Music Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some may know him from Community or his stand-up.

Anyone a fan? Freaks and Geeks is quality.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Camp, Culdesac and EP are all top quality. His production is ace, his rapping is hilarious and his singing isn't unbearable. He's great.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I like him actually, good rapper.

GingerPrince11

I swear there was already a thread, but his shit is dope, his new mixtape is going to be out soon, he did play some of his new tunes on a live show on youtube on monday, there probably some videos out, if you go look for it.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Didn't like 'Camp' at all, but there are a few tracks on 'Royalty' that are excellent.

Some of his production.....wow!

Now this I like. That beat switch-up for Ab-Soul at 2:36, Holy feck!

gza the genius

Yeah Camp wasn't very good at all, Royalty is much better. Unnecessary is the stand out track for me, that ab-Soul switch up is great. I didn't think Gambino was capable of stuff like this, all the collabs definitely helped.

roseguy64

Of course Camp was good. FFS. ROYALTY and Camp are different styles and both good in their own way. Just because you didn't like Camp doesn't mean it wasn't good.

JakeC

Coming to Ireland, gonna go.

KiD MoYeS

It won't sell out here, I'm getting a ticket in the next few days. It's a Friday night too. :D

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Unless he announced another gig, I'm pretty sure it is in fact sold out...that said, if you find some gimme a shout.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I've tried asking him too...

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
KC and JC the Dublin gig has been cancelled. So, eyes peeled for any rescheduling and update this motherfecker if you hear anything.

JakeC

Yeah was sold out, was cancelled no idea why

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Community I think, something to do with TV commitments that didn't exist when he made the gigs.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
It makes me feel slightly better knowing I won't miss him to be honest.
Feel the same way, have ticketmaster set to email me now if he has a new date.

Ivor Ballokov

New single seems ok.

Donald Glover shared a bunch of really personal notes on why he left Community

by Marah Eakin October 15, 2013
Donald Glover has thoughts, fears, and feelings, and he wants the world to know. Last night, the Community actor and rapper Instagrammed a series of handwritten notes he'd jotted down on a notepad in some (presumably bleak) Residence Inn. Across those seven confessional messages, Glover finally clarified he didn’t leave Community to rap, as was originally rumored, but rather because he wanted to “be on [his] own.” Glover says he’s “been sick this year” and has “seen a bunch of people die this year,” and that, while he “kept looking for something to be in with,” he realized that “you have to be on your own.” He also shared that he's “afraid Dan Harmon hates [him],” “afraid [he’ll] regret this,” and, perhaps most poignantly, “scared [he’ll] be Tyrese.”

Glover’s notes also suggest that he’s been arguing with his record label, Glassnote, about a December release date for the next Childish Gambino record. Glover says Glassnote doesn’t support it on the grounds that he’s “not a big artist” and “it’s not a holiday record”—all of which is understandable from a business point of view. But Glover argues, “Christmas always made me feel lonely, but it helped me restart the new year. I want people to [hear] this album when everything’s closed, when everything slows down and quiet. [sic.] So you can start over.” Which, judging by these notes, is something Glover is currently struggling to do.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/donald-glover-shared-a-bunch-of-really-personal-no,104227/

Ivor Ballokov

Yeah, he posted a follow up where he basically said he was just saying things that everyone feels but I still think it's a bit odd. It's not even the stuff he wrote but the need to post it to a bunch of strangers that I find weirdest.

Danillaco

This kid is awesome, good writer, great rapper and decent actor. I liked Camp better than Royalty, despite the production on the second was better, I felt his lyrics were way sharper on the first. Coup de sac (is that it?) was decent either.

Hopefully he can drop a great one again. So far, so good with 3005.

By the way his brother, Steve G Lover, is a good rapper too. Frequent flyer is awesome.

JakeC

Hope he's ok. Some of that stuff really hit home.

KiD MoYeS

Because The Internet thirty second song previews. Gambino is extremely creative. This'll be his third project in a row that sounds nothing like the previous, kinda like Kanye in that respect. Really looking forward to this.

KiD MoYeS

Songs keep 'leaking' off the album. And with it being titled 'Because the Internet' I reckon he's up to something...

KiD MoYeS

Also, this might be the saddest thread on RedCafe. Three ignored posts from me in a row.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I want to reply each time, but never know what to add. Feel better?

MoneyMay

Link me to the album, Kid Cunto.

Edit - Never mind. My boy Big-Red gave me a link. Cheers.