Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I am going to re-state what I said earlier - having an actual midfield helps the CBs distribution dramatically.

In previous seasons there have been loads of times every single game where I saw one of the CBs have the ball and nobody from midfield would show for it - meaning the only option was a sideways pass or lumping it forwards. You cannot build from the back under those conditions.

People saying that Smalling doesnt fit LVGs style have it completely wrong. The fact that now we have players dropping back and giving the defenders options for who to pass to, benefits Smalling immensely. He isnt that bad on the ball anyway - it was a confidence issue. The stats show that Smalling has the joint highest passing completion in the league so far for a CB, so 'nuff said.

Rossa

I am going to re-state what I said earlier - having an actual midfield helps the CBs distribution dramatically.

In previous seasons there have been loads of times every single game where I saw one of the CBs have the ball and nobody from midfield would show for it - meaning the only option was a sideways pass or lumping it forwards. You cannot build from the back under those conditions.

People saying that Smalling doesnt fit LVGs style have it completely wrong. The fact that now we have players dropping back and giving the defenders options for who to pass to, benefits Smalling immensely. He isnt that bad on the ball anyway - it was a confidence issue. The stats show that Smalling has the joint highest passing completion in the league so far for a CB, so 'nuff said.
You are so very right. It's the same reason why Rio suddenly became shit with the ball - there were no options to pass to. Rio did state that Moyes wanted him to hoof the ball forward. Obviously, that doesn't really suit our team. Having Herrera, Mata and Carrick providing passing options dramatically improve our passing from the back.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
At least one person asked Amos what the hell is he still doing here? Right?

How old is he now, 24-25?

Ozio

At least one person asked Amos what the hell is he still doing here? Right?

How old is he now, 24-25?
Relatively decent Academy product that doesn't mind being third choice (fourth, if we sign Valdes), allow it mate.

Southampton 1:2 Man Utd

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Injured again. No matter how talented he is, he should be on his way out soon alongside the usual culprits if he doesn't get his injury problems out of the way. Unlucky but that's the way it should be.

Man-United

That looked bad, how many weeks could a injury like that be keeping him out for?

OneUnited24

Brilliant, we've looked so much assured with him in our team and now we're back to square one

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm sure defensive injuries will even themselves out over the course of the season - didn't Chelsea lose Cahill for 45 minutes recently?

Sam

On a positive note, this injury must mean Jones is back to full fitness.

Hurrah!