Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy

100 per cent Keep Smalling, I want to see us go to a 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 in the future and think he will do fine in either of those formations.

Would like to see Jones gone, I seem to rate him better when he was playing for Blackburn alongside samba. I don't want to be overly harsh on him but his development since then just seems to have stagnated.

flappyjay

Play him on Thursday and the following Thursday. Shouldn't play against Arsenal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Good. Just in time to damage our recovering CBs once more.

Arsenal 2:0 Man Utd

Nick.

Must never be allowed to be a United first teamer again. Simply not good enough neither defensively nor on the ball imo.

Would sell for £30-40m.

AXVnee7

THat's the problem where you're so injury prone. When you come back you're not sharp, and every mistake is magnified. I said in the Luke Shaw thread that Smalling and Jones would be top of my list to leave the club. They've had more than their fair share of chances- chances no other European giant would give them.

Traub

Ya just isn't good enough. Then again he isn't first choice, so it kind of makes sense.

Man-United

You are weird. Blaming a man who's been injured for 7 weeks and made his first start. Yeah, let's do it!

Drainy

You are weird. Blaming a man who's been injured for 7 weeks and made his first start. Yeah, let's do it!
He's been very mediocre for most of the time he's been at the club. He has outstanding physical attributes so could in theory be a great defender, and for about 2 months he was, but he almost always finds a way to let you down.

Man-United

He's been very mediocre for most of the time he's been at the club. He has outstanding physical attributes so could in theory be a great defender, and for about 2 months he was, but he almost always finds a way to let you down.
That's better explained. Not having a go at him because of today, but instead long term, like you there which is easier to understand and agree with.

led_scholes

Ya just isn't good enough. Then again he isn't first choice, so it kind of makes sense.
Well, he started this year as the first choice, and the fact that now he is a backup player out for 3 months every year really doesn't make any sense to keep him around.

Cloud7

Get him out of the club. He's always injured or recovering from injury so he can't be judged. He's had more than enough time at the club.

el3mel

Has no place in the club. Failed in almost every chance he got this season.

He left Welbeck completely free to do the header. What's the use of him being a defender then if he's letting the forward alone to do what he want ?

No hope in such kind of defenders.

izec

Someone claimed that he actually isnt that bad and a lot of his few mistakes lead to goals, he is unlucky :houllier:

He is just shit. 27 years old and still makes basic mistakes every game. He doesnt make a lot of mistakes, but still every game one or two critical that lead to good chances and goals mostly

snk123

I swear everytime he plays i feel we are going to get hammered.

iKeano

Has the most nervous first touch on the ball. Like Bambi on acid.
This. Looks uneasy every time he has the ball, it's like he's petrified of it.
Fear of footballs and evidently jumping. Off to Everton with you please and thanks.

devips

Smalling is our best centre back. Is just back from injury. Give him time. In any case, he played quite well today.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's all that's wrong with the squad, not good enough when fit and rarely fit in anycase. Get shut.

Raw

Smalling is our best centre back. Is just back from injury. Give him time. In any case, he played quite well today.
Smallings one good season (more like half a season) was helped by LVGs ultra possession football that still conceded 20 shots a game. He's 28 in November and people are still acting like he's some young up and coming player with time on his side.

If that's our best CB I'd be seriously worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.