Chelsea vs Messi (Chelsea vs Barca thread)

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Finishing up my paeds rotation early and heading off to the pub to watch this with a few rentie supporting mates. Going to be mayhem tonight, Chelsea's best bet is to flood the midfield and not concede an away goal. Concede any away goals and they're as good as fecked in this tie (if they weren't already).

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
i want barcelona to win this leg, first because i don't like chelsea -sorry chelsea caftards-

and second because i want to see a real madrid vs barcelona final

and there, i want real madrid to win
Watched them last night and they weren't that impressive. Bayern will be a far more imposing threat to Barca (notwithstanding the fact that the final's being played at their ground). Madrid against Barca on a neutral ground will be the same old story I reckon.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Even if we lose to Barca, I wouldn't want the final to be another El Clasico.

The final between the clubs from the same country just doesn't appeal to me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Me neither. Who does want them to go through on this site?

Think I saw Adexkola saying he wouldnt mind, but he is a yank and probably doesnt understand.
Strange comment, what does him being American have to do with it? Assuming you were being serious, that is.

Varun

Staff
Will be honest here, just dont want Barca picking up another CL. They're winning too much :(. That said, i dont want Chelsea to win it either so i'l be rooting for chelsea in the semi and for bayern/real in the final. hoping bayern lift the trophy come may really..

misterredmist

I hope Bayern get through the other tie but they've a hell of a job on next week in Madrid, as for Chavski, a draw tonight will be a good result for them, a win mega , I just don't see them getting through though - damage limitation then at Camp Now for a 2-5 aggregate.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There are many reasons (some of which I'd apply to myself at the moment). One being their current level and how it directly affects the chances of United being successful in Europe in the future. Had they gone out against Chelsea in 09 we'd have a had a better shot at winning the competition. It's hardly as if the two teams are in complete isolation of each other.

Then there is the cheating aspect which doesn't have to have anything to do with the two finals but it exists in epic quantities, as it does with Madrid.

Personally, I want Barca to drop off a few notches from their current ridiculous level. The cheating is irritating but the former is a more relevant factor for me.

Having said that, I would still want them to beat (read smash) Chelsea. I think the whole sugar daddy concept is football's biggest poison and for them to achieve the one biggest aim they had 8 years back would be a bit sickening. For all they annoy me, Barcelona are a good club that have worked hard for their success. Their status in the world game wasn't handed to them on a plate.

Also, I'd like us to be the king of our own domain, at least. Your most relevant environment is your closest one.
It's just that I've seen seen "because they beat twice in the final" reason mentioned so much that I posted.If some wanna back Chelsea for other reason then I see no problem.
I think it's extremely small time and bitter to only use the defeat in the two finals (for those who do it) as a reason to hope that Chelsea gets to the final

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Chelsea has also got more defensive stability than in 2009 when they played the first leg with Bosingwa at left-back due to the various injuries going.
That was probably a blessing in disguise given Messi's tendency to cut inside from the right.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think a lot of people are giving Chelsea too much of a chance, on the basis of blowing away a Spurs team that have been abject for ages now.

I think Barca will absolutely destroy them, home and away. Should be one of the most one-sided semis ever.

Sw33t

I agree Pogue, it should be, but it is a cup competition after all...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think a lot of people are giving Chelsea too much of a chance, on the basis of blowing away a Spurs team that have been abject for ages now.

I think Barca will absolutely destroy them, home and away. Should be one of the most one-sided semis ever.
I do think Barcelona will go through but I think it will be close tonight anyway. Chelsea can be stubborn when they need to be and it will be nowhere near as one sided as our game with Shalke in the semis

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I've been saying this for the last few days. And Spurs actually looked the better side when they recently played in the league.

It's just that I've seen seen "because they beat twice in the final" reason mentioned so much that I posted.If some wanna back Chelsea for other reason then I see no problem.
I think it's extremely small time and bitter to only use the defeat in the two finals (for those who do it) as a reason to hope that Chelsea gets to the final
Football is an emotional game. Noone likes to see their team take apart.

But to be honest, I would have been much worse affected had we lost the final to Chelsea in 08.

My sentiments are similar to Varun's. I just don't like to see any team so dominant other than us. That, and I don't like their antics and I'm not particularly fond of their style of play.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Me neither. Who does want them to go through on this site?

Think I saw Adexkola saying he wouldnt mind, but he is a yank and probably doesnt understand.
:lol: Fair enough

I'll repeat though, I don't want Barcelona getting to another final. I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea getting reamed by Bayern/Real in the final.

Varun

Staff

Over 2 legs, barca should get through comfortably., the game at nou camp is the one i expect them to utterly dominate chelsea in. Tonight, i think chelsea will give them a good game. They'l have to be at their best though.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Even compared to United v Schalke?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I want Real Madrid to win the CL this year, then Ronaldo can come back home to us after satisfying his need to win everything with Madrid :drool:

Leg-End

Wouldn't suprise me to see Chelsea come away with a result at home or something that resembles a result against Barca anyway. 2-1 with Chelsea truly believing they are marvelous.

redevil2

I want Chelsea to get to the final and it go to penalties... lionheart JT steps up with his penalty to win it... he scuffs his penalty and fall on his arse, with Chelsea going on to lose.

That would be perfect
TBH, this will be funny but it won't be the scenario I prefer. The 2008 scenario is too precious to be overshadowed by an incident like you propose.

redevil2

Even if we lose to Barca, I wouldn't want the final to be another El Clasico.

The final between the clubs from the same country just doesn't appeal to me.
Same here! A Barca v Bayern Final will be a great game to watch for all neutral. Plus, there won't be a game full of players falling over

redevil2

I'm leaning towards the Chavs too, if only to redress the balance after the last fiasco against Barca.
Why! Am I among the minority thinking since we couldn't beat Barca, I would prefer no English team will... just coz of a bit of ego in us! I fancy a Barca v Bayern Final and Bayern to win it. :cool:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Despite Barca being the clear better team I still tonight's game to be close in terms of final scoreline.A bit like the 2-2 at the Emirates 2-3 years ago when Barca utterly dominated Arsenal in the game.
At the Nou Camp ,it'll be another story, Chelsea will be find it hard there.

CheadleBeagle

I hope Barca destroy Chelsea and win it all as I hate Bayern and I don't care much for Real either. It always amazes me how a team like Chelsea that is so crap in their own league can get to this stage of the CL but I suppose knock-out competitions can produce that kind of thing. Rather like Portsmouth winning the FA Cup.