behind when they sacked Potter. They are now trailing by only 3 points.

I was wrong. Should've just let Potter see out the season and then decide where to go from there. At least they controlled some games.
I mean the club basically wrote this season off when they brought in Lampard on a part time gig so the players are just following that lead. Like us under Ragnick (but worse) Chelsea just need the season to end

redcucumber

I think Sterling would quite likely have contributed more than Antony if we'd had him on the right this season. Antony has been good in his last two or three games tbf
Wtf? Antony has been decent to good. Sterling has been utter pants. I'm sure he'll improve next season but Antony has unquestionably had a much better season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thoroughly and comprehensively outplayed today. It was a training exercise for Brighton. Very embarrassing to watch.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Why are Chelsea so bad? Absolutely outplayed at home today.
0 set structure, terrible attackers, James looks terrible physically. Add all of it up and you get a fragile, sort of toothless team. Bringing in Lampard was idiotic though, he's a terrible manager that has proved that time and again and isn't even someone that can be a reliable caretaker.

At least with Potter he just reverted back to the Tuchel system and they started to control games more even if they hardly scored.

BorisManUtd

Brighton are really good but being outplayed at Bridge this much is still so poor from Chelsea.

SinNombre

The best part about this is they have already spent more than half of their expected spending over the next 5+ seasons in the last 2 windows. They can have one more big window of spending but can't spend their way out of trouble anymore.

Chief123

One of the most dominating performances against Chelsea I’ve seen in their own ground. They got absolutely battered today.

26 shots for Brighton to Chelsea’s 8.

Chief123

Chelsea won 4 out of last 22 league games. That’s astonishing. Boehly is a true legend.

Infra-red

Difficult to properly judge Chelsea's new signings when the team is so bad, but Brighton, collectively and individually, looked a different class today. Caicedo > Enzo Fernandes for sure (Kepa Arrizabalaga completed more than twice as many passes as Chelsea's midfield passing maestro today - the fecking goalkeeper!).

BorisManUtd

Will they get more points than the 2015/16 season (50)?
They had 44 points with a +8 goal difference after 31 games that season. Currently at same stage of the season: 39 points and -3 GD. So while they could get more points than then, so far it's been worse.

BristolRuss

I didn't think Chelsea could drop any more positions due to being 9 points clear of Palace 2 games ago, but with the Woy effect I'm not so sure anymore. If West Ham weren't completely shit Chelsea could have actually finished as the lowest of the London clubs which would have been hilarious.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Brighton deserve a CL spot. They have been the 3rd best team this season, just a little unlucky with a few results. They beat Chelsea handily because they are simply better.

Ahmer Baig

Chelsea took Brighton left back, their manager, all of their back room staff including former captain and goalkeeping coach who had been at the club for years and then their Head of Recruitment. But Brighton took all six points this season.

Ekeke

Zakaria played 73 minutes for Chelsea, with 12 passes and 75% pass accuracy with 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 blocked shot and 1 clearance

He got outclassed like a league 2 player up against Brighton's midfield. Unbelievable performance from a player several posters wanted us to sign a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.