Chelsea given two-window transfer ban | Free to sign players in January

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
What was the use of loaning all those players that never play for them anyway?
Well for a start, they develop at other clubs and increase their market value then sell on for serious dollar. You mean to tell me that you haven't noticed that Chelsea have been doing this for years?? They always have 30-40 players out on loan.

Ban

Well for a start, they develop at other clubs and increase their market value then sell on for serious dollar. You mean to tell me that you haven't noticed that Chelsea have been doing this for years?? They always have 30-40 players out on loan.
I know they've been doing this but it's a bit bizarre. And lots of players' careers get ruined that way.

Kag

This is probably about the 6th time our great decline has been predicted since 2010.
This is true, but has your recruitment ever been this bad?

There isn’t the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cech to prevent a slide. There isn’t the likes of Matic and Fabregas either. Even a Ramires, who would stand up and be counted. I look at your squad - which isn’t ‘bad’ by any means - and it’s all just a bit... flakey.

If Hazard leaves then your (almost) guaranteed performer is away, too.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry, no. Chelsea are a RICH club that could price everybody out of the transfer market when roman took over, nobody could compete. When it comes to developing talent, they are nowhere near the same level as any other club, the success comes down to spending big money for big transfer fees and big contracts. Yes they won the league, but look at the cost for them to do that, same as city now, a rich club.

Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool all have a reputation for combining expensive signings with young players coming through the youth system. Chelsea and City dont.

Chelsea are being punished for trying to shortcut their way through this issue, and by the sounds of it, City are not far behind.

Big club? dont make me laugh.
in the modern era, we are a big club. Todays players dont think "i want to join liverpool because they won loads in the 70s" Most of the players around today have grown up seeing mainly Chelsea, Utd and now Man City winning things. Its totally correct, players around now dont think we are a small club. When Liverpool dominated through the 70s and 80s they were bankrolled by the owners of Littlewoods, The Moore family. Lets not pretend your dominance back then was completely self made. You were kind of the man city and chelsea of the 70s and 80s. I love how many of your fans forget that. Liverpool are a massive club, but since the premier league's inception we are a far more successful club. Bankrolled by money which is almost a necessity nowadays.

Reactions: Ødegaard

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The ban will get appealed (we have confirmed this), it'll go to the CAS. Which by the way; won't put up with frivolous appeals, so we must be sure our evidence is water tight/strong. The club wouldn't go to the CAS if they weren't confident otherwise the ban would get extended, quite possibly

Once appeal goes in, ban is suspended, we will go mad in the summer window, and i think we will have to sign top top players. Plus there is some talent out on loan who can come into the squad.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
This is probably about the 6th time our great decline has been predicted since 2010.
It's every single year. It's up there with "theyre fecked when roman leaves" thats been said since day 1.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
They wont get out of this even on appeal, they've been found guilty of 28 improper deals, they're going to have to take this one on the chin and they know it.

The clamber for a striker in January and the Pulisic signing is evidence of this imo.
but they've appealed and are free to do business in the meantime

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
as I said, it will be interesting to see how they get round that too... and just because the Mail has a story doesn't make it fact
Of course and they also do not report it as fact by the way.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No chance we were ever spending 200m in the summer. Club is being run as a business these days and already spent that in last two windows. Looks to me like we planned for the ban already with Pulisic.

Trizy

No chance we were ever spending 200m in the summer. Club is being run as a business these days and already spent that in last two windows. Looks to me like we planned for the ban already with Pulisic.
One can hope :D

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Get ready to lose your house :drool:
wont happen. I didnt bet my house on us winning the appeal mind you, i bet it that we would get the ban lifted to enable us to buy this summer. I just cannot see how they can allow other teams to have it suspended, but not allow us. There would be no excuse for it

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
wont happen. I didnt bet my house on us winning the appeal mind you, i bet it that we would get the ban lifted to enable us to buy this summer. I just cannot see how they can allow other teams to have it suspended, but not allow us. There would be no excuse for it
If Roman's cheque doesn't arrive on time or isn't a satisfactory amount then the ban will be upheld.

Trizy

It's not like they signed less then 10 illegal players like Barcelona or A.Madrid. They broke the rule 28 times :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It's not like they signed less then 10 illegal players like Barcelona or A.Madrid. They broke the rule 28 times :lol:
but it still wont affect the ban itself being lifted whilst under appeal. When you appeal something, the judgement is not final. Your point is more related to the appeal winning or not.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We'll see about the appeal and if we can buy in the summer.

I don't see it as a big issue anyway, we have enough choice of players in the squad, youth setup and on loan, and Pulisic coming as well.

If Sarri is going to make it, and who we could replace with, if needed, looks far more pressing.

TheLord

Will appeal. Will sign players in the summer. Ban will apply for a single winter window.

That's generally how things are with these bans.

Transfer ban not suspended during appeal

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Chelsea's appeal to have the transfer ban suspended until the hearing has been denied. I'd like to see the precedent for this when you consider the in the past Spanish clubs have been afforded the privilege of signing players prior to the hearing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500863

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Chelsea's appeal to have the transfer ban suspended until the hearing has been denied. I'd like to see the precedent for this when you consider the in the past Spanish clubs have been afforded the privilege of signing players prior to the hearing.
Same thing happened with those. FIFA denied them the chance of having transfer ban suspended, the clubs then went to CAS who allowed them to register players. Chelsea will be going through same steps so no changes there.

Cassidy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ansfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

However, a FIFAinsider said: 'The Spanish clubs were allowed to appeal because the statutes about transferring minors were relatively new.

'Now they are established and confirmed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

'It may be the appeal committee thinks the previous cases have established the legitimacy of the statutes that Chelsea have been found guilty of breaking.'

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Same thing happened with those. FIFA denied it, the clubs then went to CAS who allowed them to register players. Chelsea will be going through same steps so no changes there.
I see. Cheers!

Cassidy

Same thing happened with those. FIFA denied it, the clubs then went to CAS who allowed them to register players. Chelsea will be going through same steps so no changes there.
Indeed, depends what CAS says

Trizy

It will get suspended/lifted. I'll bet my house on it
Get ready to lose your house :drool:
@ZolaWasMagic ;)

Cassidy

Same thing happened with those. FIFA denied them the chance of having transfer ban suspended, the clubs then went to CAS who allowed them to register players. Chelsea will be going through same steps so no changes there.
Thats what I thought but are the BBC then miss reporting?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500863

In previous cases, involving Spanish clubs, Fifa has relaxed the measures such that transfer bans were not enforced during the appeal process.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If they are stopped from signing players, they're fecked.

Reynoldo

They need to enforce this now and suspend transfer activities if the clubs are under investigation, feck innocent until proven guilty if they feel they have sufficient grounds!

While it would be really unfair that Barca and Real got away with it and Chelsea don't they need to set a precedent here going forward.

Trizy

Let's just hope the ban kicks in this summer. Otherwise we might face further competition for the players we're in for.

Once they stay away from Sancho and de Ligt I don't care what the outcome is :lol:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
it will get lifted. If not FIFA, CAS will. It's inevitable.

"The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs." CAS are lifing that, how can they possibly not?

The bolded part is literally the money shot.

Some people claim FIFA have broken the Swiss Law. They've set a precedent by allowing Madrid and Barca to register whilst an appeal is heard, any attempt to suddenly change the rules because it isn't one of their "golden boys" will get thrown out.

IIRC i think it was CAS which lifted Atletico's ban

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Let's just hope the ban kicks in this summer. Otherwise we might face further competition for the players we're in for.

Once they stay away from Sancho and de Ligt I don't care what the outcome is :lol:
Would those two players want to play in Europa next season if both of you don't get top four?