Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

The most significant qualifier to illustrate what an absolutely disasterous season it has been for Chelsea is the fact they are 14 points behind Spurs who are the leagues prime banter club.

Infra-red

They will be looking forward to the transfer window opening. Not because they have a clue what they are doing in the window, but because an obscene outspending of clubs (and even entire leagues) is one thing Chelsea can actually 'win' at.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah we're not going out to these. Genuinely mediocre team right now

RuudTom83

Well done to Lampard for adding some consistency.

3 Games
3 Defeats

Lucky for Frank he isn’t Norwegian. So the mixed is will cover for him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s a shocking decline from Chelsea. Surprised more isn’t being made of it in the media.

Siorac

Will be a Rangnick like season for them.
They are even worse! Rangnick's United got 58 points last season. Chelsea would need to win 6 and draw 1 out of their last 7 just to match that pitiful total. And I think everyone, Chelsea fans included, will agree that that sort of run looks far, far beyond this team.

led_scholes

The only winnable tie is vs Nottingham and another one where it is expected to get points is vs Bournemouth.

They would probably get less than 50 points, which is completely nuts.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Would be funny if this continues next season.
Under the old regime they would get a good manager and win the league next season like they did in 2016/17 after their previous season was terrible. No excuses such as “look where the team was when Conte took over, low on confidence, and so on”.

However with current owners this is by no means certain any longer.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The only winnable tie is vs Nottingham and another one where it is expected to get points is vs Bournemouth.

They would probably get less than 50 points, which is completely nuts.
Bournemouth appear to be galvanized at the moment, playing with a surprising amount of confidence, not that easy for any team facing them.

Chief123

They will be looking forward to the transfer window opening. Not because they have a clue what they are doing in the window, but because an obscene outspending of clubs (and even entire leagues) is one thing Chelsea can actually 'win' at.
The biggest problem chelsea have from the summer is they can’t flutter their eyelids at players with 15 year contracts anymore which was a big driver last summer and January. With no pull of Europe they’ll have to pay some big wages while still complying with FFP.

On the flip side, despite their woeful season I don’t think they are that far away as the table suggests either. The appointment of the next manager will be critical. With the right man, they are just one or two players away from competing.

With the arrival of Nkunku and the signing of a top striker, they’ve got a decent team on paper. Another quality midfielder to partner Enzo gives a decent balanced team.

The biggest threat to Chelsea’s future is Boehly himself and his decision making.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Brighton deserve a CL spot. They have been the 3rd best team this season, just a little unlucky with a few results. They beat Chelsea handily because they are simply better.
Would agree to this.. They have been far better on the eye as compared to Newcastle and they have been more entertaining than ManUtd aswell.
They surely have been unlucky.
Expected them to drop off after Potter left but as it turns out they are even more entertaining now.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
The biggest problem chelsea have from the summer is they can’t flutter their eyelids at players with 15 year contracts anymore which was a big driver last summer and January. With no pull of Europe they’ll have to pay some big wages while still complying with FFP.

On the flip side, despite their woeful season I don’t think they are that far away as the table suggests either. The appointment of the next manager will be critical. With the right man, they are just one or two players away from competing.

With the arrival of Nkunku and the signing of a top striker, they’ve got a decent team on paper. Another quality midfielder to partner Enzo gives a decent balanced team.

The biggest threat to Chelsea’s future is Boehly himself and his decision making.
They need a manager who wouldn't take any nonsense from anyone to fix this. Fans, Player and OWNERS included.
But i don't think that suits Boehly or else they wouldn't have a problem with Tuchel.
Boehly and co speak of a project and evaluating the manager based on years but does not have the patience for the team to improve over years goes on and purchase 15 players in one year. That does not tally up.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
They need a manager who wouldn't take any nonsense from anyone to fix this. Fans, Player and OWNERS included.
But i don't think that suits Boehly or else they wouldn't have a problem with Tuchel.
Boehly and co speak of a project and evaluating the manager based on years but does not have the patience for the team to improve over years goes on and purchase 15 players in one year. That does not tally up.
I agree to an extent although Tuchel going was for multitude of reasons, firstly we were shit from January to his termination, secondly the preseason was the absolute poorest planned in recent memory and finally it’s well reported his personal issues played a part.

Anyway, I definitely agree that we need a strong manager, he also needs a vast amount of experience. Precisely the reason I have said that the German bagel man is Absolutely the wrong choice. I don’t even believe Enrique is a good fit and I happen to believe his is vastly overrated as well. A Mourinho MK 1 would work, not the toxic husk that he is now, he changed the mindset of the club at the right time. He also knew how to talk to people and what it took to take the club to the next level. With that in mind, sadly I can’t think of anyone. It’s an utterly massive job that is likely. To prove to much for the next manager and may take multiple “right” managers to fix the structure given how these guys are never given enough time.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The biggest job will be clearing out at least 10 players and bringing a couple of real goal scorers in as replacement.

The squad is unmanageably big currently and goal shy.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I agree to an extent although Tuchel going was for multitude of reasons, firstly we were shit from January to his termination, secondly the preseason was the absolute poorest planned in recent memory and finally it’s well reported his personal issues played a part.

Anyway, I definitely agree that we need a strong manager, he also needs a vast amount of experience. Precisely the reason I have said that the German bagel man is Absolutely the wrong choice. I don’t even believe Enrique is a good fit and I happen to believe his is vastly overrated as well. A Mourinho MK 1 would work, not the toxic husk that he is now, he changed the mindset of the club at the right time. He also knew how to talk to people and what it took to take the club to the next level. With that in mind, sadly I can’t think of anyone. It’s an utterly massive job that is likely. To prove to much for the next manager and may take multiple “right” managers to fix the structure given how these guys are never given enough time.
I don't know if Mourinho with so many young players to develop would be a good idea. It could end in a gigantic disaster.
Luis Enrique fits better with the current squad in addition to giving an identity to the club that should be followed with successive coaches.

Seven Seas Sardines

Nah, they're fecked. Boehly isn't that rich and all money spent is lent from investment firms and banks. They've bought so many players on long-term contracts knowing they won't be competing in the transfer market in the future thinking their investment made will generate revenue and success for many years to come. They'll try to sell half their squad for peanuts to balance FFP and be able to make any kind of signings. Boehly might even be a worse egomaniac than Woodward..

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It was honestly impressive the extent to which no Chelsea player could be arsed to give a feck today. Genuinely looked like 11 Ziyechs out there - can't remember a single 50/50 won.

Would argue this was the single most pathetic performance I've ever seen by any Chelsea side ever. Any other reticent Chelsea supporters starting to come over to my side given that I've been arguing since day 1 that firing Tuchel was literally the second stupidest thing Chelsea have done behind selling KdB with 3.5 years left on his contract for 18m or whatever?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

All of those reasons for his departure were idiotic and short sighted. He was literally the best manager tactically in our history and had an established relationship with the fanbase unequaled since Mourinho mark 1.

Enrique is the closest manager in terms of quality to Tuchel available by some distance and has to be the priority. This team very obviously needs an authoritative presence - especially as it's completely lacking on the pitch.

Chief123

I don't know if Mourinho with so many young players to develop would be a good idea. It could end in a gigantic disaster.
Luis Enrique fits better with the current squad in addition to giving an identity to the club that should be followed with successive coaches.
He’s referring to the first version of mourinho, not the current one.

Mmm-Qatarian

Am I incorrect in thinking that the FFP concerns (or regulations to that effect) that are preventing us from spending big without making the Champions League and/or selling first are due to hit Chelsea even harder next summer?

I didn't think it was supposed to be on the cards that they'd have another crazy window. (Which is probably a good thing for them)

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Am I incorrect in thinking that the FFP concerns (or regulations to that effect) that are preventing us from spending big without making the Champions League and/or selling first are due to hit Chelsea even harder next summer?

I didn't think it was supposed to be on the cards that they'd have another crazy window. (Which is probably a good thing for them)
FFP isn't preventing you from spending big. Your owners' desire to take money out of your revenues and not contribute any of their own capital is.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
He’s referring to the first version of mourinho, not the current one.
I know, and I don't think any of Mourinho's versions are suitable for this squad.
He likes experienced players, with an age 27-30 years. Nor is he a coach who has stood out for developing young players.

vangagal

You are talking out of Boehly arse it seems. Check your point tally under Tuchel in PL this season, it would be on course for 50 after 30 games, bad but still a lot better than this shitshow. You exaggerated Tuchel's problem but forget Potter was much much worse than him. Thats what you get when you hired mediocre manager. Now you got terrible one, does it surprise anyone with the result?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Completely forgot they've signed Nkunku for next season.

Now the lad's a decent player for sure (16 goals this season can't be dismissed) but we've seen Bundesliga players with excellent stats really struggle to reproduce that in premier league.

Where's he even going to play? Yes you can place him at CF but then there's still the feeling Chelsea won't have anyone poaching in six yard box for the endless crosses from James and Chilwell as Nkunku also drifts out wide regularly.

And if you just play him out wide in final third that reduces the minutes for someone like Mudyrk who despite looking poor surely has to still start regularly to justify the huge fee.

Going to be some firesale at Chelsea this summer as baring a miracle they're not playing europe and if they get Man. City again early in the cups you're talking a low 40s game season so you simply can't have a squad with 30 + players with just one game a week for half the season.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Completely forgot they've signed Nkunku for next season.

Now the lad's a decent player for sure (16 goals this season can't be dismissed) but we've seen Bundesliga players with excellent stats really struggle to reproduce that in premier league.

Where's he even going to play? Yes you can place him at CF but then there's still the feeling Chelsea won't have anyone poaching in six yard box for the endless crosses from James and Chilwell as Nkunku also drifts out wide regularly.

And if you just play him out wide in final third that reduces the minutes for someone like Mudyrk who despite looking poor surely has to still start regularly to justify the huge fee.

Going to be some firesale at Chelsea this summer as baring a miracle they're not playing europe and if they get Man. City again early in the cups you're talking a low 40s game season so you simply can't have a squad with 30 + players with just one game a week for half the season.
They’ve currently got 38 first team players under contract for next season after loanees return, according to transfermarkt. And that doesn’t count resigning Kante (which is rumored) or buying Felix or anybody else.

meamth

Was about to start a thread on how to fix Chelsea..

Genuinely asking, how the feck do you fix this football club?

TheLord

I don't remember a greater decline in a single season for any English team, except when teams have been relegated or have had major ownership/financial crisis. The absolute numerical decline may not seem much (3rd to 12th in the PL table), but their level of play is atrocious.

Just because a rich American has bought the club, so little is covered by the media about the absolute mess the club is in, especially that FFP problems will kick in soon.

mu4c_20le

I don't remember a greater decline in a single season for any English team, except when teams have been relegated or have had major ownership/financial crisis. The absolute numerical decline may not seem much (3rd to 12th in the PL table), but their level of play is atrocious.

Just because a rich American has bought the club, so little is covered by the media about the absolute mess the club is in, especially that FFP problems will kick in soon.
Liverpool? Maybe not as comical, but theirs is a true decline where players legs are gone. Not just a bunch of new mercenaries.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bring Enrique in before preseason, ideally announced before the season ends. Trim the squad, get whatever you can for the deadwood, just ship them out. Buy a new GK and DM and potentially a forward and let’s go again next season.

caid

Was about to start a thread on how to fix Chelsea..

Genuinely asking, how the feck do you fix this football club?
Bring in a new manager and a striker. Doing that little would probably go a long way. Assuming they get an upgrade on the manager they sack this time. A new season and a fresh start would help too.

meamth

Bring in a new manager and a striker. Doing that little would probably go a long way. Assuming they get an upgrade on the manager they sack this time. A new season and a fresh start would help too.
Doesn't fix the problems they have with that amount of first team players do they?

Chelsea is becoming the next self implosion since Leeds was relegated back in the day.

Can't believe we're seeing this in the modern days.

Status
Not open for further replies.