Chelsea given two-window transfer ban | Free to sign players in January

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I hope if any frivolous appeal is met with a further ban, it's a joke clubs are allowed to get away with an appeal when it's such an obvious delaying tactic. Chelsea would have known this was coming so any business should have been done in January or even last summer

crossy1686

career ending
No, its the exact opposite. The ban is for registering new players; that is players not on the clubs books. Both Pulisic and youth players already at the club or on loan will not be affected by this. They can sign as many players they want during the next transfer windows. But they wont be allowed to register them.
That just seems like a breach of trading laws. They should be able to sign the player but not play them until the the ban is lifted. Bizarre.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: at the notion that the supporters of the "biggest football club of England" so relieved and happy that they won't have to deal with the threat posed by a "small time plastic club". You are every bit like those Rawk people whom you love to ridicule.
:lol: Imagine rival club fans being happy that club that broke the rule is fined and banned.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol: at the notion that the supporters of the "biggest football club of England" so relieved and happy that they won't have to deal with the threat posed by a "small time plastic club". You are every bit like those Rawk people whom you love to ridicule.
Yeah because one or two fans talk for the millions around the world don't they

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
What about the likes of Higuain and Kovacic who are currently on loan?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
@liam_twomey 19m19 minutes ago
Chelsea have been braced for this. They can appeal to FIFA & to CAS if necessary & even if they fail to get the punishment reduced/overturned, the timeframe of the process should grant them this summer to do any essential business #cfc
Maybe, but as has been mentioned it is if Roman wants to spend the amount of money it will take to cover two transfer windows. Also mass spending like that can lead to panic/bad signings.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@liam_twomey 19m19 minutes ago
Chelsea have been braced for this. They can appeal to FIFA & to CAS if necessary & even if they fail to get the punishment reduced/overturned, the timeframe of the process should grant them this summer to do any essential business #cfc
They will still be banned for 2020 January and Summer windows in that case. There's only so much players they can buy this summer, especially as the selling clubs will know they are desperate and demand a premium.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This ban wont affect Pulisic.
Chelsea will be able to register players when they appeal to both FIFA and CAS. Unfortunately for Chelsea, this news is almost confirmation that Hazard and Odoi will be sold. Chelsea run a business model that is heavily dependent on player sales. You can have a look at SwissRamble on twitter to confirm this. They will need to raise as much cash as possible so they can fill as many holes as possible. The good thing for them is they have a lot of players to sell. I could see them easily raking in £200m+ this summer.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently we were going to try and sign Zouma on a perm transfer, or at least see if Chelsea were willing to manouevere on a deal. It might be a stumbling block for many of the loans they have ongoing at the moment, and it would be even worse if they all came back and they couldn't get rid of them. I'd be surprised if anything serious comes from this anyway, every other club under these rules have found ways around it, so will Chelsea.

Djemba-Djemba

What on earth is this?

Hoof the ball

They'll get good money for Bakayoko, at least. He's been excellent for Milan. I'm convinced they'll pay a good price to keep him playing alongside Kessie.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
The key element here is that the FA have been sanctioned. From what I have read the main issue is that the FA agreed to the policy which in effect allowed players like Tarore to play in matches that were classified as trial matches prior to the age of 18. It has been confirmed the FA are going to appeal.

There is no doubt that Chelsea will lodge an appeal toward the end of the 90 day window which takes the process through to mid May.

What then follows is that there is little or no chance of the appeal process being finalised by the time the summer window opens around June 7th. Irrespective of how fast FIFA move I would suspect that a final appeal would be made to CAS which again all takes time.

The number of players supposedly involved is no where near the same as Atletico were charged with and likewise they were hit with a two window ban whereas Real and Barcelona weren’t hit with anything like Chelsea have now been so I would expect that ban to be reduced to just one window.

Finally this is the first result from the long term FIFA investigation into English clubs the strong rumour is that other PL clubs will likewise be hit with fines and or bans so I wouldn’t be jumping to any conclusions just at this point .

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This ban wont affect Pulisic.
Chelsea will be able to register players when they appeal to both FIFA and CAS. Unfortunately for Chelsea, this news is almost confirmation that Hazard and Odoi will be sold. Chelsea run a business model that is heavily dependent on player sales. You can have a look at SwissRamble on twitter to confirm this. They will need to raise as much cash as possible so they can fill as many holes as possible. The good thing for them is they have a lot of players to sell. I could see them easily raking in £200m+ this summer.
Hazard, Morata, CHO. Who else can they sell for an appreciable amount? I doubt they'll get 100m for Hazard as he's in his last year and Real probably won't be bullied into paying that much. Giroud, Willian and Pedro are all in their 30s and won't likely fetch that much. Would they envisage selling Kante?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The key element here is that the FA have been sanctioned. From what I have read the main issue is that the FA agreed to the policy which in effect allowed players like Tarore to play in matches that were classified as trial matches prior to the age of 18. It has been confirmed the FA are going to appeal.

There is no doubt that Chelsea will lodge an appeal toward the end of the 90 day window which takes the process through to mid May.

What then follows is that there is little or no chance of the appeal process being finalised by the time the summer window opens around June 7th. Irrespective of how fast FIFA move I would suspect that a final appeal would be made to CAS which again all takes time.

The number of players supposedly involved is no where near the same as Atletico were charged with and likewise they were hit with a two window ban whereas Real and Barcelona weren’t hit with anything like Chelsea have now been so I would expect that ban to be reduced to just one window.

Finally this is the first result from the long term FIFA investigation into English clubs the strong rumour is that other PL clubs will likewise be hit with fines and or bans so I wouldn’t be jumping to any conclusions just at this point .
Chelsea have 3 days to appeal.

Adisa

I hope if any frivolous appeal is met with a further ban, it's a joke clubs are allowed to get away with an appeal when it's such an obvious delaying tactic. Chelsea would have known this was coming so any business should have been done in January or even last summer
There's really not much FIFA can do. 90 days to appeal is the international standard anywhere in the world. Chelsea can appeal to both FIFA and CAS and precedent dictates clubs should not be punished while the appeals process is on.
I don't think FIFA are even keen on making it water tight either.

Ban

It hurts, right?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

There was lot of news about City and transfer ban.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
I think we have the transfer window closing before the season starts again next season which gives them even less time to get players in.
Not quite sure that will hurt them as they have already started their summer recruitment process and the timing of the announcement should enable them to get any ban suspended past the summer window pending appeal.

Adisa

Hazard, Morata, CHO. Who else can they sell for an appreciable amount? I doubt they'll get 100m for Hazard as he's in his last year and Real probably won't be bullied into paying that much. Giroud, Willian and Pedro are all in their 30s and won't likely fetch that much. Would they envisage selling Kante?
Chelsea have rejected £50+ bids for Willian in the last year. The guy is willing to go to China. The also have a host of players out on loan. Zouma for example should fetch circa £20m from Everton, Bakayoko is also there. Think £200m is doable.

dove

We are talking about Chelsea, they could probably rake in £200m just by selling Drinkwater and Bakayoko.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
But how would that apply for youth players already at the club but turn 22 during the ban? They would need to be registered to play any part as they're no longer regarded as youth players.
Won’t have any effect on players already at Chelsea or indeed returning from loan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Now if only They would investigate City's brother club in USA and their sponsors.

deadrevelz

I'm not relieved. Chelsea aren't going to get any players we want, and I wanted to take Kante off you. If you are banned, Chelsea will now seek to keep their best players at all costs.

RedNed77

Perfectly set up for the return of Jose. They have an ageing squad full of players who don't score many goals, he'll love it.

Kapardin

They might also sack Sarri now anyway since he was counting on the transfer window to bring in players to suit his style, if allowed to stay on.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They'll appeal, sign a bunch of players in the summer and then get through the other transfer windows

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Apparently we were going to try and sign Zouma on a perm transfer, or at least see if Chelsea were willing to manouevere on a deal. It might be a stumbling block for many of the loans they have ongoing at the moment, and it would be even worse if they all came back and they couldn't get rid of them. I'd be surprised if anything serious comes from this anyway, every other club under these rules have found ways around it, so will Chelsea.
You should still be fine with Chelsea appealing. My guess is they appeal and end up only being banned for a winter window. The bigger issue with signing Zouma is probably if Christensen is adamant on leaving Chelsea and Luiz doesn't extend along with Cahill leaving.

Might be better for you if you don't get Zouma anyway. Chelsea will be asking for a high fee and there are better players you can sign. He's not quite been the same since his injury.

Trizy

Will there appeal be rejected? Sure Barcelona got their appeal but they only signed like 5 players. Chelsea signed 28! :lol: