Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I mean for fecks sake. The two incidents are literally different incidents but the difference in the type of incident is immaterial when the outcome was the same. I’m saying nothing controversial here. We were denied a win in one, and got an unearned win here. You’re arguing semantics for the sake of arguing semantics.
Why couldn’t 10 man Spurs score v Chelsea? Not like we didn’t see 10 man Chelsea score 2 v Leicester last week

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean for fecks sake. The two incidents are literally different incidents but the difference in the type of incident is immaterial when the outcome was the same. I’m saying nothing controversial here. We were denied a win in one, and got an unearned win here. You’re arguing semantics for the sake of arguing semantics.
I’m just seeing if you can accept they are different or not?

It seems you think they are identical when they aren’t.

Trying to play it off as the same thing and things equalling themselves out is disingenuous really.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m just seeing if you can accept they are different or not?

It seems you think they are identical when they aren’t.

Trying to play it off as the same thing and things equalling themselves out is disingenuous really.
I said they are literally different incidents. Come on. I’m also saying the difference is immaterial when the outcome was the same.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I really don’t think you understand what you’re arguing against.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wrap my head around the lack of logic of their transfer window. They spent record breaking amounts... And their team looks so unbalanced, lacking creativity and any goalscoring threat. Their entire attack is dependent on Sterling who is easily their best signing, and Reece James is class, but the rest of their team? They'll be hard to beat because they have about 7 defenders on the pitch every game, but they're shite going forward. Can't believe they ignored the attack like they did.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Why couldn’t 10 man Spurs score v Chelsea? Not like we didn’t see 10 man Chelsea score 2 v Leicester last week
Well for starters unlike the Leicester game for Chelsea it would've been 90+5 in the clock already and the game would've continued with a free kick for Chelsea and Spurs a man down. Without a corner there's quite literally no chance for them to score. Continuing with the free kick would very likely have been the last kick of the game, and even if the game was played on beyond that, how likely do you think it would have been for Spurs to score? Definitely no more than 5%, and if we're arguing about the most unlikeliest of scenarios I'd like to point out there were also no guarantees the game today would have finished 2-2 even if the West Ham goal would have stood. We'd have pushed on for the last few minutes and the probability to score a 3-2 winning goal would have been at least equal as Spurs scoring one more against us in the 5-30 odd seconds that were left on the clock while also being a man down.

Agree with @WeePat here, it's nothing but semantics. We got fecked for 2 points in one match and got 2 extra points today with an undeserved win. Net result is the same.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Can't wrap my head around the lack of logic of their transfer window. They spent record breaking amounts... And their team looks so unbalanced, lacking creativity and any goalscoring threat. Their entire attack is dependent on Sterling who is easily their best signing, and Reece James is class, but the rest of their team? They'll be hard to beat because they have about 7 defenders on the pitch every game, but they're shite going forward. Can't believe they ignored the attack like they did.
We will be alright within next few games in attack.Added some physicality in this window to our team. We will see.

There is lot of pages discussed about our transfers. Yes we failed to get right winger in this window. That's a negative though we tried to sign raphinha,gordon.

Last edited:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Moyes says Bowen said he never touched Mendy, I believe him, Mendy is a complete fanny
well, no. You can see the jersey move where the foot makes contact. Mendy pulls an embarrassing Meryl Streep performance and makes a meal of it, but in the frames before he goes over Mendy both his feet are clear of him, then he drags his back foot. Why would be speculation.

Forget Tottenham though, Antonio should have had a second yellow for his WWE style headlock and hip toss of Thiago Silva. The ref waited half a minute after the foul to not give a yellow, and that was before their first goal.

You can play this type of game all day. We got pretty lucky on that play and we’ve been pretty unlucky on a lot of others. We aren’t playing overly well yet, and are pretty fortunate to have 10 points.

We don’t have anyone with the creative passes to open up a defense aside from maybe Ziyech, who forces us to struggle in other areas. Mendy has officially become a concern. Our set piece defending and our late game defending is completely disorganized.

Lots to do.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I wonder if we will look to switch to a back 4 with Chilwell/Cucurella, Koulibaly, Fofana, James in the coming months. We really do rely a bit too much on Thiago Silva and he's not suited to play in a 4 at this stage in his career.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really solid debut. Looked like he had been there for years.
Is he good at marauding runs like Rudiger was? It's easier to be defensively solid in a back three. Ideally you want two CBs able to offer more.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Is he good at marauding runs like Rudiger was? It's easier to be defensively solid in a back three. Ideally you want two CBs able to offer more.
Not quite like that, it was his debut after all. It took a few seasons before Rudiger started doing his one wtflol run in every game. I was there at the amazing game vs Ajax when Zouma attempted and nearly pulled off one himself. Could have won the Puskas.

cyberman

Well for starters unlike the Leicester game for Chelsea it would've been 90+5 in the clock already and the game would've continued with a free kick for Chelsea and Spurs a man down. Without a corner there's quite literally no chance for them to score. Continuing with the free kick would very likely have been the last kick of the game, and even if the game was played on beyond that, how likely do you think it would have been for Spurs to score? Definitely no more than 5%, and if we're arguing about the most unlikeliest of scenarios I'd like to point out there were also no guarantees the game today would have finished 2-2 even if the West Ham goal would have stood. We'd have pushed on for the last few minutes and the probability to score a 3-2 winning goal would have been at least equal as Spurs scoring one more against us in the 5-30 odd seconds that were left on the clock while also being a man down.

Agree with @WeePat here, it's nothing but semantics. We got fecked for 2 points in one match and got 2 extra points today with an undeserved win. Net result is the same.
A corner is a corner. Nothing suggests they couldn’t win it back and force another one.
They’re hugely unlikely to score from a corner that late on as well before the red card but they did. Ok, let’s say I give you that.
Harvey Barney’s had a goal harshly ruled out v you last week that would have given them the lead. I’m sure there’s a corner elsewhere that you didn’t defend properly from in a game that evens that out somewhere as well!
You can defend corners, that’s on you. Having legitimate goals ruled out is on the ref. That the players can do nothing about.
That’s the difference

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah it’s just semantics. You explained it better than I did.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Another game that made the eyes of those who saw it bleed.

Tuchel is not here.
The atmosphere is not good.
The team is dead on the field.

What else needs to happen to remove Mendy from the team?

And in a few minutes Chilwell and Havertz, coming off the bench, did what nobody else was capable of doing in 90 minutes.

A victory we didn't deserve.

Every day that passes with Tuchel will be an unnecessary suffering.

Watching a Chelsea game was once again a session of masochism.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Another game that made the eyes of those who saw it bleed.

Tuchel is not here.
The atmosphere is not good.
The team is dead on the field.

What else needs to happen to remove Mendy from the team?

And in a few minutes Chilwell and Havertz, coming off the bench, did what nobody else was capable of doing in 90 minutes.

A victory we didn't deserve.

Every day that passes with Tuchel will be an unnecessary suffering.

Watching a Chelsea game was once again a session of masochism.
Sorry you will suffer a lot once boehly announce the new deal for tuchel. Tuchel won't go anywhere any time soon.

Boehly group give away half a billion to please tuchel. And you wanted him gone. Great logic in it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea are extremely painful to watch right now.
I think most Chelsea fans would agree with you, the football we’ve played so far this season has been tumescent. Spurs game aside.

mu4c_20le

I think most Chelsea fans would agree with you, the football we’ve played so far this season has been tumescent. Spurs game aside.
This is what happens when you give your manager full control over transfers :wenger:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This is what happens when you give your manager full control over transfers :wenger:
Thankfully it was temporary. Our head of recruitment stepped down. Probably trying to get ahead of the clear out after a DoF is brought in.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
Man I'd take Graham Potter right now if the chance presented itself. Absolutely amazing coach who isn't only interested in putting up an XI on match day to win games but is very much interested in seeing the development of his players and trusting them to perform, whiles playing good football on top. Every single player looks way better than their individual quality level really is. If there is manager deserving of a shot at the top dogs it's him. Hopefully Boehly and co are watching. We have way too much quality in the team to be playing such appalling football.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Official. Reece James signed new 5 year deal. Highest paid defender at chelsea. :drool: .

Edited:6 years.

Last edited:

FriedClams

Tony Robbins would have a hard time helping that Chelsea dressing room bond and reach its potential. Of all the big clubs in Europe, their squad is by far the biggest collection of individuals that don’t gel together, both on and off the pitch. Signing Aubameyang will be a massive mistake.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Expecting great football after the amount of transfers we saw in this window is just wildly optimistic. Let's see how things are going in the next few months before jumping to any premature conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.