Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

diarm

Was in a sports shop in Singapore today picking up the new Ireland jersey for the Rugby World Cup.
It's a big place and they had the full "Break Expectations" display (took up quarter of the store) with broken mirrors and the massive fork and all.

Totally sold out of United shirts, there were 15 topless mannequins around the shop, all wearing the shorts and socks.
Guy behind the counter who does the name printing told me they've sold tens of thousands, said he's never seen anything like it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Utd's official photographer blokey has posted this.
Why's he babbling shit when it's already been confirmed by Adidas themselves that the away release is on the 11th?

ChaddyP

Proof that women can choose the men's version if they wish, and still look fit:

This is from some photoshoot bollocks on the soccerbible website, but I gotta say these hired models make the kit look even better :lol: like an everyday piece of clothing.
http://www.soccerbible.com/design/photography/2015/08/framed-by-soccerbible-man-utd-home/
Most places around the world wearing a sport jersey is considered an everyday peice or clothing. I think UK alone is where you're considered a "Wanker" for wearing a kit just to go out on a regular day. By the those photos are mint

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've never seen so many people wearing our shirt at the game as I did on Saturday. I was one of the few not wearing the new shirt around where I was sat.

I'll probably pick one up or a training top eventually. The black and red top the players warmed up in looked smart.

Lennon7

How come the crest is different on the players jersey and the one fans can buy?

The one the players wear is 115 quid on the Adidas website
It's probably so it doesn't cause any discomfort to the player in any way with the stitching rubbing on their skin, but for everyday wear it doesn't really matter. The material is also lighter (thinner). Complete waste of money, even if you're wanting to play football in it yourself... just another way of getting a few extra quid out of us I reckon!

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
It's probably so it doesn't cause any discomfort to the player in any way with the stitching rubbing on their skin, but for everyday wear it doesn't really matter. The material is also lighter (thinner). Complete waste of money, even if you're wanting to play football in it yourself... just another way of getting a few extra quid out of us I reckon!
Fair point.

Also, checked there, the crest is different for the players. It doesn't have the red material the crest is printed on, like the ones everyday people can buy

Lennon7

Most places around the world wearing a sport jersey is considered an everyday peice or clothing. I think UK alone is where you're considered a "Wanker" for wearing a kit just to go out on a regular day. By the those photos are mint
It's probably because of the nationwide rivalries you get over here and the passion Brits have for their teams. The only place you'd be safe from the occasional piss take, verbal insult or possibly even violence depending on where you are and when would be that teams home city. Especially with United.

Besides that, it just looks daft wearing it anywhere but at home or at a football event. Why wouldn't you just wear a normal t-shirt and present yourself properly?

Lennon7

Fair point.

Also, checked there, the crest is different for the players. It doesn't have the red material the crest is printed on, like the ones everyday people can buy
The £60 replicas have the badge stitched on to a red sort of mount, which is stitched on to the shirt. The player spec one which is at least £40 more has the badge heat transferred on, like the sponsor is (but probably a bit more durable).

Lennon7

Utd's official photographer blokey has posted this.
Looking at that picture, does anyone think it might be nicer if they slightly altered the badge by making the red in the badge as dark as the red stripes, and the yellow in the badge more gold coloured like the Chevy logo?

I'm struggling to picture it, so a decent photoshop would be appreciated!

MkPaul

learnt from the best
I've never seen so many people wearing our shirt at the game as I did on Saturday. I was one of the few not wearing the new shirt around where I was sat.

I'll probably pick one up or a training top eventually. The black and red top the players warmed up in looked smart.
First game of the season, new kit from a new brand and it was roasting!

It was great to see Old Trafford look so red/white. Fans normally take any opportunity to wear a black coat and show no colours :lol: Thankfully there were none on Saturday.

Oo0AahCantona

it is odd how if you were to see somebody wearing a Boston celtics jersey, or a hardwood classics nba top, or hockey/nfl gear, you dont bat an eyelid, but you see someone wearing a chelsea shirt or some newcastle trackies, you just think wanker/scum.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Looking at that picture, does anyone think it might be nicer if they slightly altered the badge by making the red in the badge as dark as the red stripes, and the yellow in the badge more gold coloured like the Chevy logo?

I don't think the badge colours should be changed. I assume they have fixed rgb values. Would be interesting to see the adidas stripes matched. I'd be amazed if they didn't try that.

Raw

Gave it a shot

ChaddyP

It's probably because of the nationwide rivalries you get over here and the passion Brits have for their teams. The only place you'd be safe from the occasional piss take, verbal insult or possibly even violence depending on where you are and when would be that teams home city. Especially with United.

Besides that, it just looks daft wearing it anywhere but at home or at a football event. Why wouldn't you just wear a normal t-shirt and present yourself properly?
different cultures i suppose. I consider a jersey pretty normal looking to be worn casually. its not my style per say, as i would wear a suit to a game if i could, but i don't look on someone strange wondering why they are wearing a jersey at the mall or walking about there business in the streets. I understand the tribal warfare in Britain though. I've been to a latin american countries like Panama and for them wearing a jersey is completely normal. Its actually almost ridiculous. They will wear a jersey out to dinner :lol:

Lennon7

I don't think the badge colours should be changed. I assume they have fixed rgb values. Would be interesting to see the adidas stripes matched. I'd be amazed if they didn't try that.
They changed the yellow to gold for the 2007 kit and it looked great. @Raw that looks alright I think!

decorativeed

They changed the yellow to gold for the 2007 kit and it looked great. @Raw that looks alright I think!
They did, and I agree. It made the crest look much less cartoony, which is my main issue with it. Given all the changes that went along with the change of sponsors, I think we missed an opportunity to update the crest this year.

decorativeed

Changing to match an historical kit versus a much despised Chevy logo is quite a different scenario.
Well the original 50s kit that the 2006 one was based on never had a crest, it was just a thing that Nike decided to do, and it was a massive improvement. We should have kept the crest like that.

RonaldoVII

Ordered the home shirt with Schweinsteiger 31 and prem badges for £62.95 delivered from Kitbag. Signed up to their newsletter for 10% off first order. Don't think it's cheaper anywhere else, should get it in a couple of days :)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
True!

Though having seen a few ladies wearing that shirt yesterday, it does look awful. Regardless of the (non?) issue of sexism, it looks cheap & like a fake ladies version of the actual shirt.

IF I was a lady & inclined to wear a United shirt, I'd get the normal one.
Which I have just done. The new women's shirt is nothing more than a skimpy tee-shirt top, whereas the Nike one last year was well-styled for women.

Kakeru

it is odd how if you were to see somebody wearing a Boston celtics jersey, or a hardwood classics nba top, or hockey/nfl gear, you dont bat an eyelid, but you see someone wearing a chelsea shirt or some newcastle trackies, you just think wanker/scum.
It depends of which team(s) you would support in other disciplines as well as who are the historical rivals in front. Someone who is a Montreal Canadiens fan (for example) will most likely see the first man or woman wearing anything related to the Boston Bruins as an asshole.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'd consider people walking around in American sports tops just as twatish as those in British ones, fwiw. In fact I'd consider them a very specific type of meat-headed movie jock twat.

US TV writers use it as a shorthand for "dumb" all the time. Unless it's things about loveable slobs with improbably fit wives, starting Adam Sandler or Kevin James...in which case the audience use it as shorthand for cnut.

Last edited:

ChaddyP

These are up there with the sexiest home and away we have ever had. I'm lost for words to describe how much I love them. ♥