Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Great man Chicha! He looked so overwhelmed till the end on the bench. Maybe he realised he's going to be back on it for the rest of the season again...

But seriously, so happy for him, as he must have felt like shit for the past 2 seasons.

Super Nani

Very happy for him to get such an important goal, I hope we give him a chance under van Gaal before selling him. It's not like we need the transfer money right now and considering Falcao will likely be off it would be nice for Chicharito to get another chance. Also, this girls clearly a big fan so it would also make her very happy, come on Louis, give Little Pea a chance!

Ananke

Great player who's scored some big game changing goals for us over the years. He needed game time to develop really and he never got it. Kinda reminds me of solskjaer. Never the main man but when he came on he was always in the right places to nick goals.

No matter where he ends up, hope he gets the game time and does well.

Tyrion

If we can't get a good striker in the summer, bringing him back and offloading RVP and Falcao may actually save us money. Rooney, Wilson and Hernandez are decent options to have if we're only going with one up front.

He won't be the main man here though. His general play lacks and he misses too many chances for a player of his style to be a regular in the top sides. He's a good player though and, afaik, a good guy so I hope it all works out for him.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Want to punch Henry in his smug, idiot head.
Chicharito - hardly getting a game all season - scores the winner in the CL QF against the team's big city rivals and he's supposed to stop his natural instinct to celebrate in order to go and kiss Ronaldo's boots?
Sky really messed up big time giving him a bumper contract as a pundit, he's useless.

one340

He does what Falcao has failed to do. Look at the goal...he feigns a run and cuts back to lose his marker. Straight out of the textbook for a striker, which is why I am surprised that Falcao doesn't have the movement to get himself in similar positions at least once a game. I believe with Chicharito this season we could have been making a run for the title. We lost a lot of points where we just needed someone with his type of instincts.

What's his goals to games ratio now? Must be among the top in the world.
Hindsight is 20/20 though. Yeah if we had kept him we probably would be challenging, but at the time, considering Falcao's reputation and Chicharito's previous season, only a psychic would have guessed hernandez would have had a better season.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Chicharito - hardly getting a game all season - scores the winner in the CL QF against the team's big city rivals and he's supposed to stop his natural instinct to celebrate in order to go and kiss Ronaldo's boots?
Sky really messed up big time giving him a bumper contract as a pundit, he's useless.
I totally agree re the punch. What a complete and utter dickhead he proved himself to be tonight. And such moral high ground from a cheat...

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Hindsight is 20/20 though. Yeah if we had kept him we probably would be challenging, but at the time, considering Falcao's reputation and Chicharito's previous season, only a psychic would have guessed hernandez would have had a better season.
To be fair though, you can't really judge a player when he's not playing - he didn't get many chances in the previous season, though he played a blinder against Villa, yet was promptly relegated to the bench again.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
the comments at this time from the fickle spanish press and fans is to buy Chicharito. Everybody very proud of him, basically because he showed "cojones" when was needed

Acole9

Outstanding
At the time I thought it was a great move by Sky as he did a very good job as a pundit on BBC at the World Cup but he's been bloody awful, watching the pre match analysis for our game last Saturday was painful, he looked totally perplexed.

Raul Madrid

the comments at this time from the fickle spanish press and fans is to buy Chicharito. Everybody very proud of him, basically because he showed "cojones" when was needed
He did very well and worked extremely hard. He has a great attitude and I have to say I am absolutely delighted for him. He gave everything out there tonight and it is very easy to see why United fans like him so much.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He does what Falcao has failed to do. Look at the goal...he feigns a run and cuts back to lose his marker. Straight out of the textbook for a striker, which is why I am surprised that Falcao doesn't have the movement to get himself in similar positions at least once a game. I believe with Chicharito this season we could have been making a run for the title. We lost a lot of points where we just needed someone with his type of instincts.

Falcao can get in those positions but LvG doesnt give him the freedom to do so - he has very specific instructions for his striker and makes them play a very disciplined role for the team. Falcao is not really suited to it and Chicharito is even less suited to that kind of play which is why he will never be a starter in a LvG team.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He did very well and worked extremely hard. He has a great attitude and I have to say I am absolutely delighted for him. He gave everything out there tonight and it is very easy to see why United fans like him so much.
Goal in liga, very important goal in Champions and new girlfriend, good month for him

Slartibartfast

Great game ran his socks off & was pulling the Athletico defence around well in the first half, tired in the second but still created a good chance for himself on 80 mins & then totally deserved the goal. His workrate was excellent & looked improved on his normal output for us, but he still has that warmth kinda like Forlan that means you just want him to do so well - and he did

Ananke

I just watched the sky pundit interview. What the hell is wrong with Henry? Seriously sounds like he's got a stick up his a$$. Why is he even talking about the celebration and making such a big deal? Him, Ronaldo and plenty of big players score tap ins to win games and don't turn around and kiss the other guys boots. I just think he's genuinely upset Real Madrid went through and found something to gripe on.

Devil may care

Great moment for him and he had a pretty good game all round I thought, showed more control on the ball than he often does and ran the channels well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very happy for him. Didn't watch the match but from reading the comments it seems he worked extremely hard throughout the match and then scored a crucial goal. Typical Hernandez really.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Very happy for him. Didn't watch the match but from reading the comments it seems he worked extremely hard throughout the match and then scored a crucial goal. Typical Hernandez really.
Was easily his best game in a Madrid shirt.

Well, not like he played many yet anyway. :lol:

Bebe

Earlier in the season Falcao's movement in the box was absolutely incredible. It was noted at various times both on the Caf and by journos/commentators. It seems that as his confidence has declined this season, he's lost that sharpness and anticipation. But watch some of his earlier performances for us and you'll see Falcao getting into those positions and dragging defenders all over the place.

kiristao

Was very surprised how well he did last night. Kept the ball well & showed good strength as well.. not something he has done very often in England. Had a couple of great chances to score before he did but was glad to see him finally score. Like @Slartibartfast said, there is something warm and genuine about him that you always want him to score.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He will be a good player at the right club, I still think he can score a lot of goals for a Europa league side therefore we should be looking at £20m or something but I can see the club selling him for £5m.

I'd rather have loaned him to a side where he would be first choice and one that matches well with him stylistically so he would get a lot of goals, the performances would drive his price up.
We will not get £20m for him, he's spent the last two seasons barely playing. Good player and a great finisher but he's not really the top bracket. I was discussing this 3-4 years ago when he had just broken through and said that he wasn't a £30m+ player, I was ridiculed a lot.

I like him a lot and will be sad to see him go on a permanent basis but it has to happen. I don't think Real will make it permanent though, they are likely to go for a marquee signing instead.

Water Melon

I do not see us signing a really top top striker this summer, given that Wayne is a captain and must always play, preferably as a striker. With further reinforcements in midfield and wings Chicha, Wilson and Henriquez make a very solid group of backup strikers imho.

JackXX

Happy to see him score. Henry is high on arrogance & hasn't been great so far on Sky.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Very happy for Hernandez, I'm only a bit bitter that it had to be those cnuts he scored for. He's a great player and a lovely guy though. Henry can feck off with his insightful punditry, silly twat, Ronaldo fecking celebrates his own assist as if he scored, Rodriguez ignores Chicharito and runs to the corner flag as if he scored himself as well but Chicharito's the bad guy :lol:

Empire

We will not get £20m for him, he's spent the last two seasons barely playing. Good player and a great finisher but he's not really the top bracket. I was discussing this 3-4 years ago when he had just broken through and said that he wasn't a £30m+ player, I was ridiculed a lot.

I like him a lot and will be sad to see him go on a permanent basis but it has to happen. I don't think Real will make it permanent though, they are likely to go for a marquee signing instead.
I did say in that post we will get closer to £5m for him however the point I was making was that I do think with the tv money out there premier league clubs have even more to spend, to the right club he could have been worth £20m (obviously they would pay in instalments) but that would be dependant upon conditions, one being he's willingness to join them and also he would have needed to be loaned out to a club that matched him stylistically so he could perform well for this season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I did say in that post we will get closer to £5m for him however the point I was making was that I do think with the tv money out there premier league clubs have even more to spend, to the right club he could have been worth £20m (obviously they would pay in instalments) but that would be dependant upon conditions, one being he's willingness to join them and also he would have needed to be loaned out to a club that matched him stylistically so he could perform well for this season.
On the back of 2010-11 season he'd have probably been worth £20m, on the back of the last two seasons and considering significant wages he must be on, I believe £5m to £10m will be an adequate price at the minute. I don't think he'll stay in Premier League, none of top 6 will go for him and I doubt he'll fancy playing for Newcastle or Sunderland.

arthurka

Thought this overall play was great , we sure could have used him here this season. Great for the guy he is so likeable it is a sight for sore eyes in modern football. Worked his socks off and ps Henry is a grade A c...

Revan

Assumptionman
I really think that you should sign him. He would be relatively cheap and is a very good player. A very god replacement for Benzema. He also doesn't mind staying on the bench, as long as he plays quite often. And is a big match player.

I think that Ancelotti managed him quite badly though, and this will probably cost Madrid the title. He should have used rotation quite often and keep his best players fresh for the end of the season. There is no point starting Benzema every match, he needs some rest too and Hernandez would have been perfect replacement.

I would also be quite happy if he returns and becomes our second striker. Would much prefer him than RVP or Falcao.

Djemba-Djemba

If he was okay being a 4th choice striker then I'd like to see him stay but I don't think he'd want that.

I think he's almost certainly out the door for good in the summer.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I really think that you should sign him. He would be relatively cheap and is a very good player. A very god replacement for Benzema. He also doesn't mind staying on the bench, as long as he plays quite often. And is a big match player.

I think that Ancelotti managed him quite badly though, and this will probably cost Madrid the title. He should have used rotation quite often and keep his best players fresh for the end of the season. There is no point starting Benzema every match, he needs some rest too and Hernandez would have been perfect replacement.

I would also be quite happy if he returns and becomes our second striker. Would much prefer him than RVP or Falcao.
Agree with that. Although I still rate Falcao a bit higher Overall Chicha is already ours and we might get not more than 10 - 15 Mio EUR for him. Also it might be positive to have a clear hierarchy with Rooney first and him second (assuming RvP will leave as well).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I was impressed with him last night. He's played so little football this season but he did everything they could have asked for last night. He worked hard for that goal, and one of the truly impressive things was that he was still there and running after 90 minutes. It was a really impressive show of fitness and concentration.

Should he come back to us? I suspect he's already mentally moved on. A year on Madrid's bench may have told him what he needs, including whether that's to be a starter or not. I doubt he'll be first 11 (or even first 14, regular rotation) with us or Madrid. If he's willing to be a backup option then my guess, right now, is that he'd choose to be a Madrid backup. If only because he's already done 4 seasons with us.