Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
I'd take a draw right now. Before it was confirmed that Rooney wasn't playing I thought we could sneak a win.
I know what you are saying, but unless it meant a point would win the league or a draw would get us into the next round of a cup competition i would never take a draw. I well remember when Fergie was manager of Aberdeen and they got a draw at Rangers. The players were celebrating like they had won something, Fergie was not happy. Iam not confident of us getting a result , but feck if i will settle for a draw.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You're hoping for the title then?
I would be quite happy moving up on the top 3 while having united fall back to 7 pts behind us. 2 pts off third and 7 ahead would be just fine. United winning would keep them a little too close. What result are you looking for?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I would be quite happy moving up on the top 3 while having united fall back to 7 pts behind us. 2 pts off third and 7 ahead would be just fine. United winning would keep them a little too close. What result are you looking for?
Draw would be perfect for me.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
In the early years of the PL it used to be Mondays don't forget, Friday's are by far more convenient not to mention practical when preceding European fixtures.
Yes, I do remember previous scheduling ideas and understand the potential benefits when it comes to Europe. It's just, I don't want my team to play and have the whole weekend with nothing to look forward to.

LR7

Guardian squad sheets. Can't see it being too much different.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Yeh, can't see it being any different. Maybe Smalling in for Evans from our side of things.

Siorac

In the early years of the PL it used to be Mondays don't forget, Friday's are by far more convenient not to mention practical when preceding European fixtures.
Early years? Used to be? There will a Premier League game next Monday. We played Chelsea on a Monday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our team on paper still looks strong, you just have to forget how some of them have been playing!

These Rooney and VP injuries overlapping are pure sods law material though. And both seem to be those kind of injuries that go on and on, until you find yourself in Late Feb and they're still not back.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Please no evans. We looked solid with vidic and smalling in the heart of our defence. Lets keep it like that.
Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact we had 2 holding midfielders playing?

Nah, of course it's because Evans wasn't there.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Haha. Yeah. You really have to wonder if people are watching our matches this season if they criticize Evans and big up Smalling-Vidic partnership.

Irwinwastheking

Haha. Yeah. You really have to wonder if people are watching our matches this season if they criticize Evans and big up Smalling-Vidic partnership.
I've said it so many times that the agenda against Evans here by some is unreal. Any excuse for a pop at him and off they go.

Steven Seagull

I've said it so many times that the agenda against Evans here by some is unreal. Any excuse for a pop at him and off they go.
You need to stop worrying about Evans so much. He's had about as little criticism as anybody on here recently. Not everybody has to believe he's quite as good as you suggest even if his form is pretty good.

Just had a proper look at the table for the first time in a couple of weeks. Looks pretty grim considering the fixtures this week. The loss to Spurs was a killer

Goooose

We rarely got anything out of these games when we had great teams. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking we can win this one. That's not pessimism or defeatism, it's realistic.

Irwinwastheking

You need to stop worrying about Evans so much. He's had about as little criticism as anybody on here recently. Not everybody has to believe he's quite as good as you suggest even if his form is pretty good.

Just had a proper look at the table for the first time in a couple of weeks. Looks pretty grim considering the fixtures this week. The loss to Spurs was a killer
I'll worry about what I want, and if I think there's an irrational witch hunt against one of our players ill fecking well say so.

I don't give a feck if they think he's as good as I do, but posts like that from Freak need to be called out.

LR7

Irwin's quite highly strung. Seems to have set himself a personal mission to shoot down all criticism that he disagrees with (which is generally all criticism).
Fwiw I think Evans is definitely part of our strongest XI. Vidic still has a big part to play but I think Evans and Jones will be our first choice pairing at the back soon enough, once we get the midfield sorted and Jones can play in his natural position.

LARulz

DDG, Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Gundogan, Januzaj, Kagawa, Reus and Welbeck.

Moyes has less than 24 hours to get that done.

But I think we'll play the exact same team against Chelsea as we did Swansea. I'd have no issues with it as long as Kagawa starts in the middle

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Early years? Used to be? There will a Premier League game next Monday. We played Chelsea on a Monday.
The dynamic isn't quite the same, partly because there were simply fewer matches of any sort being televised. The Monday slot had a vibe closer to that of the Sunday 4 o'clock of today, whereas i would suggest that nowadays the Monday evening Kick Off is looked upon in a similar fashion to that of the 17:30 on Saturday.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

Which is why I said keep it with Vidic and smalling, and earlier had also said keep with the team that played in that second half against Swansea. I don't get why posters like you get so defensive with Evans.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We're beating them with Super Danny Welbeck getting a winner.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can just imagine us defending amazingly well for 70 minutes, and then we concede a shitty header to Terry or Cahill.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Moyes just needs to remember to use the hairdryer after the pre-match team talk as opposed to at half time.

If Dowd appears to be in a lenient mood then maybe have Jones or Vidic let Oscar know that he's in a game in the first five or ten minutes.

soapythecat

I think scoring is going to be our problem. I definitely think Chelsea will score, just because they always seem to do so against us. Welbeck can score us goals but he isn't a clinical as we may well need tomorrow. If we get a chance, then we need to take it as they will be limited. I said to a Chelsea supporting workmate that we will get beat 2-0. Nothing has changed my mind on that. Sad times!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I think scoring is going to be our problem. I definitely think Chelsea will score, just because they always seem to do so against us. Welbeck can score us goals but he isn't a clinical as we may well need tomorrow. If we get a chance, then we need to take it as they will be limited. I said to a Chelsea supporting workmate that we will get beat 2-0. Nothing has changed my mind on that. Sad times!
His conversion rate can't be all that bad at the minute, if we can release Danny and Januzaj on the counter we'll create some chances [both have the beating of Chelsea's CBs].

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I hope we really go for it rather than sit back. There's a good chance we'll be 8 points off 4th when we play so sitting back shouldn't be an option

Salfordlad70

I hope we really go for it rather than sit back. There's a good chance we'll be 8 points off 4th when we play so sitting back shouldn't be an option
Chelsea will start the game expecting us to sit back and counter.I would love us to take the game to them early on and give them something to think about.They have way too much creative talent to let them control the play in and around our box.West Brom gave them it a go and look where that nearly got them.Liverpool should have have been more positive and that got them nowhere.I think we have a chance if we go there with confidence and try to score first.If we concede then we can perhaps try to expose them on the break.All in all I am not confident, but wouldn't it be just like United to go and bloody win!!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If the appearance of being defensive is to a purpose though?

If the aim is to frustrate Chelsea or invite them on so that we can get the goal on the counter then the method has reason.

Which isn't to say that we park two banks of four across the penalty area, just that we have making life uncomfortable for Chelsea as a priority.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If the appearance of being defensive is to a purpose though?

If the aim is to frustrate Chelsea or invite them on so that we can get the goal on the counter then the method has reason.

Which isn't to say that we park two banks of four across the penalty area, just that we have making life uncomfortable for Chelsea as a priority.
That I don't mind but very often when we go with a defensive frame of mind we just lump it up meaning there's no offensive threat at all. I do think Chelsea are there for the taking if we have a go at them

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Looking forward to this, even though the odds are against us, I think we can definitely snatch a win here.

I haven't heard anything about Rooney being back for the game which is a shame, but we've all seen what Hernandez can do against Chelsea. Not to mention Welbeck is in a decent spell of form.

To all you lucky buggers who managed to get tickets for this game, hope you make a load of noise and support the team. Our away fans are always class.

Status
Not open for further replies.