Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAm20Legend

<sigh> .. :rolleyes:
This has been painful.
Sure there'll be a gala time at the 'redcafe goes into meltdown' threads elsewhere..

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If they aren't going to use these players, isn't it just a huge waste of money? I am surprised the owner is happy with it.
To Abramovich, Chelsea is just an extension of his toys. He barely even shows up these days. You think he uses all of his fleet of yachts? No way. There are probably a few docked in Monaco he's forgotten he even owns. Same thing with the loan players.

You can guarantee he's made out like the corrupt crook he is from building contracts for Sochi 2014 too. Probably made more on bribes in a week than all 24 of those loan players cost him.

binary bot
I fecking love Rafael, obviously that isn't on but he just cares far more than the rest of them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We are a fecking team of retards. What the feck was Rafael thinking?

Absolutely no discipline.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am sure that Moyes will be happy with our performance

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's a late, knee-high scissor tackle with both feet completely off the ground. How the feck isn't it a red?

And Rafa should be off too. We've lost it, our mentality has gone to utter shit. When the pressure is on instead of battling through it we just crumble like schoolchildren.
What!?

You my friend, have seen a totally different challenge.

Duafc

Village Lemon
The reliance Fergie made us have on those players to carry an increasingly poor squad is the real issue. We should have strengthened several areas before this summer.

Definitely. In fairness I don't think we went into any summer and thought "Midfielder? Na, no need!"

We don't spunk money away and Fergie had been burned numerous time with poor midfield signings. We should have bought and bought better but if the right player isn't there at the right time you shouldn't just spend.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I fecking love Rafael, obviously that isn't on but he just cares far more than the rest of them.

Yea the same, lost his shit, could've been sent off but he's the only one to still give a feck in 90th minute.

Vidić was never ever a fecking red card, you have to literally be blind to say so. Luiz should've been off in the first half for amount of fouls as well.

Red Stone

Have I walked into some parallel universe of feckwit refs. Neither of those tackles are reds. Vidic was a yellow at most. Rafael was a normal tackle.

Edit: Seeing Rafa again, reckless but got the ball.
Maybe in fecking MMA. Rafael's was a straight red.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Another insipid, pathetic performance. First 12 minutes were good, then utter gash from then on.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Criticising Welbeck for not being a natural goal scorer when he's scored 6 in 6 smacks of criticising for the sake of it.
He's not a natural goal scorer so what's your point? I wasn't critising him I was giving an honest opinion. A natural goal scorer would have got at least one today Welbeck is a good player but he's not a goal scorer regardless if he hit 6 in 6 (7).

gasmanc

Banned
More of a red, Supremely lucky he took the ball and nothing else.

Vidic's frustration was good to see but that is way beyond the pale from Rafa.
He might as well have just snapped him Dowd giving the straight red was pathetic by even his standards.
Quite pleased with how we stood up in the face of the luck Chelsea had.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Never a red for Vidic, was a crap, late tackle and a definate yellow (even our players looked suprised at the red). Was a horrible one from Rafael.

I was hoping Luiz would get subbed at halftime, I think that's the last we'll see of him in midfield for Jose. Him charging into people was reckless at best.

Also, from before the game.....

I think you'll come at us to start with. If we don't concede in the first 20 mins I predict a comfortable victory.
I want a name change to Nostraduffmas.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Why do people praise reckless challenges saying at least they are showing passion or that they care?

Nothing shows you dont care and are not thinking of the team than being reckless and getting sent off.

Vidic debatable, but these days it is a red, you would be screaming red if it were reversed. Rafael definite red.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Lou Macari saying it wasn't a sending off as very little contact, I haven't seen it yet. Surely if the intent was there the ref was justified to send him off? Can someone give an opinion.

Moriarty

Why do people praise reckless challenges saying at least they are showing passion or that they care?

Nothing shows you dont care and are not thinking of the team than being reckless and getting sent off.

Vidic debatable, but these days it is a red, you would be screaming red if it were reversed. Rafael definite red.
Karma's even. Remember that Joe Cole tackle on Ronaldo at OT a few years ago? He stayed on. The wheel has now turned full circle.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

Like feck we would:lol:

It was a normal yellow card challenge. I'm guessing you didn't "see" Luiz's many reckless challenges today.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

No it isn't. Show me a similar challenge that has been red-carded in the Prem this season? Because theres tackles like that which have got yellows occuring all the time. Januzaj's taken a shit-ton of them.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So again, by this reckoning, Paul Scholes would never have recieved yellow cards - he would have only ever got Reds.

If the tackles in question showed no intent to get the ball and involved reckless force, then yeah, it should be a red.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Rafa's challange was much worse then Vidic's but I guess he was saved because he actually hit the ball, still the red against Vidic was just a stupid decision.
The only reason he was "saved" was because Dowd bottled it as he had given a read to Vidic earlier. Moronic decision, Rafa's was a read every day of the week, dreadful challenge.

Duafc

Village Lemon

Agree with all except Vidas. If that challenge happens at 1-1 at say 40 mins, it's a yellow. The Ref has let the 'frustration' element inform his decision. Of course the frustration makes it malicious which can push a yellow to a red, but it's still harsh for me.

Not a massive factor in the game and I don't think it really hurts us in the next 3 games.

Mourinho won the game for yous there, set it up perfectly. A few lucky/shit defending goals and it was really comfortable. Typical Mourinho performance in many ways.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
You're an idiot.
And you are the bestest fan in the whole history of football fandom. Congratulations sir!

I wasn't saying that he should be sacked, only that pretty much any other team wouldn't have our patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.