Chelsea given two-window transfer ban | Free to sign players in January

cyberman

Chelsea have in 2009 referenced above in this thread, don't think they will be able to get out of this one though
Yeah, I was referencing the modern clampdowns but fair enough.
I think FIFA have their ducks in a row over this. They wouldn't move without it being airtight.

IronCroos37

what if we hear Stamford bridge burned up in flames, with no casualties .... Yes yuhuuu uraaa till the bridge till the bridge is on fire, burn, buurn burn mofo buurn...

D4X73r

It's not like it should effect them. They have enough players on loan to play 2 or 3 teams.
They may start doing something with the players after hoarding every prospect they bought

Nick.

Knowing their youth record, it's amazing that they let this happen for players they never had any intention of using anyway haha

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe they learnt their lesson after Barca, Madrid made fun of it.
I remember reading something about them looking to change the appeal process after what happened with Barca and Madrid, so it looks like they did.

IronCroos37

Beginning of the end for Chelsea as a top club IMO.
they can still qualify for top4, and win 2 trohies, change managers and win more trophies. Chelsea post Abra is the most consistent english club in terms of winning stuff.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No club has ever overturned a ban?
Sorry, I was alluding to the implications in this thread that it would be a downward spiral for Chelsea. The two Madrid clubs coped fine, that is what I was insinuating. Spurs have had a self inflicted transfer ban for two windows and they've coped okay too, I worded it poorly.

Revan

Assumptionman
Poor Hazard? Ha! His new contract is going to have a blank box for his salary and he’ll be able to write whatever number he wants in there.
He'll sign a ridiculous 500k+/week new contract IMO.

Mr Smith

they can still qualify for top4, and win 2 trohies, change managers and win more trophies. Chelsea post Abra is the most consistent english club in terms of winning stuff.
You might be right, but from where I sit their current squad is a group of ageing snakes who choose when they want and don't want to perform. If they aren't able to bring new players in I think the club could drop like a stone. They also could have a lot more trouble attracting top managers if there's no transfer kitty to be used.

Crustanoid

Will get reduced on appeal to zero window ban, and they’ll have their loan player limit reduced to 800 players

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I just imagine it or do these transfer bans always get handed out around this time of year?

The club then appeals which is slow walked and a decision made after the summer window when the club has concluded the next two windows worth of business.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Even if they appeal and have this summer to spend, clubs will just ask for a stupid premium knowing their circumstance. Hilarious stuff.
Pretty much this. I expect more Kepa-esque overpriced transfers. Not that the numbers can hurt Abramovich.

If the transfer ban is upheld, it would mean that they can't sell any players, either, right? This isn't Spain where the players can pay their own buyout clauses, I'd imagine players like Hazard and Hudson-Odoi would be stuck at Stamford Bridge till summer 2020?

cyberman

Sorry, I was alluding to the implications in this thread that it would be a downward spiral for Chelsea. The two Madrid clubs coped fine, that is what I was insinuating. Spurs have had a self inflicted transfer ban for two windows and they've coped okay too, I worded it poorly.
But they had top players in their sides. Chelsea are in desperate need of restructuring so not only will they be rushed into this process (not good based on previous transfer dealings) within a summer they will lose a year of progress behind it.
Two of their starting eleven are loan players.
The race for top 4 is ruthless at the minute. I don't think they can afford to fall so far behind the top 3 and (hopefully) United.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pretty much this. I expect more Kepa-esque overpriced transfers. Not that the numbers can hurt Abramovich.

If the transfer ban is upheld, it would mean that they can't sell any players, either, right? This isn't Spain where the players can pay their own buyout clauses, I'd imagine players like Hazard and Hudson-Odoi would be stuck at Stamford Bridge till summer 2020?
They can still sell players.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Am I just imagine it or do these transfer bans always get handed out around this time of year?

The club then appeals which is slow walked and a decision made after the summer window when the club has concluded the next two windows worth of business.
Yes. Looks severe at first, but not much damage in the end.

Josep Dowling

This is exactly how it will pan out:

Chelsea will appeal and delay the outcome until after the summer.

They will buy a shed load of players.

Fifa will then reduce their ban to one transfer window (January) when they don't need to buy anyone.

It's happened so many times, Barcelona, Atletico and Real Madrid all did the same thing. It's a pointless punishment.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
These bans always seem to be reduced once an appeal is lodged. It'll probably end up being one window. They'll sign some players in summer and they'll register in January, like Barca did. Or they'll delay it and it'll be a ban for next January.

Pagh Wraith

Blessing in disguise.
Sounds strange but if this leads to Hazard staying (which I think is more important to Chelsea than anything else) it might well be. Also gives them the chance to promote some of their promising youth players. And there is always Lucas Piazon to recall!

Nick7

This is exactly how it will pan out:

Chelsea will appeal and delay the outcome until after the summer.

They will buy a shed load of players.

Fifa will then reduce their ban to one transfer window (January) when they don't need to buy anyone.

It's happened so many times, Barcelona, Atletico and Real Madrid all did the same thing. It's a pointless punishment.
Barca and Atletico both missed summer windows.