Chelsea vs Messi (Chelsea vs Barca thread)

S.A.N.F

Just now on SSN:

Chelsea have confirmed that they have already lodged an appeal for the red card they are set to receive on Wednesday.
update: congratz chewsea, incredible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Last time the two met was the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen.

Barca will win this one comfortably. Hopefully it will derail chelsea's attempts for cl football next season as well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Both legs were terrible in terms of refereeing.The return leg overshadowed the first match but I still remembered that the referee made big errors then too.Hopefully this time, only the football will do the talking

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?

Why does this joke need a new thread? Ok anyways...Barca win without the help of the Ref.

Neutral

BTV
The five-second rule: when to press and when to drop off

Barcelona are devastating in attack but their ability to win the ball back swiftly is vital to their success.

Albert Capellas, formerly of Barca's famed La Masia academy, told me of the "five-second rule", where the team press their opponents immediately on losing possession but then drop deep if they fail to regain it within five seconds.

Barca then wait for precise triggers to press again. If a pass bounces off a foot, or an attacker needs to look down at the ball - as soon as their opponents' options are limited, Barca pounce again.
There you go...now go and counter that, easy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Full Story:

Chelsea have confirmed they have launched an appeal to the red card they will receive in tonight Champions League Fixture. The red card will be the 540th of the season for Barcelona's opposition, an average of 12 red cards per game.

John Terry opted to comment in Di Matteo's place saying "Yeah it hurts a lot when one of your team mates get sent off unfairly, it hurts right in my lion heart but I'll soldier on and I'll battle through the next match."

Didier Drogba decribed it as a "fecking disgrace".

Micheal Essien thought it was a clear red. "By my calculations, he must have taken the player out first" replays showed no Barcelona player was present at the time of the foul.

S.A.N.F

Full Story:

Chelsea have confirmed they have launched an appeal to the red card they will receive in tonight Champions League Fixture. The red card will be the 540th of the season for Barcelona's opposition, an average of 12 red cards per game.

John Terry opted to comment in Di Matteo's place saying "Yeah it hurts a lot when one of your team mates get sent off unfairly, it hurts right in my lion heart but I'll soldier on and I'll battle through the next match."

Micheal Essien thought it was a clear red. "By my calculations, he must have taken the player out first" replays showed no Barcelona player was present at the time of the foul.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Every single sentence is funny.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hopefully this time Barca get screwed over by the ref.

Varun

Staff
Will be rooting for Chelsea but cant see them posing too much of a problem to this barca team. Barca have become better, chelsea gone backwards since the last time they met.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
:lol:

There are a lot that goes into that to be fair.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hope Barcelona demolishes Chelsea.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
What's the rolleyes for? Is it out of this world to suggest Messi won't score against Chelsea, not because he can't, but because, he won't?
Nothing that deep, just because he isn't playing tonight.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
So if you subtract crosses, passes and shots from his total touches, that's how many times he has loses the ball to a tackle or running the ball out of play?

2906-2085-129-81 = 611

That means that Messi loses the ball 21% of the times he has it, and 79% of the time he has the ball he does something productive with it, ie shoots, passes or crosses it, right? That's ridiculous for a player with his playing style.

Guy Incognito

I think Big Man Terry will score and shout to the camera 'How you like me now?'

After Messi gets a ten goal headstart of course.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
As they say 'Football is a funny game' and 18 times in 20 I'd expect this Barca side to beat Chelsea but it can go against the grain and I think this could be it

Chelsea have been relatively poor for a while but every now and again somebody like Drogba is capable of raising himself and being unplayable. I still think he has a few more games like that in him

Messi can have an off night. Lamps Drog Essien can roll back the years - unlikely but not impossible

If there's any balance Chelsea are certainly owed a refereeing decision or two and Barca are due a couple against them so..

Barca should win the tie comfortably but I think Chelsea will get close to them and might even get through

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If there's any balance to Chelsea being owed "a refereeing decision or two," we are living in a universe where karma is more important than Newtonian physics or football skills. Also the karma is pretty shite as it strives to make up for past mistakes causing bigger feck ups later on.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
As much as I hate to see it with Chelsea fans being pricks but I believe Chelsea will get a result vs Barca. I hope it doesnt happen though.

Neo_Mufc

Seeing as Chelsea have hit some good form and are finally showing their worth I'd say they should score tomorrow but they haven't really had a test as big as this since AVB left.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Messi hasn't scored in an English ground? (Apart from Wembley)

Sky sports will no doubt use this to give Chelsea some encouragement but I think they'll get caught out .

I don't think there will be many goals. Guadiola and Barcelona will have one eye on Saturday so he could take a few star men off early.

Shimo

Whatever the odds, hope Chelsea find a way to get through. Mostly because I think it helps reduce some of the question marks of how good is the PL.

That and I hate Barca more.

Rossi19

Tag Master
I want Chelsea to get to the final and it go to penalties... lionheart JT steps up with his penalty to win it... he scuffs his penalty and fall on his arse, with Chelsea going on to lose.

That would be perfect

Inspectah deck

Low scoring game I think, a draw or narrow Barca win. It will be a typical pep team away in the champions league KO stages post 2010-playing cagey for a narrow win. He'll probably start Keita to give some physicality and defensive strength, Puyol at left back with Masch and Pique in the middle.

stretford_oslo

Full Story:

:lol:

Sw33t

I was hoping Wolfgang Stark would be the ref when I heard German, instead it was Felix Brych :(

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Terry and Luiz ready for their comedy sketch against Messi. I can't wait to see this.